Gransnet forums

Chat

A bit of luck

(4 Posts)
NanKate Fri 31-Oct-14 17:26:26

My 3 and three quarter GS has been saying all week to his mother and myself - I wonder what costume I will be wearing for Halloween ?

Nothing had been planned and when my DinL tried at the last moment to get him an outfit all the shops were sold out. I suggested she might need to find an old sheet and make him a ghost outfit.

We were just about to leave today having finished our half term childcare duties when I popped into their community shop and saw a fab display for Halloween and I persuaded them to sell me the skeleton outfit just his size.

One truly happy boy who I suspect will be dressed up all weekend.

That was £2.00 well spent.smile

Iam64 Fri 31-Oct-14 17:45:45

Another success for a gran, well done that gran

sunseeker Fri 31-Oct-14 18:41:58

I work a couple of mornings a week in a charity shop and a young mum came in this morning with 3 children, we were able to outfit to two girls with lovely witches outfits (complete with hats and wands) and even found a black babygro with pumpkins on it for the baby - mum went away very pleased.

NanKate Fri 31-Oct-14 19:18:10

How fabulous Sunseeker.

When my son was young Halloween wasn't really a big thing but now it seems quite a major event.

I love to see the little girls in dresses made of coloured tule. Do you think I'd be noticed if I got a dress like that ?