Gransnet forums

Chat

Thank you

(19 Posts)
Crow Wed 22-Oct-14 08:54:34

Gransnetters, I just want to say thank you to all the folk who write on Gransnet. I have written very little just now as my son is going through the most horrendous divorce and I am wary of writing anything on here. When it is all safely tied up I shall write about it.
I feel like a lurker just now and have always been reasonably active on this site (albeit it with a different name which was changed out of necessity), so it feels weird.
Gransnet has cheered me up when my heart feels as if it will break in two, and also time flies by when reading all the subjects.
Thank you folks.

Icyalittle Wed 22-Oct-14 08:58:10

flowers Crow

Agus Wed 22-Oct-14 09:03:13

Hope this horrible situation is over soon for you and your son.

Look after yourself too Crow flowers

kittylester Wed 22-Oct-14 09:14:23

Good to know you are still with us Crow. Gransnet is great!

A few of us are going through a similar thing and I, for one, would be happy to listen if you wanted to pm me!

janeainsworth Wed 22-Oct-14 09:16:02

Crow I think seeing our children suffering is the worst of all things.
flowers for you.

Jane10 Wed 22-Oct-14 09:20:02

Good luck crow be sure you are not on your own

Grannybug Wed 22-Oct-14 09:31:58

Crow flowers such a painful thing to go through.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 22-Oct-14 10:00:07

Crow flowers It's so sad when things go desperately wrong for our children, but try to hang onto the happiness in your bit of the world. We musn't hand it all over to them. Hope it is all settled soon and pieces can be picked up.

annsixty Wed 22-Oct-14 10:18:23

Crow I went through this with my son and now am going through it again with DD and although that is a mutual decision for them I know she is hurting at what she considers is a failure after 23 years, so I do know how you feel.flowers

Tegan Wed 22-Oct-14 10:20:36

Even though he's now moved on, I can still remember how wretched I felt when his previous relationship ended and the sleepless nights I had. A big hug and flowers from me as well; lets hope the combined gransnet understanding of what you're going through softens the pain a bit.

harrigran Wed 22-Oct-14 10:48:16

Crow flowers

Mishap Wed 22-Oct-14 11:29:16

So glad that gransnet has been a support to you at this trying time. We all want our children t be happy and choice of partner is such a critical factor. Let us hope that your fson will move on into a settled and happy relationship when all this dies down.

gow1 Wed 22-Oct-14 15:32:55

Oh Crow I so agree with you. I posted throughout the difficult time during my son's break up and the response was wonderful and got me through each horrible day. I don't think I've posted since those dark days but I do lurk! Son is now happy in a new realtionship and I am due a grandchild in January. There is lots of support and wise words on Gransnet.

Lona Wed 22-Oct-14 15:54:04

Crow I understand too flowers

Marelli Wed 22-Oct-14 16:23:30

Always there for you, when you're ready, Crow. flowers x

ninathenana Wed 22-Oct-14 16:44:28

Crow I empathize. I understand you not posting about it here but I hope you have someone you can "unload" to. I find it helps. flowers

MiniMouse Wed 22-Oct-14 17:03:15

flowers

Purpledaffodil Thu 23-Oct-14 12:13:32

flowers to you. They are always our children and we worry about them, no matter how old they are.

PRINTMISS Thu 23-Oct-14 15:35:28

Oh! yes! Purple Our grand-daughter has been dumped by text by her boy-friend of ten months or so, and I feel for her too. Totally out of date about these things,but it is a cruel world (and cowardly), that allows someone to do that like that, rather than face to face. Nothing like a divorce I know, but we do so feel for all our children.
Broken hearts eventually mend, but the scars are always there, I think.