Gransnet forums

Chat

Today I will be more disciplined...

(34 Posts)
Katek Tue 27-Jan-15 08:56:32

I will not stay on GN or FB after I finish breakfast....I have things to do. Minutes for village hall committee meeting need to be done along with some other hall paperwork and I also have some sewing/repairs. Get off the sofa woman!!

loopylou Tue 27-Jan-15 09:11:18

grin Katek....Go on then!

Katek Tue 27-Jan-15 09:27:24

Going, going.....gone,

glammanana Tue 27-Jan-15 09:49:57

Have you gone yet ? grin we are watching you

Katek Tue 27-Jan-15 09:54:08

...........(small voice in distance) ....yes!!

loopylou Tue 27-Jan-15 10:45:05

Bless! x

Katek Tue 27-Jan-15 19:22:44

Woohoo! Got my minutes done, sorted out village hall paperwork and wrote report on grant award plus met friends for coffee. Much more productive day, very pleased with myself.

loopylou Tue 27-Jan-15 19:59:34

Brilliant Katek and you made me sufficiently guilty to spur me on to washing/cleaning out the car, cleaning the windows and spending a couple of hours studying, feeling very smug smile!
Now need to maintain the momentum tomorrow hmm...

Tegan Tue 27-Jan-15 20:03:41

I cleaned the car today grin. But that's it. I am going to watch a film and sort out some new curtains for the bedroom now, though. I ended up staying up late last night watching telly [One Born Every Minute; once I start watching it I have to see it through to the end] so slept late today [again sad].

rubylady Wed 28-Jan-15 03:05:35

Don't worry Tegan that's me most days. I am disciplined not to come on here during the day as I get other things done, This Morning, Loose Women, Judge Rinder, Pointless, you get the picture, lol, but then I just nip on around midnight, usually when checking my bank and lo and behold, it's five in the morning and the doggie is giving me yawns and sad looks. I come off then and take her to bed. I need not to come on late at night. I was tonight just looking for some new tops in New Look but still not looked, it's too tempting to see what is new on here. confused

harrigran Wed 28-Jan-15 10:58:49

Yesterday my computer crashed and I read two magazines, made a pan of soup and cleaned the bathrooms. In the afternoon I caught up with recorded TV programmes and did several crosswords. I could hardly remember life before GN and FB.

Tegan Wed 28-Jan-15 16:00:33

I'm still sorting the curtains out [ironing, putting hooks in etc]. Why does it take me so long to do things like this? It's just taken me ages to unpick a knot because I drew the string at the top too short confused. I'm sure someone else would get them ironed and put up in an hour hmm

Ariadne Wed 28-Jan-15 16:20:38

I am revelling in having the excuse that there are still some things I just can't do in this post operative phase! However, each day I can do more, am more mobile and am also enjoying being able to do them. The only discipline is the twice daily exercise routine, which is paying dividends.

Having said that, my cleaner is in weekly at the moment, the heavy washing is back from a service wash, so all I am doing really is pottering about and making easy meals. Even then, DD, who is also vegetarian, is likely to pop down with a helping of last night's supper. Spoilt, really - but appreciating every little minute.

Katek Wed 28-Jan-15 18:08:21

Not necessarily Tegan..... one curtain in our spare room still doesn't go to the middle since we moved 15 months ago. I tried to loosen the string to make it fit and it got in a terrible knot. I just close the blinds if dgc are staying. Curtain repair is on my to do list, but today I managed to take up dh's summer weight trousers and add extra length/buttons to DGS 3's salopette straps. Feeling very virtuous.

rubylady Thu 29-Jan-15 01:12:09

Tegan Stop being so hard on yourself.

I've managed to wash clothes ready for my weekend away. I took the doggie to the shop this morning and have fed her, me and the budgies. I have slept and watched tele. My lazy self centred son can do some cleaning while I am away, see how he likes to tidy up after me instead of me cleaning all his s**t up all the time. Sorry, but he makes me feel so down at times.

Anniebach Thu 29-Jan-15 10:20:02

This morning I was going to clean windows, take things to a charity shop and sort out some genealogy files - it's raining and BBC have Andy Murray match on, so a case of priorities - hope Murray can get to the finale,most first set

Tegan Thu 29-Jan-15 16:35:06

I got to the gym [hurrah]. Now going to watch Wolf Hall.

loopylou Thu 29-Jan-15 17:01:28

Hope you are feeling suitably smug Tegan, I'll make do with feeling guilty about not cleaning out the kitchen cupboards smile
Have cleaned the house and got the washing ironed, but when I peered in to the cupboard I suddenly felt the need to sit down with a cup of coffee and a
wedge slither of coffee and walnut cake blush

Tegan Fri 30-Jan-15 20:55:33

Curtains are now up [only took 3 days blush]. Sat down to watch Wolf Hall and iplayer had stopped working again angry but thankfully, with a bit of fiddling about I got it going again after an hour or so, but I was well fed up when it happened sad. And I went to the bank and the Co op today as well! And this morning I did three days worth of washing up before I went out blushblushblush....

Soutra Sat 31-Jan-15 10:04:41

Oh dear I have been on GN, FB and my online paper since 8 o clock and have just got to this thread. Need to be more disciplined!!!

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Sat 31-Jan-15 10:30:49

We are very happy for you not to be more disciplined grin

harrigran Sat 31-Jan-15 11:05:26

What is it with computers at the minute ? mine has been playing up all week and have had to use DH's to read mail. I feel guilty depriving him so make it brief and as a consequence I have found time to clean and tidy cupboards and other house-wifely things [smug grin]

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 31-Jan-15 11:19:01

My internet went down at 6.30 yesterday evening. Son arrived home at 10-ish and put my mini I-pad on his I-phone so I could get online again. I don't know how that works!

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 31-Jan-15 11:20:00

I got jobs done yesterday evening. smile

Tegan Sat 31-Jan-15 14:17:17

My pooter is terrible; sometimes it works fine but other times it's so slow and crashes all the time. Don't know if it's the pooter itself or the broadband connection here confused.