Gransnet forums

Chat

A happy thread

(134 Posts)
soontobe Fri 26-Jun-15 19:15:47

For all things happy!

There seems to be so many non happy things happening lately.

So this is a happy thread.

I bought a gift for someone today, which I think he will like.

Anyone else?

joannapiano Fri 26-Jun-15 19:23:24

We had a lovely walk in the park this morning with littlest DGDs aged 1 and 2. Both had pretty yellow dresses on that I bought them recently.

soontobe Fri 26-Jun-15 19:28:52

Aw. That sounds really lovely.

Teetime Fri 26-Jun-15 19:36:42

Hooray some happiness - swallows all over us on the golf course today- love watching them swoop and dive. smile

petallus Fri 26-Jun-15 20:00:44

Strolling in the sun in St Albans today feeling unusually relaxed and carrying a bag containing a bargain from the Jigsaw sale.

soontobe Fri 26-Jun-15 20:09:10

Do the swallows swoop and dive in the same places each time?
I see some birds[dont know which sort] that seem to swoop in a certain place which I assume is a nice air current for them?

Oh, a bargain. I havent bought clothes for a while as I currently have enough.
But bargains are great when you find something nice or what you are looking for. smile

Bellanonna Fri 26-Jun-15 21:05:14

Yes soon I bought some little things for the grandchildren. On holiday in Northunberland, such a lovely area. The sun is shining at the moment as we look across Coquetdale and are happy to have had a lovely week here. I got little sundresses for the two girls, 3 and 1, and a macho T shirt for the little boy, who is 2. Lots of swallows swooping all around us,and at the moment two hares munching in the garden. Thanks for your happy thread.

annodomini Fri 26-Jun-15 21:05:57

Garden full of greenfinches. Five on my peanut feeder at one time! I could watch them for hours except when I have to chase away the marauding squirrel!

Bellanonna Fri 26-Jun-15 21:07:06

Soon I think they swoop and dive wherever the insects are. That's what they come all the way from Africa for.

Quiltinggran Fri 26-Jun-15 21:34:10

I went to the Kaffe Fassett exhibition at the Quilt Museum in York last weekend. The designs and especially the colours made my heart sing. And then I went to a concert in the evening where the delightful (eighty years young) Peggy Seeger sang beautifully and even had me singing for real! and all this in one of my favourite cities in England and in the best of company. smile

Grannyknot Fri 26-Jun-15 21:40:05

A video of my 11 month old grandson taking his first wobbly crawl.

janerowena Fri 26-Jun-15 21:56:59

DBH is ill, a florist delivered a beautiful large pot plant for him from his work colleagues today. It made him smile.

soontobe Fri 26-Jun-15 22:08:19

All these lovely things!

I am not sure I have ever seen a greenfinch.
I have certainly never been to a Quilt Museum. Sounds interesting.

And I dont have grandchildren yet. I like toy shops, but now realise that I have forgotten the lovely childrens' clothes stores.

I do remember the crawling. A lovely time.

Sorry about your husband janerowena.
I happened to have to spend a while in a certain supermarket today. I was amazed at how many flowers were bought in a short space of time.

soontobe Fri 26-Jun-15 22:10:36

Beginning to realise that this thread reminds me of Soops Kitchen.
I can assure people that this thread is a one off. I just thought that there is a lot of non happy stuff at the moment, and a happy thread would be nice.

granjura Fri 26-Jun-15 22:49:37

the marsh fileds going to our nearby French town were covered with masses of blue and white Jacob's ladder flowers (polemonium) such a sight, with red kites soaring above in the sunshine- and the sweet smell of freshly cut hay -wonderful

Judthepud2 Fri 26-Jun-15 23:29:04

Making 'birds' nests' for my 2 DGSs tonight when tucking them into bed. DGS1 saying he feels safe and happy when I do that for him. He is 8 and his young life is a bit difficult at the moment.

And today was the first day it has felt really warm here this year! sunshine

Such a lovely thread at the end of such a day filled with ugliness and violence!

rubysong Fri 26-Jun-15 23:54:30

Pottering about in the garden and pruning the polytunnel grapevine which has masses of bunches of grapes growing bigger every day.

Lapwing Sat 27-Jun-15 06:14:26

The smell of fresh cut grass, the sight of young gold finches being fed by mum and dad.

Liz46 Sat 27-Jun-15 06:49:35

I spent some time on Thursday trawling round the shops trying to find a fairly plain white blouse but for some strange reason there just weren't any. I was in a charity shop yesterday, working as a volunteer and as I tidied up I came across two immaculate, white M&S blouses in my size!

Sewsilver Sat 27-Jun-15 07:29:25

I moved into my house three weeks ago and yesterday my furniture came to join me. What a joyous day.

Lona Sat 27-Jun-15 08:06:35

Sewsilver That's great, you must be delighted! sunshine

petallus Sat 27-Jun-15 08:30:32

It's the start of a lovely early Summer's day. The house is peaceful. I am all ready to go out with DH and have volunteered to do the driving.
smile

Bellanonna Sat 27-Jun-15 08:40:27

I'm driving South to the yorkshire dales this morning for a stopover on the way back home. It's a beautiful,morning. The birds are singing, the sun is shining, the sheep,are bleating all around us and the hedgerows are stunning.

nannieroz111 Sat 27-Jun-15 08:42:54

sewsilver glad to see you're back home. Hope things are turning out just as you wanted. sunshine

annsixty Sat 27-Jun-15 09:15:40

What a good thing for you Sewsilver Home at last. I wish you happy times ahead.