Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(20 Posts)
Grannyknot Sat 30-Aug-14 07:01:18

Cooee Michael, where are you?

Dull and overcast in SW London but who cares when you have a 'duvet day' ahead if you? smile

12Michael Sat 30-Aug-14 07:05:18

Good Morning Everyone,
its cloudy but dry here in Brackley this morning, got up had a shower , dressed took my pills, and put on the computer.
Mick

whitewave Sat 30-Aug-14 07:06:16

Hectic day yesterday - so quieter one today. DH collapsed and taken into hospital - pneumonia!! Got from laying with a bad back.

Empty house - son has the dog.

PRINTMISS Sat 30-Aug-14 07:47:25

Good morning, and Oh! dear! whitewave what a worry for you, an empty house too, my thoughts are with you, and I hope all turns out well. We have a really dreary morning here, and I think for the past few mornings I have been saying that a brighter day is promised, which hasn't happened, so I am not so sure what the weather will be like, but we are off out with friends fro lunch, so something to look forward to. Take care whitewave and enjoy your days everyone.

Brendawymms Sat 30-Aug-14 07:53:30

Morning everyone. Dull at the moment in East Sussex. Started reading a new book last night and was still reading it at 2 this morning. Could not put it down.
Family coming today to leave their elderly dog here and they will have their evening meal here tonight,
I am amazed by my YAG treatment on Thursday my eye sight is so much better I can't believe it. Wish I had it done months ago. The sight seems better than my 'good ' eye. Hope it lasts.
Have a great day everyone.

Grannyknot Sat 30-Aug-14 07:58:05

Brendawhat book is that?! Do tell. whitewave what a scare, hope he is on the mend already.

Morning everyone smile

NfkDumpling Sat 30-Aug-14 08:03:24

What's YAG test? I was going to ask yesterday but didn't want to seem ignorant - today curiosity has got the better of me!

Fine, sunny with a gently breeze here. Although it's supposed to cloud over soon.

Hope your DH has a speedy recovery Whitewave and he comes home soon fit and well. (Perhaps they'll sort his back out too while he's there.)

Have a Super Saturday Everyone.

whitewave Sat 30-Aug-14 08:10:06

Thanks everyone! Had to leave him in A&E as no beds so hopefully will find him in a ward today! So busy. We were so surprised with the diagnosis as I really thought that his collapse was a repeat of his heart problem it seemed identical in nature - just shows what I know! Felt like a wet rag by the end of the day and didn't sleep very well - hope for a better night tonight
.DH is quite cheerful as I think he feels that perhaps they will help with his back as it is a long term problem which has never been really addressed apart from hefty drugs, which I am never happy about. So fingers crossed.

ninathenana Sat 30-Aug-14 08:13:45

Morning all.
We've just had a two minute shower here in N. Kent. Still cloudy but forecast says sunny periods.
DH came home last night after his operation smile he's been I the spare room for weeks since he had the problem. Got to get used to sharing the king sized bed again.
Whitewave hope DH is soon recovered.

kittylester Sat 30-Aug-14 08:22:30

Morning all!

Greyish here in North Leicestershire!

Crumbs, whitewave, what a day! flowers I hope your DH is home soon!

Icyalittle Sat 30-Aug-14 09:05:23

Brenda Is this the YAG you mean en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nd:YAG_laser That sounds so brave. Very high cloud cover in North Wilts, perhaps promising to brighten. Hope so, the garden is a jungle again, and needs a machete.

Icyalittle Sat 30-Aug-14 09:06:11

whitewave flowers

Agus Sat 30-Aug-14 09:17:39

Morning everyone.

Torrential rain yesterday, pity the sunshine didn't last a bit longer! Dry today, but very windy.

What a frightening day for you and DH whitewave. Hopefully he will be treated for his back problem too.

How inconsiderate of your DH expecting to share your king size bedgrin.
Joking aside, I hope he makes a speedy recovery after his op nina

hildajenniJ Sat 30-Aug-14 09:36:15

Good morning all,

Lovely sunny morning in Northumberland. No excitement here, just the same old thing. whitewave hope your DH makes a speedy recovery. Hve a good day all.

Lona Sat 30-Aug-14 10:26:23

Wet good morning from Cheshire, but it's supposed to cheer up soon! hmm

whitewave flowers Hope dh is better soon, look after yourself too.

nina Glad to hear that your dh is home sunshine

Have a good weekend all.

henetha Sat 30-Aug-14 10:43:04

So sorry whitewave. That puts my problems in perspective.
Sunshine with a few clouds here, a nice day forecast. Trying to make a decision about whether or not to look for a gardener. Back problems gone up a notch and I think the time has come... confused

Galen Sat 30-Aug-14 10:47:32

Whitewave sorry to hear about your husband. The perceived wisdom with a bad back is to keep moving, not lie still.
Mixed weather here. Some sun, some cloud. Definitely cloudy over those foreigners across the Bristol Channel.grin

dustyangel Sat 30-Aug-14 12:59:36

Good afternoon everyone, feeling a bit better today after a long lie in.
Brenda my sympathies for anyone with eye problems has tripled over the last few days. You are indeed brave and I'm glad you are feeling better. I laughed when I saw Grannynot's question as that was my first thought too.
whitewave flowers Pneumonia is one of those things that still sounds so scary isn't it? I hope your DH is feeling better soon.
Glad you DH is home safely nina. I've been thinking about zip and link beds when we buy a new one. wink

Oh, the weather is fine and sunny again. We haven't closed the doors and shutters yet and if you move near them you can feel the heat coming in.

Brendawymms Sat 30-Aug-14 13:59:30

Hi all
YAG. If you have cataracts treated they put the replacement lens in the eyes lens capsule. After some time the lens capsule becomes very cloudy, like a second cataract. It is treated with a laser that makes a small hole in the back of the capsule to give clear vision again. The treatment is called YAG, as it's something to do with the type of laser used. In my case it's not totally better as I have Micropsia. (Everything is smaller and distorted) due to. Macula off retinal detachment last year.

NfkDumpling Sat 30-Aug-14 18:28:20

Thanks Brenda. I looked at Icy's link - but couldn't understand a word! Glad you're seeing better again. Sight is just so important.