Gransnet forums

Chat

Its so warm here..

(23 Posts)
tanith Mon 22-Dec-14 11:39:15

Hi girls just wondering if everyone else is warm today.. Its 13* degrees and feels so odd to have no heat on and a t-shirt around the house and its nearly Christmas. I'm sure the birds,animals and plants are as confused as me..grin

ninathenana Mon 22-Dec-14 12:18:03

No heating on here but not T-shirt weather tchgrin yes, nature is in deed confused. I have buds on the rose in the front garden. I saw a butterfly on Saturday and a pesky fly indoors.

Ana Mon 22-Dec-14 12:21:38

Certainly not T-shirt weather! It may be mild(ish) but there's a powerful wind...

Nonnie Mon 22-Dec-14 12:26:47

Mild here too and one of my rose bushes is in bloom.

J52 Mon 22-Dec-14 12:54:36

No heating on in Leics. I'm worried that my 34 baby lupins might be eaten by slugs rather than got by frost! X

MrsJamJam Mon 22-Dec-14 13:05:47

While out walkinv the dogs, we heard a very amorous pigeon trying to entice a mate. I think he was c onfusing Christmas with Valentine's Day grin

Teetime Mon 22-Dec-14 13:19:33

Nasty wind here in MM and drizzly. Shall stay in this pm and paint my nails.

Grannyknot Mon 22-Dec-14 13:24:11

Yes I agree London is very warm at the moment! We're in SW London and it is really mild. Pretty windy today though!

loopylou Mon 22-Dec-14 13:27:00

Blowing a gale here, giving me a headache.....
At least not cold or icy....

Eloethan Mon 22-Dec-14 13:38:02

I'm in east London - a bit blowy but very mild.

tiggypiro Mon 22-Dec-14 13:40:30

It's a 'no vest day' here.

tanith Mon 22-Dec-14 13:52:48

I guess I'm getting away with the t-shirt because I'm keeping busy trying to reorgainise my kitchen cupboards there are so many uselesslovely gadgets that OH bought taking up all my cupboard space I've just relegated some to the garage hoping he won't notice...grin

vampirequeen Mon 22-Dec-14 18:41:01

It's been very warm here today as long as you were out of the wind.

janerowena Mon 22-Dec-14 19:41:18

And here, I love it, it makes the winter seem so much shorter. Also, we haven't had as many dark days.

thatbags Mon 22-Dec-14 19:49:42

It feels like winter here. Mildish (8-9° max today), but that's usual in western Scotland. Nature does not get confused. Nature just is.

Crafting Mon 22-Dec-14 19:54:24

I fell as though I'm in the tropics but I think that's just me and my hot flushes tchblush

thatbags Mon 22-Dec-14 20:01:26

I had a 'personal summer' moment today too, crafting smile Had to take my jumper off for a bit.

janerowena Tue 23-Dec-14 11:45:32

Last night it was 9C at midnight, we had to give in and put the summer weight duvet back on. Today it's still windy, but so warm and sunny that we turned the heating off again. 14C currently. It's a warm house though. I'm just enjoying not having had any rain for a while, it's nice to be able to get to the other part of our house without getting wet.

tanith Tue 23-Dec-14 12:05:25

Its warm again here too.. so nice that the garden isn't a bog as it usually is at this time of year.. I had a walk around earlier and its quite dry I did toy with mowing the grass as it didn't get a final cut this year or maybe its just still growing with the warm weather , still no need for the heating either which is brilliant news....

Charleygirl Tue 23-Dec-14 12:23:25

I also switched off my heating this morning. My grass is also growing, I am sure because of the rain and the mild weather. I am not complaining if my gas bills are lower. At least we have had the shortest day, things can only get better now and once New Year comes, spring is just around the corner.

Riverwalk Tue 23-Dec-14 12:38:23

It's a balmy 13C and a bright and sunny afternoon here in London - was going to meet a friend for a late lunch but my Ocado delivery will now be two hours late!

I wonder if they'll refund the £9.99 delivery charge tchhmm

J52 Wed 24-Dec-14 06:42:37

DH mowed the lawn yesterday! Mostly because it got rid of the remaining leaves, but the garden does look tidy. Even though the borders have the dead stems of plants - left to give insects winter homes.
We probably need a cold snap to kill the bad bugs off! X

grannyactivist Thu 25-Dec-14 00:23:38

I'm in Dorset, staying with my daughter and we had to turn the heating off when we arrived.
My daughter in NZ is somewhat warmer though. tchsmile