1. (a) A resident of UK or Republic of Ireland; though we are willing to accept entries from overseas on the condition that you are willing and available to be in the UK, at your own expense, for promotion and publicity should your entry be selected as one of the winners; (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry; (c) a registered member of Mumsnet or Gransnet; (d) free to enter into the terms and conditions set out herein; (e) happy to have your story edited; (f) happy to take part in reasonable marketing activity and publicity.
2. The competition is not open to (a) employees (or members of their immediate families) of Mumsnet where the term "Mumsnet" shall mean Mumsnet, Gransnet or anyone associated with Mumsnet and Gransnet promoting this competition, including for the avoidance of doubt, Walker Books Ltd; and (b) already published or contracted to be published authors of books/stories for children, whether under your own name or a pseudonym (for clarity the exclusion under (b) does not apply to bloggers or authors of adult books.)
3. Mumsnet may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
4. All entries must be made using the form on the relevant competition page. Entries cannot be returned to those participating.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
6. Only one entry per person.
7. The closing date for the competition, unless otherwise stated, is Friday 30 November 2012.
8. By entering this competition you hereby (a) unconditionally and irrevocably grant and assign to Mumsnet (including Gransnet) throughout the world in all languages all copyright and rights in the nature of copyright and all other rights in your entry, together with full title guarantee and all rights of action to the same belonging or accrued and shall hold the same to Mumsnet (including Gransnet) for the full period of copyright and all extensions and renewals thereof and thereafter; (b) waive all moral rights as defined by sections 77-83 of the Copyrights Designs and Patents Act 1988 or any similar laws of any jurisdiction; (c) warrant you have the power to grant the rights herein stated, that your entry is original to you, does not infringe copyright, moral rights or the rights or licence of any other third person/entity, has never been published anywhere in the world, does not contain anything libellous, in breach of confidence, inaccurate or in any other way contrary to law and any recipes or formulas are not in any way injurious or harmful; and (d) indemnify and keep Mumsnet harmless against all loss, risk, cost, damages, claims, liabilities and expense occasioned to Mumsnet in consequence of any breach of these warranties or arising out of any claim alleging that your entry constitutes in any way a breach of these warranties.
9. By entering this competition you hereby acknowledge and accept that a) the prize offered by Mumsnet is the full compensation receivable by you for any or all uses of your entry; b) you have no claim at any time for any royalty, fee, advance or any other form of payment from the publisher, Walker Books Ltd. and c) no correspondence will be entered into with your agent or other representative, in the event you have one, and you will only deal directly with Mumsnet for the purposes of this competition and the terms and conditions of entry.
10. Twenty (20) stories will be short-listed by our judging panel from the qualifying entries received.
11. Of the 20 shortlisted stories, Michael Rosen will select ten (10) for publication.
12. The shortlisted stories will be posted online on 28 January. We will notify the authors of the final ten (10) stories selected for publication by email within 36 hours of the chair of judges' final decision.
13. If we do not get a response to the email within two weeks or you are unable to accept the prize, it will be offered to the author of a runner-up story.
14. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. You can find out who has won a particular competition by looking at Mumsnet’s Winners’ Corner or Gransnet’s Won anything? thread.
16. The prize is not exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
17. If, for any reason, an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
18. Incorrectly completed entries or entries not in compliance with the entry criteria and these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
19. Unless you are on the announced shortlist, rights in your submission granted to Mumsnet (including Gransnet) under point 8 of these terms and conditions shall revert to you automatically on 28th February 2013.
20. If you are on the shortlist but not one of the final winning entries, rights in your submission granted to Mumsnet (including Gransnet) under point 8 of these terms and conditions shall revert to you at Mumsnet’s and Gransnet’s discretion following written notice from Mumsnet or Gransnet.
21. Your details will be collected via encrypted data solely for the purposes of this competition and deleted on reversion of rights to you as stated. Details for shortlisted and winning authors will be retained for ongoing and archival purposes but will not be transferred to any unconnected third parties.
22. The rules of this competition are governed by UK law and entry is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions which may be amended at any time by Mumsnet (including Gransnset).