Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(14 Posts)
12Michael Fri 29-Aug-14 06:41:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Blue sky out there but feels a little autumn in chill air.
Mick

berdie Fri 29-Aug-14 07:07:31

Morning all, starting to brighten up here in Bradford. GGD coming today so looking forward to that. Have a good day.smile

kittylester Fri 29-Aug-14 07:19:14

Good morning!

It's a bit overcast here in North Leicestershire but we are promised some sun later!

I have a lovely day planned. DGS1 (aged 7) and I are going on a historical tour of Derbyshire. He lives in Derby and I was born there and also did most of my growing up there. He is really interested in my family history so we are going to see my old homes and schools, where my parents and grandparents lived and worked. Slightly worrying that he sees my young life as 'historical' - I'm not that old really! Though, after yesterday, I feel it! grin

Enjoy your days everyone sunshine

NfkDumpling Fri 29-Aug-14 07:21:36

A brilliant sunny morning and not a cloud in the sky!

I keep looking outside for the little hedgehog that's been bumbling around the garden the last couple of days. It seems awfully small to me, but it's still August so there's time to fatten him up.

Have a lovely day Everyone.

Brendawymms Fri 29-Aug-14 07:35:16

Good morning all. The weather lady on the TV has just said it will be a dry start. At the same time having very heavy rain outside. Blue sky at the moment outside.
Had the YAG on my right eye yesterday and although sore everything is a lot brighter and clearer. Lovely.

PRINTMISS Fri 29-Aug-14 07:37:02

Good morning all, a little uncertain here at the moment, weather-wise, but a promise of a good day, so fingers crossed. The washing has been on the line over-night, it got wet whilst we were out yesterday, and I forgot to bring it in! Off to a funeral at lunch time, one of our bowls club members who had been quite poorly on and off for a couple of years. A sad time for his family. Enjoy your days.

hildajenniJ Fri 29-Aug-14 08:44:11

Very dull and rainy start in Northumberland, occasionally a thin watery sun tries and fails to break through. Another heavy shower has just begun as I sit here. DH and I were planning to visit a garden today but if it keeps on raining I think we'll stay at home. This garden visit has been rained off for the last two Friday's. the flowers will be past their best by the time we get there. Never mind, have a lovely day everyone. sunshine hopefully!

suebailey1 Fri 29-Aug-14 08:58:24

Sounds like a good day kittylester have a lovely time. Breast screening for me today- be good to get that over - cant get used to getting my boobs out in Tesco's car park I mean really..... Waitrose or Sainsbury please! smile.

Nytsom Fri 29-Aug-14 09:23:59

Good Morning.

Wet start to the day here in South Wales; although the sun is trying to push through the clouds. Got the shopping done early this morning; didn't notice a BOOB Screaning Van at our Tesco car park; probably parked at Aldi's car park?grin

Hope everyone has a good day! smile

Lona Fri 29-Aug-14 09:26:44

sue grin you hussy!!

Dull here with rain forecast, but supposed to buck up tomorrow. I hope so as a friend is coming to stay this evening until Sunday.

At least I had a good nights sleep! Hurrah!

Enjoy your day kitty sunshine

Galen Fri 29-Aug-14 10:21:14

Rain. I counted 34 ocado acknowledge ents on my email. They obviously haven't fixed the problem.

dustyangel Fri 29-Aug-14 11:30:06

Good morning all, a bit cloudy earlier but the clouds have all blown away now and it is sunny and warm again.

It has been very hot the last few days and I have been feeling lousy, I put it down to the heat but with one constantly watering eye and pain in that side of my face I thought it might be a sinus problem developing and went to the doctors' last night. I possibly/probably have shingles in my eye. sad

NfkDumpling Fri 29-Aug-14 11:35:08

Shingles in your eye? Oh,Dusty that sounds horrible! I do hope it clears up soon.(wine to dull the pain)

dustyangel Fri 29-Aug-14 19:03:39

Thanks Nfk It's not bad all the time but when it is bad I'm sure the diagnosis is right. I've got antiviral eye cream and tablets so hopefully it has been caught early enough to be a mild attack.
I have allowed myself a G & T. For the pain of course wink