Gransnet forums

Chat

I visited my Mum today.........

(6 Posts)
kittylester Wed 01-Oct-14 20:39:56

Apparently, she had been complaining about all the time she spends working there (she believes she travels in daily!) and that they never pay her. Her lovely carer (who christened her the duchess!) made up a time sheet for her, helped her to fill it in and 'took it to the office' for her. After a while Suzette took her an envelope in which she had put 2 x £1 coins.

Mum opened it, gave it back to Suzette and said 'I'm not working for that s*****g pittance - I'd rather work for nothing!' blush

Kiora Wed 01-Oct-14 20:44:11

grin you have to smile.

granjura Wed 01-Oct-14 21:14:51

Ah Kitty - just keep your gsoh smile

NanKate Wed 01-Oct-14 21:16:28

What a gal your Mum is Kitty.

merlotgran Wed 01-Oct-14 21:17:07

Brilliant, kitty and what a lovely carer.

My mum went through a phase of thinking she was the manager of the nursing home she was in. She thought that was pretty good for someone who was 92. When I pointed out she was 95 she said, 'I know that, silly but if I told them my real age I wouldn't have got the job' grin

kittylester Wed 01-Oct-14 21:30:33

Merlot grin

Mum's carer is fabulous. She came in on her day off to do mum's hair and make-up and then came with her to my niece's wedding! She wouldn't take any money from us but came to make sure mum was ok!

Mum also told me that the co-op breadman was also working there 'and I wish he would stop following me about!'