Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Sun 26-Oct-14 06:37:41

Good Morning Everyone,
I went to bed earlier than planned last night, do to TV prog's , this morning is cloudy but dry with a bit of wind.
Mick

PRINTMISS Sun 26-Oct-14 07:37:25

Well, the body clock is still in yesterday's time zone, but no doubt it will get used to today's quite soon. Dull on the south coast, but I think it will be worth a trip to look at the sea later on - just to make sure it is still there! Enjoy your days.

NfkDumpling Sun 26-Oct-14 07:42:07

Just been rushing around to get into town by nine to plant out a few In Bloom flower tubs - then DH pointed out I have an hour to spare! Oh, I do so wish we could stay on BST!

Have a lovely day All! sunshine

Gagagran Sun 26-Oct-14 07:55:06

Morning all! Dull and grey here on SE Hampshire coast. Hope we might see some sun later.sunshine

Slept well, despite the clocks change, after a hectic few days with visiting DGC staying with us. They left yesterday and I managed to get all the bed linen laundered and dry. Now have a pile of ironing to do.

Today is the rest day, before we are looking after the local DGC who have a different half term. Tiring couple of weeks but so lovely to see them all and catch up on what they are up to. Love them all to bits. smile

Happy days everybody!

thatbags Sun 26-Oct-14 08:19:02

Morning all! Dreich here.

thatbags Sun 26-Oct-14 08:27:42

I am now going to attempt to take a photograph while holding an umbrella with my shoulder...

Elegran Sun 26-Oct-14 08:50:07

Without a safety net?

ffinnochio Sun 26-Oct-14 08:57:39

One could say it's as dull as ditchwater here this Sunday, but then there's GN!

AlieOxon Sun 26-Oct-14 09:02:34

Mornin' all.
The clocks go back, so I wake an hour earlier. Huh?

Yesterday my oven decided to work, and I made three cakes and an apple crumble! Today I plan to put filling in one cake - and go out to replace flour etc. Often I only have a slow cooker, as the oven refuses to turn up.

Yeah, I know. I need a new cooker. Trouble is I really like this one, and can't get the same....

Agus Sun 26-Oct-14 09:07:35

A very bright morning indoors here as GDs stayed with us last night, however, outdoors, it's grey, miserable, wet and windy.

hildajenniJ Sun 26-Oct-14 09:20:02

Good morning all.
Not bad here weatherwise. A bit windy but the sun is shining through the clouds. DS coming for his lunch today. I must think of something to do with a pork tenderloin.

jamsidedown Sun 26-Oct-14 09:26:49

Good morning everyone, grey, grey, grey here in Petersfield. Boring jobs to be done, but maybe a walk later to clear away the cobwebs. Have a good day.

Ariadne Sun 26-Oct-14 09:28:02

Good morning, everyone. Bit grey down here in Decon, but not raining!

gma Sun 26-Oct-14 09:35:12

Morning all, dull and breezy here today, but not too cold! Lovely job this morning....defrosting freezer!!! Ughhhhhhhh
Does anybody else listen to poetry please on R4 on Saturday nights at 11.30?? Well I'm having a bit of a 'not sleeping very well' at moment, so I plug speaker in ear and listen to radio. Roger Mcgough introduces programme and last night was particularly good. It was the most requested poems over several years. I knew most of them, not by heart, but one I had never heard before was 'Timothy Winters' by Charles Causley. A really thought provoking poem, all about understanding people who are not like us.
Look it up and read it two or three times, see what you think? Programme is available on iPad!

Teetime Sun 26-Oct-14 09:39:59

Breezy here in MM and we are outside a smoked haddock and poached egg breakfast so feeling cosy and well fed. Staying in today but I might go and stroke my new electric golf trolley later!! Sad I know. A bit of on line Xmas shopping I think.
have a lovely sunday smile

Jane10 Sun 26-Oct-14 09:49:57

Woke up (again after many times in the night) feeling grim. You know you`ve got a cold when you really fancy a Lemsip! Luckily nothing much to do today (apart from going to Boots for more Lemsips) as DH away. Will have to go out in what sounds like a gale blowing but that's maybe because I`m feeling so feeble and pathetic. Note to self- "must get grip"

kittylester Sun 26-Oct-14 10:34:44

Morning all!

Grey in North Leics this morning and I'm confused. The clocks went back, the DGC woke up earlier than their usual time, DD took over the kitchen to do last minute cakey things and then we all had to sit around waiting for the Idiot to turn up.

Due to the fact that Sainsbury's are in Christmas mode, I have [again] bought pancetta bacon by mistake so DH and I have just had scrambled eggs with crispy bacon and maple syrup - not a bad mistake really! grin

Peaceful day ahead - just a bit of cooking and the papers!

Enjoy your days sunshine

rubysong Sun 26-Oct-14 12:21:45

Sunny here in Cornwall. Happy Sunday all.