Gransnet forums

AIBU

Catalogues

(15 Posts)
ninathenana Tue 24-May-16 16:37:07

I've been buying on line from a certain catalogue for several years.
I have a unasked for and unused credit limit of £1500. The last items I ordered in April were returned within a week. I've just had my May statement and have been charged £3.50 for a late payment. How is the £1.50 P&P late when this is the first statement I've had since returning the goods confused
Don't get me started on trying to speak to a human angry

Jenty61 Tue 24-May-16 17:02:02

just because you sent it back within the week doesnt mean to say they have recieved it within their alloted time...same thing has happened to me before now and Ive refused to pay...( I always send an email via the catalogues website )

once I revieved faulty goods and they had the cheek to send me a bill for the postage! no I didnt pay!

ninathenana Tue 24-May-16 17:52:19

Their returns policy says within 14 days. The statement states they received the goods within 5 days. Plus as I said this is the first statement I've received since returning goods so how can I have a non payment and to add £3.50 for an outstanding £1.50 to a 20 yr loyal customer is pants in my opinion.
If I could buy the items they sell elsewhere I would.

ninathenana Tue 24-May-16 17:54:04

BTW I don't owe them any other monies.

granjura Tue 24-May-16 18:27:05

Do you still get free delivery and returns in the UK? In France and Switzerland you have to pay for postage both ways- grrr.

ninathenana Wed 25-May-16 00:56:11

It varies from company to company grandura
This one changes P&P but returns are free.

ninathenana Wed 25-May-16 00:58:32

Sorry granjura bloody Kindle

puppytoe Wed 25-May-16 09:40:48

When you returned it did you get a receipt from the PO/courier? That should be your proof of postage and that it was returned within the allowed time

FreeSpirit1 Wed 25-May-16 10:47:11

What is AIBU?

lizzypopbottle Wed 25-May-16 10:56:48

Am I Being Unreasonable

poshpaws Wed 25-May-16 20:16:51

I don't understand. You say your credit account is unused, but then that you've been charged for a late payment? How is this possible? And I'd stop using the company if I were you - try google for what you normally buy from them, or amazon - amazon basically have everything you'd ever need lol.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 25-May-16 20:56:14

So, they've actually charged the £3.50 late payment fee, on the £1.50 P&P charge that is still outstanding. And that is the only amount you owe them as you returned the actual goods, and they have received them. That's ridiculous. Tell them they have to refund it to your card.

Name and shame?

ninathenana Thu 26-May-16 01:12:23

Yes that's exactly it jings
I did try to despute it but went round in circles trying to talk to a person rather than a machine.

poshpaws Amazon don't sell plus size women's clothing smile the late payment charge is because I haven't paid the £1.50 P&P

rubylady Thu 26-May-16 04:14:30

Of course Amazon sell plus size for women. I've just typed in plus size clothes for women and got 400 pages full. Try it. smile

cornergran Fri 27-May-16 00:55:47

nina, I certainly don't rhino you are being at all unreasonable. There will be an automated reason why this has happened. if they wont listen then escalate, to the Chairman or CEO's office if you need to, or maybe worth checking with the CAB first. If they agree they are pretty good at providing appropriate wording. Hope right is on your side as well as common sense.