Chat

Soops kitcheners

(1000 Posts)
Galen Sun 13-Jul-14 21:53:13

Where's the new extension?
Can I have gps co-ordinates?
Desperate of Portishead

Crafting Sun 13-Jul-14 22:01:05

Galen I'm following you. Any idea where we are going?

rosequartz Sun 13-Jul-14 22:05:38

I'm tagging along too, can rarely get into Soop's kitchen and if I can I am not usually able to say anything.

Just paddling across the Severn in my coracle, Galen, wait for me ...

Charleygirl Sun 13-Jul-14 22:13:01

Follow Rory's purrs, sorted.

Agus Sun 13-Jul-14 22:15:52

Hello kitcheners. I have started a new one. Look out for Soopers

Charleygirl Sun 13-Jul-14 22:46:29

I thought that I was going quietly crazy.

Charleygirl Sun 13-Jul-14 22:49:02

I prefer soop's kitcheners to just soopers.

Nelliemoser Sun 13-Jul-14 23:26:01

We are now running two threads at soops

This is too confusing! how about asking GNHQ to merge as. soop's sooper kitcheners perhaps?

See this post on Soopers.

kittylester Mon 14-Jul-14 06:22:26

I thought the extension was to be called soop's lodgers as it was in the lodge grin

soop Mon 14-Jul-14 10:37:51

Ta dah! Now look what happens when I disappear into the ether for the weekend...I've been wandering from room to room calling HELLOOOOO and couldn't get a response. So....it seems we have two meeting places. Such a dilemma. Before we decide what to do, I'll take a look at the other venue. I shall return with ALL the latest news. I also need to know what's been happening to you lot in my absence. wink

soop Mon 14-Jul-14 11:46:19

We shall have to stay in the kitchen. Something very odd is going on. I've been trying to tell you lot all about what happened in my absence. I have lost the message. How extremely frustrating. I shall have to start again. hmm

My son, in Sussex, was to have a big party on Saturday night to celebrate his 40th birthday. I didn't think that there was any chance of attending....but, to his amazement, I managed it.

Dear MacS drove me to Glasgow airport on Saturday morning. We left home at 9:30. With assistance, I boarded a plane to Gatwick. There was a "minor technical hitch" and the flight was delayed. Eventually landed at 4:45 and taxied to home of my son's partner's Mum who lives in the same the village. We walked up a very long hill and reached my son's home at 6:15. People had been congregating since mid afternoon. His face, when he saw me, was a picture! I then met my ex-husband [son's father] and his lovely partner. We all get along well. I met with my son's pals from school days. Many of which I'm very fond. Every guest then walked to a pretty village inn. The meal was super and the evening a total success. A pic for you to see in my album. I stayed with partner's mum overnight. We had great fun. Next day said farewell to my son and taxied to airport. Darling MacS met me when I landed and we drove home. Met by Rory at 6:30 ...flopped into our chairs and raised a glass of cheer. It was a marvellous treat. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. This is the 2nd time I've related this tale to you. I shall blow a fuse if it doesn't appear in the forum.

I shall then read through all your news. flowers

thatbags Mon 14-Jul-14 11:52:25

smile

kittylester Mon 14-Jul-14 11:52:48

I've just read it so it did appear soopgrin That was almost what I thought was going to happen! Glad you had a good time. How is MacS?

I do hope Bella can find us, wherever we end up, as I'd love to know how things are going.

AlieOxon Mon 14-Jul-14 11:53:07

You are definitely here. Sounds like a great day soop !

My news not great. After ructions with No.10's dogs on Friday, my cat is missing today. She's over 20, doddery and deaf - so I can't even call her.

soop Mon 14-Jul-14 11:56:46

AlieO How distressing for you. I would be in bits. Those neighbours and their dogs need sectioning. [mad]

ffinnochio Mon 14-Jul-14 11:57:06

soop Fabulous picture! So glad you had a wonderful trip. sunshine

soop Mon 14-Jul-14 12:04:32

Dear Dragonfly I'm very sorry to hear of your sad news. My arm around your shoulder. (hug)

Granny23 Good news about your dear husband. So much has happened in my absence. If I've missed anything I hope to catch up as soon as I can.

bags grin

soop Mon 14-Jul-14 12:05:52

AlieO I meant to post angry I hope that you know that is how I feel about your plight.

Charleygirl Mon 14-Jul-14 12:05:56

soop what a lovely weekend for you and a fabulous surprise for your son. Did Rory notice your absence?!

Alie it never rains but it pours in your neck of the woods. Hopefully your cat will come home when she is hungry.

Tara has put on some weight- mainly because she is sleeping all night in bed, coming down about 1pm for a late breakfast and then dozing in a chair downstairs until she fancies a stretch out on a bed again for a few hours. Today she was in a garden chair in the sunshine, fast asleep. I disturbed her because I had to hang out washing. Who would win a prize for the laziest, Rory or Tara? Joint first I think.

Bella I hope that all is well in sunny Malta.

Agus Mon 14-Jul-14 12:06:22

That sounds like a great day Soop and a lovely surprise for your son. Pleased it all went smoothly for you

My apologies to all for tampering with things I know nothing about and causing chaos in the kitchen. Proves I am still a learner and I promise not to touch anymore buttons blush

I hope your cat turns up safe and sound soon Alie

whenim64 Mon 14-Jul-14 12:33:02

Wow, soop aren't you two alike? Glad it was a successful treat smile

dustyangel Mon 14-Jul-14 13:05:14

My goodness I wish you lot would say still. grin I've just collected the Portuguese champagne that I left at the lodge. I should have popped in earlier to say I thought lodgers was a good name but then I think soopers is a good name for all of us as well, after all we are aren't we. wink
After the first few posts it doesn't matter as long as everyone who wants to can us.

soop I wondered why one bottle was missing. wink
I'm glad you had such a good time.

AlieOyou have been having a horrible few days. When one of our elderly cars went missing years ago the vet told us that sometimes a sick animal will try to get as close to nature as possible and will curl up under a hedge and just go to sleep and not wake up. sad sad

dustyangel Mon 14-Jul-14 13:06:33

can find us.

soop Mon 14-Jul-14 13:10:51

Hic! wink

soop Mon 14-Jul-14 13:11:43

AlieO Please keep us updated. flowers

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion