Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Sun 01-Feb-15 06:58:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but cold and dry here at the moment here in Brackley.
Mick

nannotgran Sun 01-Feb-15 07:49:07

Morning from a very wet and windy north essex

daffydil Sun 01-Feb-15 07:59:57

Windy here in mid Essex nannotgran but not yet raining.
I have done my early morning exercises as set out by the physiotherapist so feel very virtuous. I am now off to have some breakfast then later indulge myself and watch Andy Murray and play with my iPad passed on to me yesterday by DsonIL.
Happy Sunday everyone. smile

ninathenana Sun 01-Feb-15 08:18:29

Morning all.

It was very windy at bed time last night, I stirred at 5 am and it had died right down. I've just got up and the wind is back with a vengeance. It's dry and bright though.

I think it's a lazy day indoors for us.

kittylester Sun 01-Feb-15 08:52:23

Morning all!

It's quite windy here in my little bit of the East Midlands!

I have a slight headache after DD's party but we had a really good time. DD has some really lovely friends and it was great to hear how much her colleagues respect her!

Lazy day today watching a bit of Andy and doing lunch! Then an afternoon with the papers until the DGC come back from their father's!

Enjoy your days everyone! sunshine

Kiora Sun 01-Feb-15 09:11:20

Damp and a little breezy here in Kent Mick.nothing much to write home about really. Hope you all have a good day.

lefthanded Sun 01-Feb-15 09:24:04

Up at the crack of dawn (well - 0730 on a Sunday feels like the crack of dawn to me). We were given a slow-cooker as a Christmas present and DW has just found a recipe that
1. sounds tasty
2. seems possible
3. gets the Slimming World Seal of Approval.

Only problem is that it requires 10 hours of cooking, so guess who was up early this morning chopping leeks and browning-off the beef.

MEMO TO SELF: Buy a timer-socket so that in future these jobs can be done at night with the timer turning the slow-cooker on at the recommended hour.

Sewsilver Sun 01-Feb-15 09:27:08

Morning everybody, I am just going to try and clear the snow from in front of my car so that I can actually get out for the first time in several days. Fingers crossed.

loopylou Sun 01-Feb-15 09:28:37

Chilly but bright Sunday morning here, some ominous black clouds looming from the north......

Brendawymms Sun 01-Feb-15 09:32:24

Morning all.
Snow overnight in East Sussex, only a cm, and the sun is melting it on South facing roofs.
No knitting, sewing or crochet today, my ribs hurt. Old injury that for some reason rebreaks if not careful.

PRINTMISS Sun 01-Feb-15 09:45:08

White Rabbits and good morning to you all. I don't like January very much, so decided to ignore it, and we have a lovely bright 1st February morning here, not sure it will last, but enjoying it while I can. We have been a bit house-bound - not venturing out in the cold and wet, just trying to look after ourselves, and the courtesy car we have whilst ours is being repaired is a bit of a rattle box, and so low down that although we can get in, getting out requires a major operation. The joys of old age of course, which we are getting used to. Enjoy your days.

Mishap Sun 01-Feb-15 10:03:22

Happy New Month to all! Bright and clear and very beautiful here on the S Wales border. The sky is blue and the hills are looking at their best.

percival Sun 01-Feb-15 10:20:12

Good morning to all, weather not to bad here, cold but dry, have a nice day now smile

hildajenniJ Sun 01-Feb-15 10:29:37

Good morning everyone.
It is a lovely cold, crisp sunny morning in Northumberland. I am just sitting here looking for a lamb curry recipe for lunch, and watching Andy Murray lose the Australian Open!
That might be a bit previous, but going on past matches...

harrigran Sun 01-Feb-15 11:31:07

Good morning, it is dry and sunny but it was a very windy night. Going to see GC but need to see if they have snow before I leave as they live on the top of a hill.

KatyK Sun 01-Feb-15 11:36:45

Good morning. Bright and sunny in Brum but I can hear the wind howling.

Mishap Sun 01-Feb-15 11:45:33

Well - goodbye bright sun - I spoke too soon. Now it is grey and overcast with occasional flakes of snow. I was going to weed and cut back the raised bed, but now I have a jolly good excuse to stay in and watch the tennis!

alisonobrien Sun 01-Feb-15 16:10:30

The pavements here are horrendous- several inches of thick packed ice.
I'm sure they used to clear them when I was little. Or is that rose tinted spectacles? DS visited from Wigan, wearing canvas shoes and no coat. I think he thought he'd come to Lapland by mistake.