Chat

Good Morning Friday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Fri 30-Jan-15 06:49:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but wet out after snow has disappeared overnight ,here in Brackley
Mick

loopylou Fri 30-Jan-15 07:13:13

Good morning everyone, surprisingly mild here albeit rather damp. We seem to have missed the snow thank goodness, apart from a few flurries yesterday.
Off to dentist for two extractions this morning so going to be feeling very sorry for myself later smile, will be a good excuse for doing very little later!

Falconbird Fri 30-Jan-15 07:23:01

Good morning all. We had a wild snow and sleet storm here in the West Country yesterday afternoon but it all melted within half an hour. Chilly here now but no frost or snow.

NfkDumpling Fri 30-Jan-15 07:23:40

Morning All.

There's still white stuff on the car and garden, but the paths and roads are just wet. Forecast here is for snow today, most of the day. The media will be out looking for disasters.

Falconbird Fri 30-Jan-15 07:26:09

I have a cousin in Mass., USA and they have had real snow, three to four feet and they cope very well. In this country everything grinds to a halt after a snowfall of 2 inches.

ninathenana Fri 30-Jan-15 07:39:35

Morning all

A wet start here in S on A. They had quiet a bit of snow at home in Kent last night, may all be gone now.
Of home today via a stop at Evesham.

nannotgran Fri 30-Jan-15 07:50:52

Snowed yesterday afternoon but nearly all gone this morning in north essex very grey and wet bye

kittylester Fri 30-Jan-15 08:12:59

Good morning

It's cold and ominous looking in North Leicestershire! It appears to have snowed overnight but not too much!

Today, we are going to order my new car and it's not black or silver - a major achievement!!

Enjoy your days everyone!!

hildajenniJ Fri 30-Jan-15 08:13:38

Good morning everyone. It is a cold start again, 1°c according to the car. We still have snow lying, but the morning is bright and clear and will be lovely when the sun finally makes it over the horizon.
Enjoy whatever you to today, keep warm.

Brendawymms Fri 30-Jan-15 08:13:46

Morning all. We had one hail storm and then heavy large wet snow for a while. This is still on the grass and bin lids.

Sewsilver Fri 30-Jan-15 08:22:51

Good morning, I was kept in by snow all day yesterday and it looks as if that will be true of today as well. There are about 8 inches of snow on my car. The road was gritted three times yesterday outside here but was still impassable by 11 last night. Because of my osteoporosis I daren't go out at all so I'm feeling rather trapped. Good luck with the dentist loopy.

whenim64 Fri 30-Jan-15 08:36:29

Morning, Sewsilver my son was stuck, too - lives in your village, as you know. Last night, a colleague managed to get to his house in a 4x4 and they braved the roads to get to their nursing night shift in Buxton. I hope it's a bit clearer this morning as they'll be coming back home now. Take care and don't go out if you can avoid it.

daffydil Fri 30-Jan-15 08:39:12

Hallo everyone.
Unlike nannotgran, we have lying snow is this part of Essex, about 2 inches. Overcast and just generally dull. I'm just about to email DD in Cumbria so see what the conditions are like there.

Greyduster Fri 30-Jan-15 08:42:17

Good morning all. Very cold here this morning. What was slush yesterday is solid ice today. I sat in my warm bed this morning thinking back fifty years to Winston Churchill's funeral when my platoon were on route lining duties on Ludgate Hill. We had been up since 3.30a.m. And up in London for rehearsal at 5.30., after which we got a cup of tea! Then it was standing for hours on the coldest day I can remember. I didn't think I would ever feel my feet again. Very moving though. I could hear people in the crowd behind me crying unashamedly.

Kiora Fri 30-Jan-15 08:47:09

Good morning Mick, looks cold and wet here in Kent. It's FRIDAY whoop whoop hurray big smile happy Friday everyone.

annodomini Fri 30-Jan-15 09:03:49

Good morning. We're a bit lower down than you, sewsilver, but there's been some more snow overnight. I see that the traffic past the house is moving though it's slushy. Still hoping that trains to the south will be running normally today!

Ariadne Fri 30-Jan-15 10:06:11

Good morning, everyone! Kept awake by howling gales last night, but it is looking brighter by the minute now. However, still not going anywhere! All my walking exercise comprises circuits of the ground floor in the warmth.

dustyangel Fri 30-Jan-15 16:53:51

Good afternoon all
After 22 days I have at last had all stitches out and leg injury pronounced healed! This includes having a suspect lump on the vein (which I didn't know about) checked by the doctor and pronounced safe as long as it doesn't get painful.
I'm very glad that you are alright as well Nannotgran. smile

The weather? It feels cold because there is a strong north easterly wind but in fact is still a mild 15°C . The wind blew the clouds away for a while but it's grey again now.

Have a good weekend everyone. sunshine