Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Thu 18-Sep-14 07:07:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another grey start here this morning in Brackley.
Mick

kittylester Thu 18-Sep-14 07:17:30

Good morni g all!

Grey and drizzly in my bit of Leicestershire and I left washing out again last night! blush

The plan for today involves dropping my cleaner off at DS1's flat so she can blitz it! His PA is lovely but not terribly domesticated! While she is there, I'll rush round Sainsbury's .

Then, I'm baby sitting while DD3 goes to see a solicitor! sunshine

Enjoy your days everyone!

Nelliemoser Thu 18-Sep-14 07:45:06

Good Morning! It's very overcast in Cheshire right now. It might be just early mist.

NfkDumpling Thu 18-Sep-14 07:49:19

Very misty this morning, but the sun is there and promises a lovely day. Had hoped the painter might start on the outside of the house (having the walls done. The house is that pebble dashed stuff and the old grey is showing through the nice cream) but he hasn't been in touch so hopefully tomorrow.... !

Hope all goes well for DD3 Kitty

Have a happy day All.

sunshine

PRINTMISS Thu 18-Sep-14 07:49:23

Good morning everyone, - I remembered my washing at about 9 p.m. yesterday Kitty and fortunately it was dry. We are a little overcast here too Nellie but the sun is trying to break through, so perhaps another nice day is on the cards. We like to sit out in the garden at around 4 o'clock these days, when everything seems to be winding down. Enjoy your days.

Lona Thu 18-Sep-14 07:53:56

Good morning, it's dull at the moment but another hot day is forecast.
I'm taking my friend to Trentham gardens today, making the most of it.

kitty Light at the end of the tunnel! wink

Envious Thu 18-Sep-14 07:56:17

It's a cool morning here in Maastricht...had a little rain early in the morning I smell it in the air.looking out I see slight dampness.i hope the coolness stays ,it got quite warm yesterday.

Brendawymms Thu 18-Sep-14 08:09:16

Good morning from East sussex
It's grey and overcast here today and a lot of mist in the valley.
Spent too much time last night downloading IOS 8

Gagagran Thu 18-Sep-14 08:19:45

Morning all! It's breezy and cloudy here in SE Hampshire but the forecast is good.

Asthma has eased thankfully and I'm going on the supermarket run after we take DGS to school. His Mum is at a conference in Venice and his Dad has work commitments so we step into the breach.

Happy days everyone! sunshine

hildajenniJ Thu 18-Sep-14 09:07:13

Good morning all.

I'm back from Argyll and Bute, and have fallen out with Cal Mac ferries!!!

It's misty and damp in Northumberland this morning. DGC are having to take a packed lunch to school today as the kitchen where their dinners are made is closed as the school is being used as a Polling Station.

harrigran Thu 18-Sep-14 09:17:27

Good morning, foggy and damp. A day of shopping and other jobs before the car goes in for it's service tomorrow, that year flew over.

whitewave Thu 18-Sep-14 09:34:01

Started off another beautiful day but after walking for an hour it clouded over but not too cool still just wearing a short sleeved t-shirt. I can't believe how lovely it has been so far this September.

Nothing on the calender today so may do a bit of gardening - I am changing the beds and have some roses ordered.

annodomini Thu 18-Sep-14 09:38:27

Overcast in NE Cheshire, but it looks as if it will clear. Blood test this morning. Then I am going to the garden centre for some winter pansies.

Oldgreymare Thu 18-Sep-14 09:41:34

Mornin'All, hoping for the skies to clear.
Took a chance yesterday and drove to Burton Bradstock, it paid off! Sat in sunshine and read a book, glancing up now and then to watch the waves breaking, had a delicious shellfish chowder (even had lobster in it!) for lunch.

AlieOxon Thu 18-Sep-14 09:48:16

Mornin' all.
I want pansies too anno, I got some which almost died very quickly before I potted them! They are recovering but I think I will get more.

Catching up with stuff I haven't done (like clean, and water plants) over the last two days, one taken up with meeting family in Oxford, and staying until 7pm in the pub......no I don't drink, but wow did my sister! (And we talked a lot about family stuff in the past which was good.)

And yesterday I was a bit tired, so did nothing until my singing group in the aft, when I nearly lost my voice after all the talking the day before.....
So today is catchup.
Will text friend Mary when I have caught up!

whitewave Thu 18-Sep-14 11:29:50

It is now blue sky and sun, sun, sun and hot! hot! hot!

annodomini Thu 18-Sep-14 12:07:27

I did visit the garden centre and guess what was on the first display I saw? Flaming C****** cards hmm I nearly ran away but was very keen to get my hands on some pansies and violas. Bought more than I intended! Then I headed for Parkers' garden centre because they are huge bulb importers and have the best ever selection, at very attractive prices. Again, I bought more than I intended, but the pots will be colourful in the spring.