Gransnet forums

Chat

What I did today.

(1000 Posts)
Nelliemoser Thu 27-Sep-12 22:54:32

"Today I've been is full" So I have started What I did Today, as I have something to be a granny bore with.

Today I became a gran for real. DD had my 1st GC 8 days after due date. Several days of twinges and a bad night.
DD rang me at 12;15 today.Just seen midwife at clinic, 3cm and waiting for the taxi to hospital. 5pm I had a phone call, baby had arrived at at 3:30 pm. That is 3 to 10cm in 3hrs! Noah Alexander ***. 6lb 11ozs. Forceps as baby was tiring but amazingly quick DD and SIL surprised by the speed. DD tired and sore but says she is totally in love. I am visiting tomorrow 60 miles away. What a day smile smile smile smile

Oldgreymare Thu 27-Sep-12 23:01:06

Congratulations Nelliemoser, what a day indeed. Enjoy your visit and first cuddle tomorrow. smile

johanna Thu 27-Sep-12 23:04:12

Very many congratulations nelliem.
How wonderful for you. Your DD did very well.
You must be beside yourself with excitement/emotion.

Greatnan Thu 27-Sep-12 23:10:28

Congratulations to all concerned! That was a quickie!

numberplease Thu 27-Sep-12 23:15:12

Congratulations!

Grannylin Thu 27-Sep-12 23:19:11

Lovely news nelliemo and congratulations gran!flowers

whenim64 Thu 27-Sep-12 23:20:40

Nelliemoser that's just the most fabulous news! Cogratulations to you all, and welcome to Noah flowers

jeni Thu 27-Sep-12 23:35:01

flowers

jeni Thu 27-Sep-12 23:40:05

Horrible day!
Didn't sleep. Too upset about the complaints!
Felt weepy all day. Still very down.
Going to bed now as I'm exhausted!
[crescent moon] all

harrigran Thu 27-Sep-12 23:44:33

Congratulations Nelliemoser flowers

annodomini Fri 28-Sep-12 00:06:25

Super news, Nelliemoser. Great to be a gran, isn't it? Just wait till you get that first cuddle. Something you'll always remember. flowers

Bags Fri 28-Sep-12 06:23:47

Congratulations, nelliem! Have a lovely day visiting today smile.

Bags Fri 28-Sep-12 06:48:19

How did the reception go, glass?

Hope you're well on the way to recovery, jeni.

kitty, ah, slippers downstairs when needed upstairs (or vice versa) syndrome. I get that a lot!

I'm back here now instead of getting washed because I went to get washed but had a nosebleed instead so then I had to vacate the bathroom for DD who wants a shower (voluntarily! usually I have to drive her there!) because she came home from scouts last night with a charcoaly face. She must be growing up – a year a go she wouldn't have cared about going to school dirty wink.

kittylester Fri 28-Sep-12 06:48:54

Nellie well done to your DD and congratulations to you. flowerssunshine

jeni flowers

Littlenellie Fri 28-Sep-12 07:15:19

Congratulations on your first grandchild nelliem welcome to little noah sure we will here lots more about him flowers and wine to wet his head sunshine

jeni big hugs how very dare they upset you like this[[[[[ ]]]]]]]] hope the feet are feeling betterxxxx

kitty hope you feeling so shaky now after your tumblexxxxxxx

bags tissue for your nosebleedxxxx

glass did you go ?xxx

Littlenellie Fri 28-Sep-12 07:17:56

That should be hear about noah blush ,and kitty that should be not feeling shaky..flipping IPad.

Bez Fri 28-Sep-12 07:21:27

Great news Nellie - enjoy all the cuddles and nothing like the smell - obviously do not mean the one after they have performed! Enjoy today.

kittylester Fri 28-Sep-12 07:28:40

Just heard that one of my husband's longest standing friends died yesterday. It had been expected but still a shock and very sad when it actually happens. They were at university together, shared a house, got drunk together and DH was his best man. He was loud, funny, irritating, funny, irrepressible and always there. We will miss him lots.

glassortwo Fri 28-Sep-12 07:48:50

Congratulations Nelliem quick arrival have a lovely cuddle flowers wine

Yes I went, how can an evening be soooooooooooooo long, and my face is aching with smiling all night only person I knew was DH, they were all lovely but I felt a little out of my comfort zone. Dh would not let me pre book a taxi and waited till 11.30 to book it and then had to wait till 12.15 so we were still there for the last song shock and if DH complains today of his hips or knees he will be in trouble he danced all night like an 18 year old hmm next party we are at and he refuses to dance and I will be reminding him of his all night performance grin so I feel like a zombie this morning.

jeni hope you have a chilled day today sunshine

glassortwo Fri 28-Sep-12 07:49:14

kitty flowers

kittylester Fri 28-Sep-12 08:07:57

He was funny but not that funny blush

glass well done - that must loads of brownie points. Have a rest ant lots of brew

kittylester Fri 28-Sep-12 08:09:58

And NOT ant. Grrrr!!!!

Butternut Fri 28-Sep-12 08:27:02

glass Today is yours! Do exactly as you wish grin. Well done for going - I'm sure your dh was very pleased to have you there.

glitabo Fri 28-Sep-12 08:55:34

Congratulations nelliem wine
jeni flowers

Elegran Fri 28-Sep-12 09:00:05

I have just made what was supposed to be a lovely pot of filter coffee. It would have been better if I had put coffee in it, not Green and Black's hot chocolate (next to it in the cupboard)

I do like their hot choc, but not watered down to nothing and most of it clogging the filter.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion