Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(23 Posts)
12Michael Tue 02-Sep-14 06:47:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Some blue sky but cloudy here in Brackley , off to Banbury later to a coffee morning in a pub.
Mick

Elizabeth1 Tue 02-Sep-14 07:00:24

Good morning 12Michael and all. That's me wakened after a really good sleep without any pit stops. I'm off to my uncles funeral today and the best bit will be to see my family and many long distance cousins. Here's a glass to my uncle wine

PRINTMISS Tue 02-Sep-14 07:26:21

Good morning to you all, hopeful for a nice day today, yesterday turned out to be drizzly wet nearly all day. Hope you feel better Lona (hope I have that right!). Off for a bowls roll up this morning, looking forward to that, always good for a laugh and chat. Enjoy your days.

Brendawymms Tue 02-Sep-14 08:04:54

Good morning from East Sussex. DGD birthday today so we will be visiting for cake.
Overcast today but quite warm already.
Have a great day everyone..

Nytsom Tue 02-Sep-14 08:09:53

Morning Playmates,

Sun is out the sky is blue; there's not a cloud to spoil the view; well, you remember how the rest of the song goes. But, it's shaping up to be a nice day weatherwise. Hope everyone has a really good day..

Charleygirl Tue 02-Sep-14 08:23:48

A lovely day here in NW London- as Nytsom said the sun is out etc.

kittylester Tue 02-Sep-14 08:24:37

Good morning from a bright sunny north Leicestershire.

Shoe shopping today - I need new brown boots!

hildajenniJ Tue 02-Sep-14 09:09:30

Good morning one and all.

A lovely sunny start to the day in Northumberland. Hope it lasts all week. I've started the 5:2 diet this morning with a bowl of fresh pineapple and grapefruit. DH is going to try it with me as we could both do with losing a stone in weight. (Him more like 2 stones).Wish us luck. grin

besottedgran Tue 02-Sep-14 09:10:24

Hello from cloudy Fife!!

Enjoy today Elizabeth 1 --( if anyone can enjoy a funeral)

And yes of course it's good to see family again.

I always take my camera but it's not always appropriate to whip it out and capture the last remnants of the family!!

NfkDumpling Tue 02-Sep-14 09:25:07

A beautiful morning here too. (I'm sure it'll soon clear in Fife)

I'm off to stand in a darkened room at our local NT pile. Days like this I'm tempted to change to a garden volunteer.

Have a lovely day everyone - and a good funeral Elizabeth. It's lovely to see the relatives. We try to arrange annual un-funeral get-togethers and you've reminded me we'd said we'd do one this autumn. Mind starting to think around pumpkins. Is pumpkin pie nice? I've never fancied it.

suebailey1 Tue 02-Sep-14 09:28:52

morning each. nice and sunny here kittylester I need boots too but black one my brown ones are lovely (Duo Boots) but the prices are horrendous and I have chunky calves so hard to buy for. Fosse park for winter woollies today.

Nonu Tue 02-Sep-14 09:32:13

Good morning Mick et al ,a pretty start to the day here in Suffolk, more to come I believe thanks !

Happy day to you

sunshine

annodomini Tue 02-Sep-14 09:32:57

Good morning all. sunshine here in NE Cheshire. Wilmslow got the sun yesterday but only a few miles away, we didn't! Much better today. Lona, I hope all is well with you.

Lona Tue 02-Sep-14 09:44:48

Morning all, and thanks PRINTMISS and anno, ongoing stress takes it's toll, but you have to get on with it don't you? sunshine

Should be a lovely day today, and I'm going out with a friend so that will be uplifting.

Enjoy this weather while we can smile

AlieOxon Tue 02-Sep-14 09:47:40

Mornin' all.
Turned out sunny here, gardener says he's coming - and I may get that table down the road!

nannotgran Tue 02-Sep-14 09:50:12

Cloudy in north essex this morning but it started sunny yesterday and then poured of rain all day.Idont want any more rain for a while I have to much to do in the garden

ninathenana Tue 02-Sep-14 10:05:53

Morning all.
Cloudy but warm start in N.Kent. Think the sun will show it's face soon though.
. Elizabeth hope it all goes ok today, enjoy your time with family.

kittylester Tue 02-Sep-14 10:07:49

Might see you there sue! smile

jamsidedown Tue 02-Sep-14 10:28:17

Good morning everyone fron a sunny blue day in Petersfield. HildajenniJ good luck with the 5:2, and your first fast day. I have been doing the 5:2 for three months and have lost a stone, it really works. I am on a fast day too today. Fast days become easier the more you do them. Hope it goes well for you.

rubysong Tue 02-Sep-14 11:29:47

Morning everyone. It's glorious here in E Cornwall. DH out for most of the day so I will be in the garden. I have a lot of pelargoniums in the ground so I'll lift and pot them ready to move under cover.

whitewave Tue 02-Sep-14 15:34:01

Bit late I know but need to blow up a bit!!

DH and I have had words!!! Think the stress is showing with his pneumonia and back. Silence does reign at the moment, I shall huff out with the dog in a minute and no doubt when I come back a truce will be called. Marriage eh!

kittylester Tue 02-Sep-14 15:52:43

whitewave flowers

AlieOxon Tue 02-Sep-14 16:18:04

Gardener didn't make it - but I got the table. Rather battered, round, glass top in one piece, metal frame needs derusting and painting - it's blue but it will be green. Great recycling!