Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's Kindly Kitcheners

(1001 Posts)
soop Mon 07-Sep-15 16:28:12

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cupcake flowers wine sunshine smile

soop Mon 05-Oct-15 17:27:13

loopylou grin

I'm willing to bet that Elegran can tell us the meaning of that particular saying. She's awfully bright. wink

number The hole in the ground in Crete was about the size of a volcanic crater. Don't ask...it was one of the most unladylike episodes in my entire life. blush

Tomorrow is visit to the care home day. I shall pop in as usual around lunchtime.

moon x

kittylester Tue 06-Oct-15 10:24:57

I've just come in for some TLC. The Idiot is being a complete and utter a******e again and I've had DD on the phone alternating between crying and raging. Then my DN rang to complain about her exhusband and to ask me to go to court with her again. I feel like a piece of chewed string! The man is here cleaning the carpets (YIPPEE) but I can't do anything as the house is upside down. I think I might go and try the GF brownie recipe that I found and, probably, eat the lot!!

On the subject of loos, DD2 locked herself in the loo at the Pompidou Centre when she was about 4. Strange how every French word we ever knew vanished as a 4 year old screamed blue murder. And, of course, one of my claims to fame is using a Japanese toilet on the bullet train travelling at what seemed like a million miles an hour! grin

Lona Tue 06-Oct-15 11:26:49

kitty flowers it never ends does it?

kittylester Tue 06-Oct-15 11:30:18

Nope Lona - I suspect you need some TLC too? flowers

soop Tue 06-Oct-15 13:17:32

So sorry kitty to hear that your life continues to be blighted by that man. You are a good, kind lady. You are therefore going to be in the front line whenever stuff gets tough and people need support. I'll help you eat the brownies. I shall make a brew and sit you down to watch the waves lap the shore on a bright and breezy day in Kintyre. flowers

I've been singing 'Donald where's yer troosers' with the Care Home four. The words and the tune were not necessarily in the right order. However, it was fun grin

Luckygirl Tue 06-Oct-15 13:27:30

Sorry to hear about the idiot kitty - sigh.

On loo stories, I one nipped into a ditch at the side of a German dual carriageway, thinking I was out of sight. I had not banked on coaches, which of course are much taller -I will never forget the German male passengers all lifting their hats to me with my drawers round my ankles!

annodomini Tue 06-Oct-15 13:40:46

In the mountains of Kenya, I needed to find a 'comfort station' but couldn't go another 70miles, and didn't fancy going behind a bush - you never knew what might be lurking there; so I sqatted behind my VW Beetle, got too close to the tail pipe and branded myself very neatly on the backside. Have I told that one before? If I have, apologies!

Nelliemoser Tue 06-Oct-15 13:44:17

Anno grin

Crafting Tue 06-Oct-15 14:24:46

Anno grin hope you didn't have to visit the hospital and explain how you got burnt.
kitty flowers sorry the idiot is causing more sorrow to your DD. Oooh look, soop has dropped some brownie crumbs on your clean carpet! Please make another batch for me and I will be very tidy #polishingmyhalo grin

soop Tue 06-Oct-15 14:43:07

Luckygirl and anno I am amused. grin

Crafting Are you implying that I'm messy? Dead right...I am. wink

Having been out all morning, I feel that I should flick a wee duster and possibly do some ironing. I have what is called "a work ethic"...only it only surfaces on the odd occasion. wink

Luckygirl Tue 06-Oct-15 15:13:33

I have a real work ethic for everything except housework!

soop Tue 06-Oct-15 16:33:06

grin

Well, that's enough housework for today. Ironing done and house swept and dusted. Now for a well earned brew...sadly no cupcake. When will our bags replenish the stock of flapjacks? Make it soon, bags...make it soon. wink

Nelliemoser Tue 06-Oct-15 16:45:15

I haven't done much today. I think I have a lurgy I am ok as long as I sit still. I will drink the tea and eat the goodies. Sore throat and headachey.

