Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Mon 22-Dec-14 07:02:42

Good Morning Everyone,
its dark but windy here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

annodomini Mon 22-Dec-14 07:28:34

'Morning all. I'm up early to finish packing. I have to be on a train at 10.05. Then it's Christmas for me. Off to Sandhurst to be with my family. Lovely.

NfkDumpling Mon 22-Dec-14 07:40:55

Morning All

Very windy overnight here, and still quite breezy. Apparently the North is due to get a 'Weather Bomb'! Batten down the hatches - don't know what that is but it doesn't sound good!

Have a wonderful Christmas Anno

Happy Monday Everyone.

ffinnochio Mon 22-Dec-14 07:44:02

Have a lovely time, anno, and good morning to you all.

A dull morning here. I haven't found my voice yet but a steaming mug of coffee is a grand pick-me-up.

PRINTMISS Mon 22-Dec-14 07:46:37

Good morning all, three days to go, then it is Christmas Day - are you ready? It is very dark here, and a little blustery, I have some last minute shopping to do, then relax for the rest of the day. Enjoy your days, and have a lovely holiday Anno

kittylester Mon 22-Dec-14 07:56:49

Good morning all!

Blustery in North Leicestershire too! I finished the wrapping yesterday and today I have to pick up my M & S goodies, go to the butcher's and do my final Sainsbury's shop while DD makes decorations for a wedding cake!

Enjoy your days everyone sunshine

Brendawymms Mon 22-Dec-14 07:59:40

Good morning especially to everyone heading off for Christmas today.

Wet but not very windy in this bit of East Sussex. The visitors all go today and I can relax.
Cooked the Turkey in a cook in bag yesterday and it made the whole thing idiot proof. Still time to buy a cook in bag people I can recommend them, just put a little flour in it and shake to cover before putting the bird in.

Juliette Mon 22-Dec-14 08:17:45

Still windy here, the clouds are scuttling(sp?) across the sky. Expect the wind chill factor to play a part in the temperature today. Having a grand clean up this morning plus bed change, because as everyone knows Santa doesn't come if you haven't got a clean bed, so I change it every Christmas. Ho,ho,ho! smile

Grannyknot Mon 22-Dec-14 08:22:12

Morning everyone.

I will be out early to hopefully persuade Morrisons to swop the smoked ham my daughter bought on Thursday last week, for a smaller version. To my dismay when I looked at it properly yesterday, I saw it will feed 16 - 24 people, when there are going to be 6 of us! I also don't have a big enough container to cook it in Nigella style. I can kick myself for not taking it out of the bag to check it earlier.

I'm slightly apprehensive because the last time I tried to return something that needs refrigeration, I got a lecture from the manager of the store (Waitrose) about breaking the cold chain and was refused! I really hope Morrisons will believe me when I say it has been stored as per instructions all along.

hildajenniJ Mon 22-Dec-14 08:25:47

Good morning everyone. It was very windy here overnight, and the wood store shelter that DH built blew down. Now all the nice dry logs are soaking wet. Had to go to work this morning (Monday is my day off), as Waitrose had extra night crew in and the mess was terrible to clear up. I don't think I've ever seen as much bread and as many vegetables as I have this morning, and I expect they will sell it all. I'll let you know tomorrow, watch this space.

ninathenana Mon 22-Dec-14 08:37:56

Morning all.

Very windy over night, not quiet so bad now. It's very dark though. I thought it was earlier when I woke up.
DGS here today as mummy has to take youngest to London for a check up echo.

Gagagran Mon 22-Dec-14 08:44:30

Good luck at Morrisons Grannyknot but if they refuse to swap it you could cut it in half and freeze one half for another occasion. (uncooked)

daffydil Mon 22-Dec-14 09:20:35

A very good morning to everyone. Breezy and overcast here in Essex but quite mild.
Finished the wrapping yesterday and I will deliver the local cards by hand today. Then this afternoon meeting at a friends for a cup of tea and an exchange of presents. Don't have to worry about too much shopping as we are out Christmas Day and Boxing Day and daughter has promised to send us home with a doggy bag of goodies. tchsmile

appygran Mon 22-Dec-14 11:37:11

Good morning everyone.

A nice bright and breezy morning here in West Cheshire. I overslept today so it was a late dog walk for me. I must do it again because a met a whole new group of dog walkers. Its amazing how most of us dog walkers are people of habit, same time every day. Just the last few Christmas present to wrap today and then I will wander into Chester and soak up the Christmas atmosphere, then walk on to my son's house to enjoy a cuddle with my grandson. Hope you all have a good day.

Grannyknot Mon 22-Dec-14 11:47:01

I can happily report that Morrisons were brilliant! They said they wouldn't normally swop meat but would make an exception "at this time of year when mistakes are easily made..." All said with a lovely smile. So I told them I would post about their good customer service on Gransnet tchsmile

Plus I was in and out of town in under an hour, with SIL as my driver, plus someone gave us their not-used-up parking ticket. It's enough to put anyone in a good mood! tchgrin

Riverwalk Mon 22-Dec-14 12:28:12

Your reporting on Gransnet might backfire Grannyknot I'm horrified that a supermarket would swap meat, especially as you bought it last week! tchshock

I'm with the Waitrose manager here.

pompa Mon 22-Dec-14 13:23:46

I agree Riverwalk, I would be very worried if a shop re-sold anything that had been out of heir control where it needed cold storage, Why not cut off a piece large enough for Christmas and freeze the other piece. We often buy large pork joints when they are on offer and cut them up.

NfkDumpling Tue 23-Dec-14 18:05:03

If GK is a regular customer they probably did it as a good will gesture and binned the first joint.