Gransnet forums

Chat

Linda Bellingham

(30 Posts)
ninathenana Mon 20-Oct-14 08:24:26

I'm reluctant to start this thread after my first false alarm.

BBC 1 breakfast has just announced Linda passed away last night in Michael's arms. RIP very sad she didn't fulfill her wish to have one last Christmas. Condolences to her family and friends.

ninathenana Mon 20-Oct-14 08:26:45

Sorry didn't find the other thread.

gillybob Mon 20-Oct-14 08:31:27

I couldn't find the old thread either nina so don't worry about it. Terribly sad news. Such a shame she didn't get to have her last Christmas with her family. flowers

jamsidedown Mon 20-Oct-14 09:25:32

Goodness, her end was devastatingly quick, how sad. flowers

merlotgran Mon 20-Oct-14 09:29:37

What sad news and so soon. sad

Jane10 Mon 20-Oct-14 09:33:01

Very sorry to hear this. I always enjoyed her in her acting work but also as herself. Rest in Peace.

Ana Mon 20-Oct-14 09:54:11

I agree, so sad she didn't get the last Christmas with her family that she wanted. sad

whenim64 Mon 20-Oct-14 09:59:51

What a shame. She was a much liked woman. Seeing her pictures in the news over the weekend, she looked very poorly because of the weight loss and jaundice, but there she was looking cheerful, surrounded by friends who loved her. An inspirational woman for the way she spoke about being at peace with knowing she would die soon.

henetha Mon 20-Oct-14 10:21:45

So sad this morning to hear of Linda's death. What a lovely lady and actress. I wish with all my heart that she could at least have had one more Christmas with her family as she so much wanted to.

Soutra Mon 20-Oct-14 10:42:03

I too shed a tear as she came across as a woman of immense warmth, strength and humanity. She took a brave decision and for her famiy's sake as well as her oen I am so sorry she didn't have longer. sad I think we can all empathise and reflect.

granjura Mon 20-Oct-14 11:00:36

So sad, but in some ways, unlike some of you- I am glad for her and her family the end was quick- even if that meant not having a last Christmas with her loved ones.

I am glad she could pass away in her husband's arms, at home- a choice everyone should have if at all possible. RIP Linda.

kittylester Mon 20-Oct-14 11:05:12

She seemed well loved by those who really knew her. I agree with you post granjura.

RIP Lynda flowers

pompa Mon 20-Oct-14 11:06:07

She seemed so well (relatively) just a short while ago when she was on TV talking about dropping chemo, and her plans for a family christmas. According to reports she was with her family at the end, so I guess christmas came early. Can't think I would be that brave.

Eloethan Mon 20-Oct-14 11:21:06

Very sad she didn't have that last family Christmas, but I think she was right to follow her instincts.

footmaiden Mon 20-Oct-14 11:48:52

A sad day. A strong woman who was not afraid to speak out for what she believed in, I agree that she was right to follow her instincts.

harrigran Mon 20-Oct-14 11:56:01

So sad to hear the news this morning. I thought Lynda was a great actress and enjoyed her many varied roles. Last month I read her novel and found it to be a moving tale of four generations of women in one family.

HollyDaze Mon 20-Oct-14 12:53:01

RIP Linda flowers

glammanana Mon 20-Oct-14 13:13:08

Such sad news and such a brave lady,I watched her in a drama yesterday on TV she could act right across the board she will be sadly missed.flowers

J52 Mon 20-Oct-14 15:34:12

Just woke up to the news in USA. So sad for her family, thinking about them and others lost to the dreadful Cancer.
Linda certainly was a great character and showed how important it was to live life to the full. May she rest in peace. X

numberplease Mon 20-Oct-14 16:11:14

RIP

rockgran Mon 20-Oct-14 17:06:59

I agree, Granjura, better a swift conclusion for her family. Very sad, though.

Kiora Mon 20-Oct-14 17:09:34

flowers condolences to all who will be mourning her loss

merlotgran Mon 20-Oct-14 17:16:12

Although her family will miss her terribly this Christmas, they will be spared any further decline in her health. They'll have the chance to remember her final weeks as being full of courage and determination and not have to cope with the heartbreaking task of caring for someone knowing it's their last Christmas.

Purpledaffodil Mon 20-Oct-14 19:39:40

Such courage and so sad she didn't get the Christmas she hoped for. sad

Deedaa Mon 20-Oct-14 21:25:17

One of her big worries was that her family would have to watch her slowly deteriorate so at least they were saved that, but it's a shame she couldn't manage that last Christmas.