Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Thu 27-Nov-14 07:11:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its just twilight here in Brackley and the ground is wet from fog/mist.
Mick

thatbags Thu 27-Nov-14 07:14:13

Morning Mick & all. Some low cloud but I can see across the loch in the dark (reflections of light on the water). Yesterday was a pretty day even with the clouds and mist.

NanKate Thu 27-Nov-14 07:20:37

Morning everyone and Mick.

Staying near Winchester for a few days at a very quirky but fun hotel next to Marwell Zoo.

Think we will visit Hinton Abner today. Good that National Trust properties remain open so much longer nowadays.

Brendawymms Thu 27-Nov-14 08:17:48

A very good morning from East Sussex.
Another dull and dismal day here but at least the mist/fog/ low cloud has lifted. It threw it down with rain last night but stopped now. OH has a fasting blood test this morning and then it's yet another eye appointment this afternoon.

NfkDumpling Thu 27-Nov-14 08:25:12

Morning All.

Dull, misty and moisty here again.

Went to see The Imitation Game yesterday. It was very good, considering it wasn't the sort of film I'd usually pick (being into feel good, happy endings films).

Have a happy Thursday Everyone.

grannyactivist Thu 27-Nov-14 08:28:57

Good morning everyone, it's a clear, bright day here in my Devon corner.

Anne58 Thu 27-Nov-14 08:37:54

Clear and bright(ish) in my bit of Devon too, although judging by the ice on my car it was a very cold night!

PRINTMISS Thu 27-Nov-14 08:49:21

Good morning all, well at least it is better than yesterday! We have friends visiting today, and they are treating us to lunch, which will be lovely, haven't seen them for quite a while. The death of a mutual friend prompted the get-together. Lovely City, Winchester,*NanKate*, envy you. Enjoy your days.

annodomini Thu 27-Nov-14 08:57:06

Good morning - a bit dreich here in NE Cheshire, but not cold.

Galen Thu 27-Nov-14 09:14:07

Sunshine here, but I'm looking down on cloud in the Bristol channel.

daffydil Thu 27-Nov-14 09:16:54

Good morning everyone.
Dank and dreary in Mid Essex and doesn't look as though it will change for a while.

baubles Thu 27-Nov-14 09:22:18

Good morning all. Grey, damp and mild here in Lanarkshire.

ffinnochio Thu 27-Nov-14 09:27:48

Sunshine's working it's way through the mist, and leaves are still falling.
Have a nice day!

Agus Thu 27-Nov-14 09:29:58

Morning everyone. Damp but quite a lot of blue sky this morning.

Time for another steroid injection in my shoulder then, I keep putting it off but there are a couple of things I must go into town for. I hate shopping but both things I have to do are in Buchanan Street (for those who know it), then home.

Coolgran65 Thu 27-Nov-14 09:31:43

Good morning from a misty damp N.Ireland. Other granny child care has broken her shoulder so this morning we had 4 kiddies arrived at 7. Sausages and toast for brekkie and all delivered to school. Pick one up at 11.30 and the rest at 2. Glad the cottage pie is ready to just slip into the oven for their tea.
Have a lovely day everyone smile

Grannybug Thu 27-Nov-14 09:44:16

Good morning all . It's a misty wet start here in East Northants . hope you all enjoy the day.

GreatauntieLinda Thu 27-Nov-14 09:47:17

Good morning everyone. Its absolutely miserable here in Co. Durham. dull dark and raining like mad. Think I shall go back to bed.

hildajenniJ Thu 27-Nov-14 09:55:41

Good morning all. It is wet, wet, wet in Northumberland. The sort of fine rain that wets you through. I had a miserable walk for the bus after work. No car this morning.
Viewing care homes for Dad this afternoon with my sister.

Oldgreymare Thu 27-Nov-14 10:33:34

Morning.... skies have cleared here am about to walk into town ( all of 1 mile) to make the most of the sun shine, also hoping to buy some pink rosebuds for a friend who is a Grandma at last ( much longed for GD). I do hope I can find some!

whitewave Thu 27-Nov-14 10:39:26

Still dull-ish but with the odd break, very mild though.

DH off to his first visit to the pain management clinic so I have everything crossed that they can help him with his panic over his back - resulting last time in pneumonia and a stay in hospital.

rubysong Thu 27-Nov-14 11:33:06

Morning all. Dry but overcast here in Cornwall. A friend is here painting panto props in our conservatory, DH is painting behind the sitting room stove and I have just cleaned behind the microwave. I have a bit of ironing to do next, then a walk to the post office. I think all the paint fumes are making my eyes sore so a walk in the fresh air should help.