Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(30 Posts)
12Michael Thu 29-Jan-15 06:56:59

Good Morning Everyone,
The dawn is just about to break over Brackley but its cold with frost no sign of snow yet.
Mick

kittylester Thu 29-Jan-15 07:11:00

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's still dark in North Leicestershire but very cold.

A visit to Sainsbury's and mum on the cards for me today! I do know how to live, don't I?

Enjoy your days everyone! sunshine

NfkDumpling Thu 29-Jan-15 07:12:57

Morning Mick, morning All

The sun is coming up clear and bright here but still a bit breezy. My new Nokia phone was delivered yesterday - but I can't play with it as it takes A mini SIM card which they failed to include. So it's off to the Carphone Warehouse this morning - they can sort it. (I do sometimes play the Grey haired Granny card - I figure it makes the youngsters feel grownup and responsible!)

loopylou Thu 29-Jan-15 07:18:50

Good morning everyone, very chilly here. Off to same store Nfk for 5th time of trying to get blasted smartphone to start living up to its name hmm
It refuses to set up email account and foresaid store seem unable to sort it - might give me an excuse for visiting Bristol branch to see if they are able!

Falconbird Thu 29-Jan-15 07:19:36

Morning Mick and everyone. Cold and dark here in W. Country but no frost. Foxes barking again. I often play the Granny card NfkDumpling or as we call it the OAP card - it works wonders.

NanKate Thu 29-Jan-15 07:28:26

Morning Mick and All.

Bl**dy frozen in Thames Valley today.

I do the opposite to playing the Granny card. When I am in the supermarket I walk tall and fast and then zip through the self checkout, just to show I am still with it. Totally pathetic I know but it makes me feel good. Silly old sausage than I am. smile

NanKate Thu 29-Jan-15 07:29:20

That I am.

thatbags Thu 29-Jan-15 07:31:05

Morning all! We've had more snow overnight and my iPad appears to have died. I'll try what I can to revive it but it might have to wait for MrBags to wake up from his man-flu sleep... noon maybe. Meanwhile I'll snaffle his macbookpro.

Kiora Thu 29-Jan-15 07:44:09

Morning Michael and all. Looks cold, frosty and crisp here in Kent. I survived yesterday but left feeling even more cynical and pissed off fed up. It's my youngest G.D birthday so we're off to celebrate this evening then there'll be even more 'Frozen' "let it go, let it gooooooo" fab. Have a good un all.

Soutra Thu 29-Jan-15 07:45:08

Deep (well not actually deep but a goodly covering ) and crisp and even in Tweedbank! Hope the roads are clear.

nannotgran Thu 29-Jan-15 07:53:13

Loverly clear skies but still very windy and very cold 0 degrees here in north essex this morning. I shall be staying in yet again cannot walk far with this blooming leg . It's the dog i feel sorry for he just wont go for a walk with anybody else which is a shame

Agus Thu 29-Jan-15 08:08:17

Morning everyone. Winter wonderland here this morning as snow fell steadily overnight. Very pretty and I believe we are having more of the same today. Gritters have been out so no problems on the roads which helps.

annodomini Thu 29-Jan-15 08:19:45

Good morning . It has snowed overnight and has started again. Oh, it's stopped quite suddenly!

Brendawymms Thu 29-Jan-15 08:23:05

Morning all. thatbag try a hard restart on your iPad, assuming it has not gone flat. To do a hard restart hold home and off button together until the Apple appears, it can take up to 20 seconds.

Brendawymms Thu 29-Jan-15 08:24:18

Weather in East Sussex....... Frosty and sunny at the moment. The dog is going for a hair cut so I will get my shopping done and then the weather can do what it likes for the next few days.

hildajenniJ Thu 29-Jan-15 08:45:43

Good morning all.
We have about four or five inches of snow, and more is falling. DH and I managed to get to work this morning, the roads are open and the busses are running. Four girls got on the bus to go to school, about one third of the way there the girls all cheered loudly and got off at the next stop proclaiming that school was off!!
It is cold but very pretty.
Have a lovely day everyone.

whenim64 Thu 29-Jan-15 09:00:29

Bags my iPad did that a few weeks ago. I put it on charge, then half an hour later disconnected it, then did as Brenda has suggested and it came back to life.

A very snowy morning here in south Manchester - looks lovely.

daffydil Thu 29-Jan-15 09:20:35

Morning everybody.
Brilliant sunshine here in mid Essex with a strong breeze. Good day for changing bed linen.
I acquire my first iPad on Saturday courtesy of DsonIL who has every gadget known to mankind and is undating so passing on to me his 2 year old iPad. He will set it up for me then I can spend the weeekend playing with it. I also get his 2 year old computer shortly. My present one is about as slow as I am!

Nelliemoser Thu 29-Jan-15 09:24:17

Good Morning from Cheshire, snow/sleet is begining to fall.

Anya Thu 29-Jan-15 09:24:59

Snow will do that to an iPad?

Nelliemoser Thu 29-Jan-15 09:27:45

Hildaj I just peeped at your profile to see where you lived. Take care up there or stay indoors.
Cheshire is forecast to have quite heavy snow later on.

harrigran Thu 29-Jan-15 10:27:19

Good morning, very cold with snow but the sky is clear and the sun is shining. A66 is closed so we are pleased DH decided Friday was a better day to go to Cumbria.
My computer playing up, still, cleaned up the hard drive and it seems a little faster today but I guess more than three years is old for a computer.

KatyK Thu 29-Jan-15 10:29:47

Lovely bright day in Brum. I haven't been out yet so don't know how cold it is.

Ariadne Thu 29-Jan-15 10:33:04

Morning all! A lovely bright (oh no, clouding over..) morning here in Bideford. But it is very cold. Still, I have to go nowhere.

Now down to one crutch, and feeling much more myself as I come to the end of week 2!

annodomini Thu 29-Jan-15 10:42:28

Well done, Ariadne. One of the best days of my life was when I was able to ditch both crutches! Won't be so very long now, but don't be in too much of a hurry.