Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU to think I might actually be able to complain to Tesco's about their Abingdon customer service ?

(32 Posts)
AlieOxon Tue 27-Sep-16 17:17:11

On the phone. that is. I am sure i left socks which I had exchanged (customer service fine on this) on the counter. I tried to ring them up when I got home and ended up being told, no socks...

....but this was after about 5 mins on the phone being told how to get other services, got through to someone who then had to walk to customer services, where I was left not knowing what was happening for another 5 mins, thought I had been cut off, then hearing scuffling, finally someone answered again....
Not efficient or polite.
I still think I forgot to pick them up!

Do Tesco do complaints????
I certainly couldn't find them online!

NanaandGrampy Tue 27-Sep-16 19:11:11

www.tesco.com/help/contact/

This page has all the contact options including an online equiry form .

AlieOxon Tue 27-Sep-16 19:39:41

Thanks, Nana.

DaphneBroon Tue 27-Sep-16 19:43:53

That well known oxymoron?
(Customer service)

AlieOxon Tue 27-Sep-16 20:13:58

Yeah.

AlieOxon Tue 27-Sep-16 20:14:50

- I found the enquiry from , which is of course right at the bottom of the page....

rosesarered Tue 27-Sep-16 20:53:15

I have left things on the counter too Alie and they always say it wasn't there....makes you wonder.Yes, complain, but they don't seem to want to know at that particular branch.

AlieOxon Tue 27-Sep-16 20:57:32

Very annoyed, as I will have to go BACK there if I want those particular socks!

rosesarered Tue 27-Sep-16 21:08:12

Were they lovely fluffy ones? I imagine you could get them a bit nearer to home for you though, other stores are available as they say, and don't think I would want to pay Tesco yet again for the same product.

Ana Tue 27-Sep-16 21:12:36

I've always found Tesco Customer Service to be rubbish. Asda's is much better.

AlieOxon Wed 28-Sep-16 08:26:21

They weren't lovely but they were some I could wear. F&F ones, men's, with non-elastic tops....any tightness at all makes my feet swell! I have looked for them online, but only found black, very boring, and these were two blues and a brown....
...WHY are there no nice ones like BHS used to do years ago in lovely colours?

Maggiemaybe Wed 28-Sep-16 08:30:44

My impressions are the reverse, Ana I've only ever had good experiences of Tesco Customer Service. My latest last week, when I emailed them to report a missing item in my online order (a very small one that I think I might have overlooked myself when unpacking the boxes). I just mentioned as an aside that most of the fruit was damp on arrival and it might be a storage issue. They refunded the lot, over £14, even though I said it was fine after a quick rub down with the tea towel!

But Asda shock I've had so many bad experiences. For starters my only online order was hours late - they didn't have satnav or a map and must have rung us eight times for directions as they circled round our address. And when I reviewed my experience, as requested, I didn't even get a reply, let alone an apology.

notnecessarilywiser Wed 28-Sep-16 08:32:28

TKMaxx usually stock nice packs of socks without elastic in the tops.

Purpledaffodil Wed 28-Sep-16 08:34:04

Alieoxon you can get some pretty soft top socks in colours and patterns in TK Maxx. Think they are by Sock Shop? I have seen similar on eBay and randomly my local garden centre. Good luck!

Purpledaffodil Wed 28-Sep-16 08:37:20

Just checked on eBay, www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-pairs-Non-Elastic-Gentle-Grip-Socks-Soft-Cotton-Honeycomb-Top-Size-4-8-Ladies-/291615206417?var=&hash=item43e59eec11:m:meoZgp9rcZnozJxN0AyE6Ig

tiggypiro Wed 28-Sep-16 09:09:57

I got some lovely Pringle socks in Boundary Mill - 3 pairs for £4. They are mens but fit my size 7 feet perfectly and come in a good range of colours. They wash and wear well too.

annodomini Wed 28-Sep-16 09:36:30

One of our local garden centres (Nottcutts) sells soft-top socks of which I have a drawerful. I have also found some on Ebay. Back to socks this week as the sandals have been put away until next summer.

AlieOxon Wed 28-Sep-16 09:41:48

Never thought of Nottcutts selling socks! Thanks for all the ideas folks.
I will have to look carefully, as I have found that not all socks advertised as non-elastic, are!....

M0nica Wed 28-Sep-16 15:06:30

The problem with our (Alie and mine) local Notcutts, and probably all of them, is that they are like IKEA. You want a packet of seeds from the rack near the tills but they insist you have to use an entrance somewhere in the next village (or at least it feels like that) and walk, and walk, and walk through every single department in hopes that you will impulse buy on the way to the till.

In my case, by the time I reach the tills I have lost my will to live and I am so cross I walk out without buying anything and vow never to come back again.

M0nica Wed 28-Sep-16 15:09:14

Oh, yes Tesco, I think what happens is that the staff behind the information desk change every few hours and they just assume anything left on the counter belongs back on the shelf because it was a return or the return part of a swap, so nobody ever gives the matter much thought.

AlieOxon Wed 28-Sep-16 17:18:11

That#s a point, M0nica. I think I was imagining worse because I was already so annoyed at the way the staff sere treating me - which was the half of my complaint.

AlieOxon Wed 28-Sep-16 17:18:35

were!

Ana Wed 28-Sep-16 17:24:24

M0nica, it's the same at our branch of B&M - have to trudge miles to get what you want! I sometimes manage to squeeze past someone paying at one of the tills to cut my journey, but it doesn't always work...

ninathenana Wed 28-Sep-16 17:32:56

I once very stupidly failed to take a £10 note change out of the self service till in Tesco. I thought I'd have a laugh and ring and ask if they had it. Laugh was on me, yes they did !! I've returned a joint of pork to them too which was off. I got a replacement and my money back. I've always had good CS from our branch.

Luckygirl Wed 28-Sep-16 18:05:58

I have always received courteous help when I have had to phone about my Tesco online order.