Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(23 Posts)
12Michael Sat 31-Jan-15 06:54:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its sleety type snow here in Brackley at present , see how day unfolds.
Mick

Falconbird Sat 31-Jan-15 07:44:10

Good morning Mick and everyone. Chilly and dark here in W.Country. We have been very lucky here so far this winter.

Kiora Sat 31-Jan-15 07:49:02

Morning Mick, bit of a frost here in Kent. Sky looks a bit pinkish so who can tell. Soft play for me and thre under 6's today. They look at each other. It's noisy though. Have a good day all.

NfkDumpling Sat 31-Jan-15 07:57:03

Morning All

Damp and grey here this morning.

I left for art class yesterday with instructions to drive carefully etc, after clearing and inch or so of snow from the car's bonnet. A quarter of a mile out of town and there was nothing - no snow at all! It seemed as if the Snow Fairy couldn't be bothered to sprinkle it around any more and just dumped it all in one place. Hopefully it was the bottom of the sack and there's no snow left.

Have a lovely weekend everybody. sunshine

kittylester Sat 31-Jan-15 07:57:20

Good morning all!

It's grey and wet here in North Leicestershire this morning whi h is a shame as I have to go to the village first thing!!

Tonight we are going to DD1's 40th birthday party. wine

Brendawymms Sat 31-Jan-15 07:57:52

Good morning all.
Mono layer of fine snow here in East Sussex. The sky is quite grey also as though there is more waiting to fall.
Keep warm everyone.

hildajenniJ Sat 31-Jan-15 08:11:17

Good morning everyone.
It was raining here earlier, but now it is fair and mostly overcast. Milder than I expected.
Just going to relax today as I didn't sleep well last night.

nannotgran Sat 31-Jan-15 08:13:22

Looked out side at 6 o'clock it was dry just looked at8 o'clock and its snowing and laying temperature is 0 degrees in north essex
I will not be going out to day had thought of trying to walk out for a bit but that's not going to happen not taking any chances with my leg bye

Anya Sat 31-Jan-15 08:29:52

White here.

Lona Sat 31-Jan-15 08:30:39

Morning all! The snow is melting quite quickly thank goodness, as it was really difficult to walk in yesterday
No gritting done of course!

Have a good Saturday smile

Greyduster Sat 31-Jan-15 08:41:36

Good morning to all. And just as we get the roads back to something like normal - here it comes again! White over this morning. I am staying in today and making a start on GS's birthday cake. He wants a football cake this year so I'll have to get my thinking cap on.

Agus Sat 31-Jan-15 08:43:51

Morning everyone. Snow is melting here now and so is my head as 2 GDs stayed at ours last night and it is non stop chattering this morning grin.

baubles Sat 31-Jan-15 08:55:00

Good morning all. Still plenty of snow around here at the moment.

daffydil Sat 31-Jan-15 09:16:13

Good morning and a happy weekend too everyone.
Dull and chilly in mid Essex and no sign of the snow which nannotgran has reported from her area. I read recently that Chelmsford where I live has a 'microcllimate' which frequently differs from surrounding areas only a fe miles away.

daffydil Sat 31-Jan-15 09:19:19

Sorry about the typos - I am all thumbs this morning blush

ninathenana Sat 31-Jan-15 09:24:16

Morning all.

Grey and flipping cold here in N Kent. I've had to turn the heating up this morning.

Enjoy your party kitty and best wishes to DD1

Brendawymms Sat 31-Jan-15 09:39:54

Snowing quite hard here in the Weald of East Sussex. South Downs looking pretty. It's those big wet flakes so hopefully will clear but with no wind you never know.

nannotgran Sat 31-Jan-15 09:58:04

Daffydil snow has rearly gone here now ground must be very warm

percival Sat 31-Jan-15 10:14:24

Good morning everyone, snow in the night, but all gone now

Ariadne Sat 31-Jan-15 10:17:34

Morning all! A grey day here in N Devon - rain and sleet lashing down. Am glad to be in the warmth and shall now go and make another cup of coffee.

harrigran Sat 31-Jan-15 10:59:29

Good morning. Snowed heavily during the night but started to get sleety, couple of inches on the garden but slushy on the road. Forecast is not that good for the next week.

KatyK Sat 31-Jan-15 11:25:55

Good morning. Cold but sunny here in Brum. Got a bit sunnier when my daughter arrived unexpectedly with a bunch of flowers for me. smile

Retiredguy Sat 31-Jan-15 14:18:16

Funny old morning.
Bright and sunny on the beach this morning no wind and real warmth in the sun.
Came home for brekky fully intending to have another walk into the village and it started blowing and sleeting sideways then snow.
Raining now.
I am staying in!