Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Fri 31-Oct-14 06:54:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey but dry here at the moment in Brackley.
Mick

Sewsilver Fri 31-Oct-14 07:04:34

Good morning Everyone, a soft grey mist here. Off to work soon.

NfkDumpling Fri 31-Oct-14 07:07:30

Morning Mick, morning All

Brilliant red sunrise here this morning which has developed into a still, moisty autumn morning.

Off to SiL's (and BiL's) 50th wedding anniversary lunch today. It's a posh Do and I'm a bit nervous. We don't do posh. Not sure what to wear. Don't want to be over/under dressed.

Have a lovely day Everyone.

thatbags Fri 31-Oct-14 07:08:13

Low slung clouds racing up the loch from the south-east this morning. Have a good one, folks.

kittylester Fri 31-Oct-14 07:36:59

Morning all!

Greyish in North Leicestershire this morning. My phone tells me that it's raining but I don't think it is really!

I've got a stinky cold so I'm just going to the butchers and then watching CBeebies!

Enjoy your day Nfk - just be your normal lovely self! sunshine

ffinnochio Fri 31-Oct-14 07:42:03

Good morning. The clarity of light heralds a fine day ahead. Off out for my tramp around the lanes.

PRINTMISS Fri 31-Oct-14 08:00:02

Good morning everyone, a little misty on the south coast with sun just showing. A fine day heralds, I hope, although not a lot planned, but a fine day makes everything better I think. Gardener coming for a couple of hours, last time this year, and then we are off for a short jaunt. Enjoy your days.

FarNorth Fri 31-Oct-14 08:08:55

I rather hoped to go to sleep again, after waking at 4.40, but that didn't happen. Will be enjoying a morning of Scrabble later on.

Brendawymms Fri 31-Oct-14 08:15:10

Good morning to everyone. Bright and breezy in East Sussex and a lazy day today, I hope.
Knitting a wrap in Bouble at the moment. It's the first time I have used it and it takes some getting used to. The yarn was on offer so only £12.80 for the whole garment and lots of hours of occupation thrown in for free. grin

hildajenniJ Fri 31-Oct-14 09:32:14

Good morning all. It's grey but bright in this corner of Northumberland. I have to visit the GP this afternoon about my patches of dry skin/eczema. The itching is terrible. Relief later I hope.

Lona Fri 31-Oct-14 09:46:24

Good morning everyone, it's going to be 18C here, according to the local weather page! shock Don't they know I've got my boots out?

I'm having lunch later with my friend, who's been away in Italy and has lots of gossip wink

My dd went to see her new house yesterday and is putting on a brave face making plans on a shoestring.
She told dgds and showed them photos, then 12yr old started crying.
Asked if it was because mum and dad are splitting up................... "No, I don't want to share a bathroom!" shock grin
A strong dose of real life is not a moment too soon for this proper little madam.

alex57currie Fri 31-Oct-14 09:46:45

Good morning all. Sunny in Lancashire. Hung washing out. Simply to save on electricity.
This is my first "good morning" Hope you all have a wonderful day. [Grin]

Lona Fri 31-Oct-14 09:50:15

Nfk Sorry, I forgot to say enjoy your lunch, wear what you feel good in, and it will be fine sunshine

alex welcome to the morning thread sunshine

Agus Fri 31-Oct-14 10:25:48

Morning everyone. The sun is trying very hard to come through here but at 17deg., no cold wind, I can,live with that.

Nfk dress for yourself, not what others may or may not be wearing. Just be yourself and I hope you enjoy your day.

Hello alex. I'm swithering about hanging out a washing grin

harrigran Fri 31-Oct-14 10:43:50

Good morning, grey, damp and breezy here. Washing machine on but definitely not an outside drying day. GD2 coming to stay tomorrow so I need to sort bedroom, I remove the noisy toys that she may play with instead of settling down at bedtime.

NfkDumpling Fri 31-Oct-14 20:16:41

Thank you Kitty, Lona, Agus. The lunch was a great success. SiL found some normal people to sit next to me and not some of their uber intelligent friends! I wore my new long cardigan from East over a floaty blouse which is about 40 years old - and trousers for comfort. Turned out to be just right. Not exactly what I would call a lunch though. Beautifully prepared and presented. An afternoon of leisurely consumption and we're sitting here too stuffed to move! Or answer the door to the trick or treaters who keep knocking. Forgot to buy sweeties!

whitewave Fri 31-Oct-14 21:49:09

Just had to add a note to this most glorious of days folks, aren't we lucky? Walked with just a t-shirt on this morning as too hot and sticky with cardigan. Even my 96 year old Mum was sitting with her window wide open letting in the sun!