Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Life, Love and The Archers - April book of the month

(78 Posts)
LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 01-Apr-15 14:02:12

For those of you who received a copy of Wendy Cope's collection of prose, do add your questions and comments for her below! More about the book itself here.

loopylou Thu 02-Apr-15 11:37:44

Thank you so much for my copy, it's just arrived!
tbugrin Very much looking forward to starting reading it later x

Greenfinch Thu 02-Apr-15 12:09:38

Many thanks from me too .I have just finished reading "Not Quite Nice" and with Easter imminent the timing is perfect. I must admit I have dipped into it already and it looks good.

chloe1984 Thu 02-Apr-15 12:29:55

Thank you for my copy which arrived this morning looking forward to reading it over the Easter weekend.

shysal Thu 02-Apr-15 12:39:52

Thank you for my copy too. It is not the sort of thing I would normally read, so looking forward to giving it a try.

Maggiemaybe Thu 02-Apr-15 13:11:00

Thank you for my copy too - I'm really looking forward to reading this one.

matson Thu 02-Apr-15 13:27:03

Thank you for my copy of Life, Love and The Archers, looks interesting.

gardener Thu 02-Apr-15 13:34:36

Thank you for my copy - just arrived.
Nice to have a different style of book to read for a change.

gillogg Thu 02-Apr-15 14:04:52

Thank you for my copy which arrived this morning.I have to finish the latest Ken Follett tome which is good but taking a lot of wading through.I am looking foward to a lighter read!

Gagagran Thu 02-Apr-15 14:28:28

Many thanks from me too - Joe my lovely postie has just brought it. I am looking forward to trying something different.

cde58 Thu 02-Apr-15 14:34:41

Mine has just arrived today. A great surprise as I had just finished a book and was wondering what to read next! No need for library trip now. Looking forward to reading.

geri Thu 02-Apr-15 14:37:00

Just got my copy today, in perfect time for the easter break, thanks so much. Looking forward to getting into it.

redamanthas Thu 02-Apr-15 18:35:22

Thank you for my copy. On the mat today when I arrived home from Plymouth. Can't wait to read it

Quiltinggran Thu 02-Apr-15 18:53:31

Thank you for my copy which arrived today too. I've dipped into it a bit already and am really looking forward to reading it over the Easter weekend.

Grannybug Thu 02-Apr-15 19:53:38

Thank you for my copy which arrived this morning .

Gracesgran Thu 02-Apr-15 20:22:59

Thank you for my copy that arrived today. Looking forward to a good read.

grandimars Thu 02-Apr-15 22:15:03

My thanks too for my copy, which I'll be reading on holiday nex week. (I've already read The Archers bit!)

pattiesplum Fri 03-Apr-15 00:44:45

Thank you for my copy of Life, Love and the Archers. I have already started reading it and loved I Remember.

Brought back memories when I read I remember permanganate of potash. It made the water bright purple and you had to sit with your feet in it". My poor brother had purple feet for months due to this as the doctor prescribed it because he had very smelly feet (and sadly still does).

Tempt to write a little I Remember piece myself.

glammanana Fri 03-Apr-15 11:48:34

Thanks so much for my copy which arrived yesterday I'm looking forward to the read,its next on my list I should start it over the week-end.

prefect Fri 03-Apr-15 14:16:29

Thanks very much indeed for my copy - what a treat! Attended one of Wendy Cope's readings many years ago. and look forward to her responses to questions about many things in this book.

jean48 Fri 03-Apr-15 23:03:23

Thank you very much for my copy which I look forward to reading

Annie29 Sat 04-Apr-15 21:48:09

Thank you for my copy. Looking forward to reading it.

Versavisa Sun 05-Apr-15 10:07:48

Got home from visiting to find my copy awaiting me. Thank you very much. It looks good.

I read the first chapter, but found I didn't want to go on. Not because I didn't enjoy it, but because I did! I want them to stand separately and be able to think about them individually. Does that make sense?

So it could be a while before I finish the book; having two granddaughters here doesn't give me much time either.

chloe1984 Mon 06-Apr-15 09:42:57

Really enjoyed this book found I had to ration myself as I liked it so much I would have read it all in one sitting. Provided a lot of food for thought especially around parenting and finding a partner in later life. Much to my shame the author was previously not known to me but am going to browse the bookshop today for a couple of her books. What a really interesting read have passed it on to my sister.

philatel Tue 07-Apr-15 13:54:03

Thank you so much for my copy - started reading in this morning and just want to sit and read it all in one go. Very enjoyable reading.