annodomini Tue 06-Oct-15 17:23:45

Poor you, Nellie. Hope you feel better tomorrow. Dose yourself up and keep warm. x

soop Tue 06-Oct-15 17:28:09

Nellie hmm you are about to come down with something that is doing the rounds, so to speak. Feet up...keep warm...plenty of fluids and take things easy. Us lot would like to be updated. Gentle (((hugs))) x

kittylester Tue 06-Oct-15 17:47:51

The carpet in soop's kitchen is not my concern grin My house smells like a wet dog currently but the nice man says it will all be better tomorrow. He's coming back then to make different bits of the house smell like wet dog. grin

Poor you Nellie - look after yourself! brew

I promise to make the brownies before I come in tomorrow and to bring lots in here.

kittylester Wed 07-Oct-15 13:41:33

I'm just dashing in to leave these nutella brownies for you to taste. They are not really like brownies as they are fairly flat but they are very moreish. I've only eaten 4 up to now. blush Please eat them for me!

The carpet cleaning man has gone and we have fabulous looking carpets and sofas and I've been to the library with some more secondhand books for the sale. I had, however, forgotten that TV cameras were going to be there getting an update on the Community's take over of the library. Had I remembered that I would not have gone out in my leggings, scruffy top, flat shoes and with no makeup! blushblush

janerowena Wed 07-Oct-15 14:02:11

grin You must be feeling exactly like my lady vicar friend - her congregation threw her a wonderful birthday party as a surprise. Of course they were all dressed up but she was in gardening scruffs under her surplice!

soop Wed 07-Oct-15 14:36:19

kitty Only four nutellas wink I could easily help you out by munching on a couple right this minute.

Don't ever worry about what people "think." You are perfectly fine being comfortable and natural and, if you so wish, "unadorned".
I like janer's story about her friend wearing gardening stuff under her surplice.
I would sooner not be given such a surprise. To anticipate and prepare oneself for a special occasion, is part and parcel of the experience.

Rory is behaving strangely. Over the past week or so he's been sleeping in the oddest places. He seems less interested in food. He still wants to be close to MacSporran but he's in no hurry to follow him around the garden. He is an elderly cat (according to the vet)...perhaps we have to accept that he is entitled to slow down...

soop Wed 07-Oct-15 16:43:04

We have just heard that MacSporran's sister, nephew and niece would like to meet up with us in Glasgow before they head back to Australia. We thought that if we met and stayed overnight in a hotel, we could all relax, enjoy a leisurely meal and glass of wine. It would be a wee break for us. Also, as MacS's 75th birthday is looming (early November) we could make it a double celebration. smile

soop Wed 07-Oct-15 16:46:24

The sun has shone all day through. It really is the perfect autumn day. I'm going to have a wee check up with the doc tomorrow. An early appointment. I shall call into the kitchen to catch up with you lot just as soon as I return.

moon

annodomini Wed 07-Oct-15 16:56:20

That sounds like a nice wee party for you all, soop. MacS, my almost-twin, deserves a birthday celebration after the year you've both had.

Charleygirl Wed 07-Oct-15 17:04:01

That sounds like a very good idea soop. I am a bit worried about Rory, especially if he is going off his food.

Maybe you can explain what this sun thing is to those of us living in and around London. I will not need to water plants any time soon.

Nelliemoser Wed 07-Oct-15 17:17:27

I hardly dare post on here. I have just made two posts on *phoenix's" (A challenge for you.) A search for a march tune without properly reading what she had wrote.

I blame the flu jab party I have just been to.

loopylou Wed 07-Oct-15 20:33:11

Have a cuppa Nellie, put your feet up and I'll dig out some biscuits from somewhere-I brought back Grasmere Shortbread but can't find where I put it....

sunshine soop? What's that? I'm getting webbed feet here hmm
Sounds like a lovely break for you looming, very well deserved. Poor Rory sounds a bit under the weather, I hope it's a temporary blip for the wee man.....

I work with a vicar's wife, she confesses to her DH wearing shorts under his surplice when it's warm, and tying a hot water bottle around his middle when it's cold!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion