Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(24 Posts)
12Michael Fri 19-Sep-14 06:54:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey again , but notice the temperature's are dropping.
Mick

Thistledoo Fri 19-Sep-14 07:03:18

Good morning Everyone from a very foggy Scotland. Been up for hours watching the referendum results. Feeling very happy to still be a British citizen.

kittylester Fri 19-Sep-14 07:06:43

Good morning!

It's grey and drizzly here in Leicestershire too Mick but it is quite sticky!

Today I have to take DS1 for physio - 45 minutes each way for a thirty minute appointment. Then a trip to see mum!

I'm glad our Scottish friends are staying with us!

Enjoy your days everyone! sunshine

Charleygirl Fri 19-Sep-14 07:27:42

It appears to have been raining overnight in NW London. It is grey and murky now but not cold.

Brendawymms Fri 19-Sep-14 07:31:24

Very misty here in East Sussex. Also very warm.

NfkDumpling Fri 19-Sep-14 08:00:14

Ver misty. Very warm. Very humid.

I think we may get a storm later. The garden will appreciate a bit of wet but our house painters (who did turn up yesterday) won't.

Have a lovely day All.

PRINTMISS Fri 19-Sep-14 08:16:23

Good morning all, rain overnight here, badly needed, and it is very humid and dull at the moment, so probably no gardening for me today. My daughter and family are off on holiday today, should have gone last week but she had a sickness bug which knocked her off her feet - she is rarely ill, so they had to cancel and re-schedule, it was rather fortunate in a way, because their daughter (my grand-daughter of course) had a break up with her long standing boy-friend and is desperately upset - they have managed to book her into the holiday with them, so they are all off for a rest. Enjoy your days.

ninathenana Fri 19-Sep-14 08:23:40

Morning all.

Thunderstorm in the night here short lived but torrential rain. It's now trying to brighten. Still pleasantly warm.

suebailey1 Fri 19-Sep-14 08:59:16

Morning all - kitty it is strangely sticky here too but murky although brightening.

the weekend starts here folks!smile

henetha Fri 19-Sep-14 08:59:58

Thunder woke me at 5 am, so got up and watched referendum results.
Still muggy and mild here. And I'm tired.....
Glad U.K. intact though.

Gagagran Fri 19-Sep-14 09:03:34

Morning everyone. Humid and overcast at present though forecast to brighten later.

Hope it does as I'm off on the paddle steamer "Waverley" from Portsmouth to the Isle of Wight and back.

Happy days all! sunshine

ninathenana Fri 19-Sep-14 09:05:46

envy Gaga have a good day

Lona Fri 19-Sep-14 09:12:51

Good morning all, it's a lovely sunny start here. We've had glorious weather all week, such a bonus!

Gaga I spent many happy days on the Waverley when I was a young girl on holiday in Dunoon. envy Enjoy yourself!

sunshine

hildajenniJ Fri 19-Sep-14 09:20:13

Good morning all. It's overcast and drizzling in Northumberland, still very humid. Glad Scotland voted to stay in UK.

whitewave Fri 19-Sep-14 10:00:20

Sun has now broken through after a very foggy and humid start to the day. Very warm again.

Galen Fri 19-Sep-14 10:26:03

What a night! Thunder and lightning and torrential rain. Gave up sleeping and listened to the results instead.
Thank heavens I've got up in the UK

Galen Fri 19-Sep-14 10:28:08

Saw the Waverley steaming past my window a few weeks ago in bright sunshine. She looked lovely

dustyangel Fri 19-Sep-14 11:06:59

Good morning all, torrential rain in the night but the sun is trying to creep out now. The family went home of the yesterday after most of their last week having been grey, damp and misty with strong winds thrown in as well. They still enjoyed themselves and as they say they want to spend more time out here it's as well they experience it when the sun isn't shining.

I had a holiday in Dunoon when I was sixteen Lona. My first experience of visiting Scotland and I loved it. I'm glad that we are still united.

annodomini Fri 19-Sep-14 11:14:57

Good morning. It's a bit overcast here with blinks of sunlight. I have hung out the washing, anyway - #optimistic.

rubysong Fri 19-Sep-14 11:19:58

Good morning from Cornwall. Rain in the night but dry now. I've risked the washing out.
DH crept downstairs just after six and heard the result announced. Then we switched on upstairs tv and watched for a while. So pleased with the result, though there is work to do now to sort out the bribes promises which have been made (which will affect the rest of the UK as well as Scotland).

annodomini Fri 19-Sep-14 11:20:22

I lived on the Firth of Clyde until I was 17 and had lots of trips round the islands, but, although I saw Waverley many times, I don't recall being aboard her. There were two more modern boats, sisters - The Duchess of Hamilton and The Duchess of Montrose, on which we spent many happy days. I'd bet that they haven't outlasted the old girl!

NfkDumpling Fri 19-Sep-14 20:18:55

I went on the Waverley from the end of Southwold pier down the coast and up the Thames through Tower Bridge. Wonderful trip, wonderful ship.

Gagagran Fri 19-Sep-14 20:39:09

What a lovely trip we had on the dear old Waverley. It was misty this morning when we left Gunwharf Quay in Portsmouth and headed out into the Solent. The Isle of Wight looked like an impressionist painting. We followed the Isle of Wight coast round to Yarmouth and a lot of us disembarked, some stayed on board, just as the sun started to break through.

The ship carried on to the Needles and we, in Yarmouth, had 2 hours to have some lunch (lovely meal in The Wheatsheaf) before she returned to pick us up. By now it was hot sun, deep jade sea and blue sky - absolutely stunning. A strong breeze, lots of yachts out and what a great view of Portsmouth Harbour and its many landmarks. A beautiful ship, a beautiful setting and beautiful weather. One to remember. sunshine

Lona Fri 19-Sep-14 22:58:38

Sounds as though you had a wonderful day Gaga smile