Gransnet forums

Chat

stop the sag

(28 Posts)
fleegle Wed 30-Sep-15 17:41:03

I am feeling a bit depressed - I have kept myself in (fairly) good shape but now everything seems to be heading south and I am damned if I can do a thing about it. Please give me advice or at lest reassurance that it's not just me sad

Anne58 Wed 30-Sep-15 17:47:59

As I have spent most of my life with practically no bosoms (apart from the joyous moment of waking up a couple of days after each of the boys were born, to find that the boob fairy had been in the night, and no longer did my arm just fall to my side as I rolled over grin ), I have for some years been utterly convinced that my buttocks are hell bent on introducing themselves to the backs of my knees. confused blush

shysal Wed 30-Sep-15 17:58:21

Unfortunately it seems to be more of a problem for those who are slim. I have some excess weight, so things have not decended too much. I also exercise, so the muscles are firm beneath the blubber! If you are underweight, putting on a few pounds or a bit of muscle might not do you any harm, but increase your confidence. Remember the old days of pec, squeezes to the chant 'I must I must improve my bust'? grin

janeainsworth Wed 30-Sep-15 18:32:25

Do you remember this Shysal

I know someone called Mark Eden shockgrin

absentgrandma Wed 30-Sep-15 19:07:33

Off thread alert.... sorry about that, but the Mark Eden boob-enhancing ad. reminded me of the 'sauna pants' adverts which were around at about
the same time. I've tried to post a link to the advert, but my iPad don't wanna do it. They were farcical, inflatable and supposed to knock 9 inches off your thighs . And yes, dear friends.... I fell for it!
After several hours of inflating, and doing housework like a good Stepford Wife as per the instructions (well they didn't mention the Stepford bit as I don't think the movie had been made then) the result was a lot of weird plastic squeaking,sweaty thighs and not a millimetre off the thighs. Thank God the OH was at work! somehow I managed to squeeze them back into the box they came in (reminiscent of Del and Rodney Trotter with the inflatable dolls), and return them. Amazingly I got my money back , and thankfully the OH never found out, or I'd never have heard the end of it.

midgey Wed 30-Sep-15 19:14:01

I found a birthday card describing this.... It's called "furniture disease' your chest falls into your drawers!

janeainsworth Wed 30-Sep-15 19:27:02

I'd forgotten all about those thigh things absentgrandma grin

Lona Wed 30-Sep-15 19:58:37

I remember that Mark Eden bust developer, and reading down that link he/they also made Vacu-Pants, which is possibly what you tried absentgrandma grin

Coolgran65 Wed 30-Sep-15 20:02:55

I can remember the day I was brushing my teeth vigorously and felt something fleetingly touch the back of my thigh. It was my buttock confused

shysal Wed 30-Sep-15 20:19:33

coolgrangrin

loopylou Wed 30-Sep-15 21:09:18

grin
Having never been anywhere near what I would call 'slim' I try to convince myself that I'm reasonably well fit and well-rounded (physically at least!)
Hopefully I won't get osteoporotic and so long as I take off my glasses when I look in the mirror, then I think I look relatively ok for my age....

hildajenniJ Thu 01-Oct-15 08:45:26

My grandmother used to say that when a woman reaches a certain age, she needs a bit of weight about her. Well, I took her advice. Any flag that accompanies it I am trying to ignore. That's all I'm saying!

hildajenniJ Thu 01-Oct-15 08:46:01

Flab (silly hudl)

Anya Thu 01-Oct-15 08:51:18

Why should a woman of a 'certain age' need a bit of weight around her?

It's just a fallacy put about by 'fat bottomed girls'

Maggiemaybe Thu 01-Oct-15 09:02:06

I think it's probably a variation of my friend's mantra about the certain age, Anya - "You widen or you wizen". grin

Teetime Thu 01-Oct-15 09:34:28

Some time ago my neck slid onto my chest like cold custard when it then dried up and now looks like an old leather handbag (too much sun on the golf course) no you are not alone! smile

janeainsworth Thu 01-Oct-15 12:04:05

Our Zumba teacher said this morning as we were all gyrating to a Bollybhangra tune, 'Don't worry about your wobbly bits! They're meant to wobble!'
grin

Judthepud2 Thu 01-Oct-15 20:36:01

Having been underweight all my life, I am wondering where the tummy came from all of a sudden! And it seems to be inflating shock

Add that to the surprising sprouting of hairs on my chin......

No solution for you fleegle but you aren't alone!

Jaxie Fri 02-Oct-15 11:47:27

I's the bubble wrap celulite thigh contours that embarrass me. The collagen has evidently failed. One of my sons says under his breath, " Put 'em away Mrs." When he spots crones exposing their breasts in low- cut dresses, and I have to agree. Unless you're Helen Mirren, who hasn't had her body wrecked by child- bearing, you can't do old AND sexy. It's sad, but only if you think your beautiful body is your only stock on trade. I enjoy making people laugh, when I get the chance, and value their response more than I would one of admiration ( probably tinged with envy) for my body.

Anya Fri 02-Oct-15 13:15:51

Do you really think Helen Mirren can do 'old and sexy' Jaxie?

Is it just me who finds the advert where, dressed in a black leather jacket she ogles a young man, cringe-worthy? hmm

janeainsworth Fri 02-Oct-15 16:32:40

I'm not sure anyone can do old and sexy, Anya.
Old and stylish, yes, old and elegant, certainly.
I'm not sure I ever wanted to look sexy anyway.

janeainsworth Fri 02-Oct-15 16:41:41

I was happy as long as my bum didn't look too big in whatever I had onconfused

Anya Fri 02-Oct-15 16:45:09

Totally agree JaneA

I'd even add old and eccentric!

Ana Fri 02-Oct-15 18:32:30

As long as that doesn't extend to wearing purple with a red hat...hmm

suzieq Fri 02-Oct-15 19:09:22

The Red Hat Society sounds great fun. An international movement dedicated to growing old playfully. We sat on a double decker bus on the Isle of Wight and watched members of one of the four "chapters" on the island gathering for some event. I thought I was seeing things as more and more women in flamboyant red hats and purple outfits appeared until I remembered the poem. Google British Red Hatters.