Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What's on your Christmas wish list?

(77 Posts)
EmilyGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 26-Nov-14 15:36:57

We'd love to know what you would all love to find under your trees this Christmas? Do you always receive a pair of gloves from well-meaning relatives when really, you wish you had been given a new lippy?

So please post your answers to the following below...

"All I want for Christmas is..."

And we'll put in a good word with the big guy for you wink

pompa Wed 26-Nov-14 15:53:18

A FrSky Taranis Transmitter.
www.frsky-rc.com/ad/List.html
Well you did ask.

kittylester Wed 26-Nov-14 15:56:29

Is there a version in English pompa?

not a new set of pans!!

Brendawymms Wed 26-Nov-14 16:01:06

Some flowers bought with love.

It's about time we had a festive grin.

Anne58 Wed 26-Nov-14 16:03:16

I saw an advert in either one of the sections of Saturdays edition of the Daily Telegraph or last weeks Radio Times for what looked like a reasonable tablet with an attachable key pad (as an extra, but also seemed not too expensive) and was dropping hints to Mr P, but somehow I doubt if he will have noticed!

As we are about to have a new fridge freezer, I expect that presents will be of the sort of "token" variety, but after last year I really don't mind in the least!

Anne58 Wed 26-Nov-14 16:04:07

Brenda ! It's not even the first Sunday in Advent yet!

chloe1984 Wed 26-Nov-14 16:13:24

Please Santa , I really, really want the limited edition zip front jacket that I saw in Marks and Spencer this morning ,a pair of slippers , to lose seven pounds, unlimited chocolate and a fairly edible Christmas lunch ( as I will be cooking it for the first time in years) and nearly forgot I also want to know what is going to happen to David and Ruth in the Archers. Thank you.

kittylester Wed 26-Nov-14 16:45:05

Aw, flip! Now I wish I had kept up with the Archers after they mucked about with the time!

Nelliemoser Wed 26-Nov-14 16:50:27

Some more Addi circular knitting needles. This time going down in size from 5mm. they are wondesuc

I will pass this to one of my children. Last year DS, under instruction, bought me a set of the larger ones.

Nelliemoser Wed 26-Nov-14 16:52:59

Ooops! Posted too soon! It should read they are the most wonderful needles to knit with.

pompa Wed 26-Nov-14 16:55:51

KL, that was the English version !. Which is why I have to order my own present.

shysal Wed 26-Nov-14 17:01:52

Chloe, there is no way that Ruth and David will leave Ambridge. Heather's demise is imminent I feel.

shysal Wed 26-Nov-14 17:07:37

I would love a new laptop, but as the family doesn't give adult presents any more, I shall have to treat myself. The trouble is I have heard such bad things about Windows 8 that maybe I should wait for 9 or 10. I am still using Vista and hate change!

Nelliemoser Wed 26-Nov-14 17:11:51

I was thinking Ruth and David had already burnt their boats, but they seemed to me to be rather vague about exactly who's deal they were accepting. Either that or I wasn't listening properly!

Agus Wed 26-Nov-14 17:16:06

A few white Amaryllis bulbs and at least a dozen, paper white bulbs please.

Agus Wed 26-Nov-14 17:16:53

Paperwhite

pompa Wed 26-Nov-14 17:24:13

Shysal, the latest windows 8.1 can be easily configured to run very much like earlier versions of windows. Took me a while to get totally comfortable with it (2 weeks ish) but now I love it. much more stable than previous versions. A touch screen laptop is best, but not essential. My favorite gizmo is my Logitec M570 wireless ball mouse, wonderful bit of kit (provided you are right handed) you can access all of the w8.1 functions from the arm of your chair.

chloe1984 Wed 26-Nov-14 17:26:11

Am thinking that perhaps they may just leave and the script writers will create a new Ambridge dynasty. Perhaps a joint Christmas gift would be for the Archers Grans to write a few episodes ( or perhaps that's another thread altogether ) I can think of a few cast members I would like to see move on to pastures new.

numberplease Wed 26-Nov-14 17:39:56

Silly maybe, but I`d really love one of those little fish tanks with the artificial fish swimming around! One of my daughters bought me one several years ago, and I loved it, kept it on the kitchen window ledge, till it gave up the ghost. I even saved the fish from it, so if I get another, it`ll have extra fish!

shysal Wed 26-Nov-14 17:46:15

Thanks for the advice pompa. I may get a new laptop in the sales then. You might get fed up with me asking for help on here! I will get a 'Plain & Simple' easy guide to help me along.

Anne58 Wed 26-Nov-14 17:46:58

Not silly at all number if you like it, and that's what you want!

I could make quite a few comments re the Archers, but may well toddle over to the other thread in a mo.

pompa, I'm left handed but use the mouse with my right hand, so would it work for me?

Brendawymms Wed 26-Nov-14 17:47:49

Phoenix it was the Gransnet team that started this thread about Christmas so I consider that they should also have started festive smilies.

If we can't ignore it any longer then embrace it.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 26-Nov-14 17:51:16

There's nothing really. shock

Sorry to be unhelpful.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 26-Nov-14 17:52:38

I'm going to a Xmas Market at the weekend. gringringringringrin

Getting a bit excited.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 26-Nov-14 17:53:18

Sorry about the line of grinning turtles. They look horrible.