Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's Kitcheners

(1000 Posts)
soop Mon 10-Nov-14 13:54:43

Slainte to all my Granspals. Settle down and relax. The bubbly is nicely chilled. wine

kittylester Mon 10-Nov-14 14:01:53

Hi soop, I've missed a few days what with one thing and another and thought I might not be able to find the door - but I've made it!!

This kitchen seems just as nice as the old one(s) and the wine is just right. I've brought some [cupcakes] for everyone to enjoy.

See you later

baubles Mon 10-Nov-14 14:08:19

I locked the door behind me on the way out.

Lovely new place you've got here soop.

Crafting Mon 10-Nov-14 14:48:10

Hello Soop, everyone. Bubbly for me please, and I might just have a cupcake to soak it all up go with it. My offering is a tray (or stand thingy) of pop cakes (those who have made them will know what I mean). Some lemon ones with sprinkles on and some chocolate ones with chocolate topping ...yes I know it 's dripping on the new worktop but I can't get it to stay on the cakes. More bubbly, oh go on then just a drop grin

Teetime Mon 10-Nov-14 14:57:12

OOoh Bubbly lovely - love the colour of the new Aga!! I cant stop sneezing - can you believe it Hay Fever in November - its not a cold but its driving me mad - eczema up too whatever is going on? I have taken well pinched one of DHs antihistamines possibly out of date but hey ho. Is there a little Scotch anywhere perchance - that would be nice please? A single malt only - well just a large one to be polite.

I hope you are all fit and fine today - well as well as can be expected- I send you a big drippy hug Atishoo!!!

Lona Mon 10-Nov-14 15:01:19

Hello everyone, I'd love a glass of bubbly please. I've brought some olives and some savoury nibbles, I know soop likes smoked salmon and we don't have a new kitchen every day! wine

I'm feeling a lot more chirpy this week and things are ticking along......hmm
Although my ds had his car sideswiped and wrecked by a large Bargain B**ze van this morning! Ds is fine though and it's only a car.

Cheers!

soop Mon 10-Nov-14 15:19:17

So.....all together now...

Here we are again, happy as can be,
All good friends and jolly good company.
Never mind the weather
Never mind the rain...
As long as we're together
Woops she goes again
Lah de dah de dah
Lah de dah de dee...
All good pals and jolly good company.

Slurp! Cheershhhh and all that jazz. I have a very good single malt on standby Teetime. Let me pour you a generous measure. Oops!

Lovely yummy cakes and salmon tidbits. Thank you dear kitty Crafting and Lona I shall need to sample several cupcake just to be sure. wink

Lovely of you to lock the old kitchen door, baubles I'm glad that you like the tasteful décor and self-clean units. No time to spend scouring bits and bobs when we all we want to do is blether. How is your wrist? I trust that you are recovering well.

I opened the door to the "engine room" (so called because it houses the under-floor heating paraphernalia) and I caught a nasty niff of something or other. MacSporran went into the bowels of the under side of the floor and discovered a dead mouse! shock Said mouse has been wrapped in tissue and taken out of doors. It will have a wee burial in the copse.

annodomini Mon 10-Nov-14 15:59:07

Lovely new kitchen, soop and I see that Rory has already made himself comfy on the best chair. A drop of bubbly would be just the thing after a hard afternoon shopping at Lakeland. And of course, Champagne has no calories. grin

AlieOxon Mon 10-Nov-14 16:12:16

I found it! Hello all and have some celebration shortbread.

