Gransnet forums

Chat

National Express Coach Card purchases and renewals

(4 Posts)
12Michael Thu 02-Oct-14 07:12:18

Had the experience of trying to renew my coach card at a Post Office , I was told I would have to do it on line.
They will issue you with tickets at a post office but no to coach cards at the moment .
Being a member of Bus Users UK , I passed the info to the chair for the group I attend meetings as to alert them to it, and hopefully find the solution.
Mick

Soutra Thu 02-Oct-14 09:11:55

I bought our first National Express Coach cards over the phone as I was having problems on line and was also trying to book a return trip to Edinburgh for a family funeral. This was last January and I didn't want to drive that distance for such a short time and January was not a time of year when I wanted to extend it to a holiday. The train would have cost us about £150 each - again not ideal hence looking at the coach from Milton Keynes (3 miles away). Buying a coachcard saved us more than the cost of the card qnd our return fares (for both of us) came in at about £70- less than the petrolwould have done! So a good deal all round. Good luck with renewing yours Mick.

glammanana Thu 02-Oct-14 16:12:37

Mick Its so important for as much business as possible to be done through our Post Offices isn't it ? So many people don't have internet access so how on earth can they renew their passes lets hope something is done.

12Michael Fri 03-Oct-14 16:45:48

Did mine on the internet with a £2 postal charge received today, nearest National Express Office for me is in Oxfords Gloucester Green, forgot to take with me last Tuesday renewal form wise as I got off an X5 coming from Bicester, as part of my journey.
Mick