Gransnet forums

Chat

Post holiday lethargy!

(8 Posts)
Katek Mon 05-Oct-15 11:05:59

Just got back late Saturday from fab cruise and we are both so sleepy it's hard to get motivated to do anything! Managed to retrieve cats from cattery and unpack yesterday but that's it. Thought holidays were meant to recharge our batteries-feel like mine has drained!

Katek Mon 05-Oct-15 11:29:15

Don't suppose the route march through the airports helped...,...

ginny Mon 05-Oct-15 11:33:33

I know what you mean.

We felt exactly the same when we got back from our cruise. I think it must be because you relax so much. No cooking, cleaning, no arduous travelling in traffic, entertainment laid on and fabulous places to explore.

Don't worry you'll be back to reality and ready to book another holiday.

Judthepud2 Tue 06-Oct-15 00:28:45

I think it is the effect of the quantities of rich food you eat on board! I always come back at least half a stone heavier and crave beans on toast or a lightly boiled egg!! grin

Luckygirl Tue 06-Oct-15 08:42:19

Lie back and enjoy it - this is what a holiday is meant to do. You will be fully wired before you know it and the holiday forgotten - enjoy it while you may. smile

KatyK Tue 06-Oct-15 09:46:14

When my DD returned from her annual two weeks in the sun this year I asked her how it was. She said 'great but now I need to sleep'. confused

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 06-Oct-15 09:49:24

I feel lethargic after a four night short break in Wales. Or perhaps I just feel lethargic.

Katek Tue 06-Oct-15 10:02:36

Slightly more energised today insofar as I'm not yawning quite so much! On third cup of tea.....