My DD and baby are home, yesterday and both fine. This is a new species of baby - he doesn't yell! Very quiet and I wish mine had been like that.
They are threatening to call him Malachi, though.....

soop Mon 10-Nov-14 16:40:26

So right, anno Rory is asleep on a low stool right next to the virtual Aga. grin

AlieO Wonderful news that Mother and baby are home. We shall all raise a glass of cheer. flowers

Talking of noisy babes (not your grandson, AlieO) my youngest was just that. The staff in Freedom Fields hospital in Plymouth threatened to put his cot in the laundry room, so that the new mums could get some sleep. I worried myself silly thinking that, in the event of a fire, he would be overlooked. The cots were on wheels. I pushed him up and down the ward to pacify him. I also recall getting him an extra blanket. I then got into trouble for "overheating" him. grin hmm

kittylester Mon 10-Nov-14 17:57:25

Noisy babies reminds me of DD2 (child no 4 - bit blase by then!) shrieking in the nursery, me wearily feeding the biggest crying baby (she was 9lb 6oz), going back to bed only to woken by the staff as I still hadn't fed my baby. I'd fed someone else's large shrieker! grin

Anno, I bet my afternoon shopping at Lakeland was harder than yours, unless you also had 2 under 3s with you. grin

We took them to the Christmas shop next door to amuse them but that turned out to be far too nerve wracking so we didn't stay long.

ffinnochio Mon 10-Nov-14 18:22:13

Here's an armful of arching cotoneaster branches << clears kitchen table of all but the champagne >> Autumnal loveliness for the new kitchen.

Galen Mon 10-Nov-14 18:51:38

Graggy's banana cake here. The kids love it so I hope you lot do! It's non dairy as well.

Oldgreymare Mon 10-Nov-14 19:01:23

Save some bubbly for me..... just off to Hort Soc (topic:Garden Design) Would love an extra bit of garden for fruit and veg now we've decided to 'retire' from the allotment...... may have more time to drop in to the new kitchen..... I'd also love a new kitchen...... lots of people coming to stay bring on a dose of dis-satisfaction with the old abodehmm

Crafting Mon 10-Nov-14 19:05:00

My goodness if we carry on having so much food brought into the kitchen we will need to get a treadmill installed in the corner to work off all the calories!!
grin. Had too much bubbly, just leave me here in the corner having a little nap smile smile smile

Brendawymms Mon 10-Nov-14 21:12:51

Fell over in the bedroom and my head made sharp contact with the corner of the wardrobe. Blood everywhere and a inch long split in my head. Just too short to be stitched so lots of ice and iodine. Have I got a headache. DH told me to look where I was going!

Galen Mon 10-Nov-14 21:19:20

Less bubbly in the kitchen Brenda if that's what virtual bubbly does to you, heaven help you with the real thing!flowers

(At least you weren't naked and had to rescued by your Gardner, as happened to me!blush)

Brendawymms Mon 10-Nov-14 21:27:09

Oh poor you Galen I will count myself lucky. grin

Oldgreymare Mon 10-Nov-14 21:44:12

Sympathy Brenda..... the Og always calls out 'Careful' AFTER I have bumped into/dropped something. Is it a man thing?

Charleygirl Mon 10-Nov-14 21:56:56

I would love banana cake with coffee please- I have been out, had very little supper so I am now hungry. Any excuse for champagne for the rest of you.

Galen Mon 10-Nov-14 22:05:40

My DGC LOVE my Graggy's banana cake! I came home after working on tribunals all day to immediately cook a cake for tomorrow when I go to see them.
I'm getting up early to try to cook dairy free 3D dinosaurs to take up as well.

Please tell me I'm not crazy?

annodomini Mon 10-Nov-14 22:06:00

kitty, it's bad enough shopping in Lakeland with another adult, but with small children? Nooooooooo! Shudder! Sympathy!

Charleygirl Mon 10-Nov-14 22:19:54

Galen I do not think that the men in white coats will be visiting just yet but I am a bit bothered. Then I sat down and thought about it, you are doing it for the love of the DGC so all is okay. You do need your rest, being marginally over 30 years now.

Nelliemoser Mon 10-Nov-14 22:40:05

Oh! I missed the official opening. I was off being a granny to a jolly chatty toddler today.

I will see off the left over olives and other savoury nibbles.

Take more water with it Brendawymms (I hope You are alright.)

Galen Mon 10-Nov-14 22:58:53

hmmmoon

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion