Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(20 Posts)
12Michael Sat 20-Dec-14 06:57:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark but loks windy but dry and cold here in Brackley.
Mick

Grannyknot Sat 20-Dec-14 07:01:44

Morning Michael (and everyone). I'm having tea and toast in bed already. It's still dark but I am looking forward to a mild day - like yesterday - here in SW London - we were in double figures! 10 digerees as my old neighbour would say. tchsmile

Kiora Sat 20-Dec-14 07:19:34

Good morning michael. It's still dark here in Kent but feels very mild. I'm told that it's going to be a reasonable day. If any of you see a post on any thread from me today please feel free to 'tell me off' if I don't get on with things today christmas will be chaos. I have to work right up till 4 on Christmas eve. So it's now or never.

papaoscar Sat 20-Dec-14 07:27:04

Greetings, world. Just deciding whether to plough through the bumper Chritmas Radio Times with the marker pen, listen to the radio, or contemplate going shopping. Oh, it's a difficult choice!

12Michael Sat 20-Dec-14 07:37:27

its getting cloudy here in Brackley with a westerly wind.
Mick

kittylester Sat 20-Dec-14 07:49:56

Good morning all!!

Still dark but not cold in North Leicestershire.

DGD is teething and, therefore, screaming, one of the cats brought in a mouse and we can't find it! We know it was in the kitchen and have set a trap by the washer as that is where the cat is sitting with a nasty gleam in his eye! The problem is that I have a mountain of ironing to do, the iron is past the washer and I hate mice!

Enjoy your days - I hope they are mouse free!

Kiora Sat 20-Dec-14 07:54:12

Oh kittylester I'd be Otta the house double quick or locked in the loo until said mouse was gone. What a start to the day

ninathenana Sat 20-Dec-14 08:08:19

Morning all.

Sun is just trying to break through, we are promised a clear day in N Kent.

Have to go and pick up DGS new bike today which we ordered last month. Fortunately the shop is out of town, I don't want to be near a High St today thank you.

kitty that poor little mouse will stay hidden from you scary humans tchgrin

Nelliemoser Sat 20-Dec-14 08:23:24

Kitty look inside everyone's shoes. My DS's cats are prone to dropping their prey inside his walking boots.

PRINTMISS Sat 20-Dec-14 08:37:39

Good morning all, a dry morning and warm for the time of year. Kitty, your story brought back memories of my gran long ago. I returned home from school to find her standing on a chair with her skirts held up. No idea how long she had been there! The cat had brought in a mouse and she did not know where it was. She got down when I arrived home and quickly went to her own house (just across the road). Can't remember what happened about the mouse, but it was something the cat did on a regular basis, as did most of the cats we had.

daffydil Sat 20-Dec-14 09:01:35

Good morning everyone. Chilly here in Essex but looks promising. The cloud is high and some breaks,
Although I woundn't want a mouse about the house, I am not afraid of them. Now spiders are different. I found one in a bedroom the other day the likes of which I had never seen before, I caught it and disposed of it then did a bit of googling and found a picture of one. It seems it was a wolf spider which my son tells me is not uncommon outside but not so common indoors. Had I been unable to catch it I don't think I would have been able to sleep upstairs. The thought of it getting on the bed is horrifying. shock

harrigran Sat 20-Dec-14 09:24:03

Good morning, weak sunshine here after a really windy night. Today is DH's 70th birthday and we are going out to lunch with the family. DD arrived from her home in Belgium, nice to have the whole family together for Christmas tchsmile

baubles Sat 20-Dec-14 09:27:00

Good morning Mick and everyone. Another watery sky here.

I'll have to brave the supermarket at some point then make some little curtains for the dolls' house I've bought for the DGDs.

Brendawymms Sat 20-Dec-14 09:32:11

Hello all. Insanity descends today as the family plus 5 small grandchildren descend for Xmas. Help! The ham is in the slow cooker and the Christmas crumble will be made later. The fun starts. [tchhmn]

Calm and sunny here in East Sussex.

Brendawymms Sat 20-Dec-14 09:32:42

tchhmm

Lona Sat 20-Dec-14 09:41:33

Morning all from a very wet and windy Cheshire! I'm going out in a few minutes so I hope it calms down.
I'm meeting a couple of friends for coffee and then braving the artisan market. There's a stall which sells the most delicious cheese and onion pies, which are a great standby in the freezer .....if they get that far!

Hope you all get done what has to be done tchsmile

Oldgreymare Sat 20-Dec-14 09:42:28

Morning, looks to be clearing here too. We are promised a sunny day today but the gloom is forecast to return tomorrow.
DS and Dil have just left to go shopping in Bath..... we have chosen NOT to accompany them!
Will need to pop into town to get a (cheating) veggie meal for Dil when I cook the 1st of the Christmas dinners (requested by DS so who am I to deny him hmm?)

vegasmags Sat 20-Dec-14 09:50:35

A later start to the day than I had planned, as friends came round for a meal last night and I may have had a glass or two too many! The husband, bless him, ate an enormous amount then fell asleep on the sofa. He's only 31 but has been working very long hours.

Daffydil - what the hell is a wolf spider? Are you trying to give us all nightmares? I'm not usually scared of spiders but this sounds like something else. Too scared to google it. tchgrin

Juliette Sat 20-Dec-14 11:19:58

Just waved some visitors off and it feels quite chilly here, despite the forecast for mild weather. Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing.

loopylou Sat 20-Dec-14 11:35:50

Weather wise fret and chilly here in North Wiltshire, cold wind too.
Commiserations kittylester and daffydil, mouse & spider phobic here....found one of those 'False Widow' arachnids in the greenhouse and unlike wolf spiders which generally terrify me because they run so fast, this one sort of reared up and stood it's ground tchshock.... Luckily neighbour heard screeching and came and disposed of it, I didn't hang around long enough to find out how or where!
DH's bought the decorations down from the attic and now have a ruddy hornet blundering around the living room........goodness knows whether or not it has the rest of it's colony in the box.....too blinking scared to look.....and DH out till later!
Anyway, just got back from Bath, hardly anyone around other than in Waitrose, no queues anywhere! If have forgotten anything then that's tough!