Gransnet forums

Chat

Clothing

(131 Posts)
percival Mon 09-Feb-15 11:44:49

What clothes do you, or did you hate wearing, I can't stand wearing overcoats or macs, give me sun & tee shirts every time smile

soontobe Mon 09-Feb-15 11:53:42

Polo necks. I feel like I am being choked.

tanith Mon 09-Feb-15 11:57:51

Polo necks for me too can't abide them or shoes/boots give me a pair of bare feet or at a push sandals anytime.

grumppa Mon 09-Feb-15 12:06:45

White tie.

Anya Mon 09-Feb-15 12:39:24

Stockings and suspender belts.

percival Mon 09-Feb-15 12:41:55

Wish they would come back in fashion smile

Anya Mon 09-Feb-15 12:43:04

There's nothing to stop you wearing them Percival wink

percival Mon 09-Feb-15 12:45:11

grin

ninathenana Mon 09-Feb-15 12:47:41

I also hate polo necks and prickly jumpers. I'm with you tanith I wear sandals for as much of the year as I can. I do wear slippers indoors but as soon as I sit down I kick them off.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 09-Feb-15 12:55:35

This new bra I bought from m and s on Saturday. They've changed the blooming things and it's irritating my back so much! hmm

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 09-Feb-15 12:56:10

Sorry percy blush

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 09-Feb-15 12:57:13

percival!

Coolgran65 Mon 09-Feb-15 12:57:55

Can't abide polo neck jumpers, or even round neck lines. Scooped or V are good and then I wear a lightweight scarf, even indoors.
Never do I wear shoes in the house, in summer it's flit flops and in winter it's my cosy furry lined boot slippers with two pairs of socks.
Hate tights - if legs need this type of hosiery I wear Hold Ups, just don't use moisturer on the legs beforehand or they try to slide down.
Detest anything heavy or bulky.

Grannyknot Mon 09-Feb-15 13:00:01

percival I'm with you on that one, I can't stand feeling bundled up like a trussed chicken. Give me shorts, t-shirt and flip flops any day.

I hate anything tight. I never choose a coat that weighs a ton. I picked up the motorcycle jacket of a friend the other day and just about fell over under the weight of it.

Did the men ever think how darn uncomfortable suspender belts were?! You actually end up sitting on the fasteners and not feeling very sexy.

I have tried wearing thigh-high pull-up stockings and that resulted in a gentle descent with each step and they gathered around my calves somewhere. Most embarrassing. Also stockings with seams - my seams always "essed" their way up the back of my leg grin

hildajenniJ Mon 09-Feb-15 13:30:19

I hate wearing polo necks also. I have eczema around my neck and shoulders and heat irritates it. Tights drive me mad as they never stay up. I hate to say it but I don't like wearing bras either, only doing so these days if I am going out and dressing up.

Lona Mon 09-Feb-15 13:35:18

Hate polo necks and prickly jumpers.
I bought a lovely,fine, emerald green jumper recently, wore it once, washed it twice, and sent it to the charity shop!
I got lots of compliments when I wore it too!
Stockings and suspenders are only fit for lounging on the bed!

tanith Mon 09-Feb-15 13:41:04

Lona grin

Penstemmon Mon 09-Feb-15 14:03:53

I never wear shorts or polo neck jumpers. I was not fond of the round necked green serge tunic I had to wear at school nor the bright daffodil yellow (solid colour, not stripe or check!) secondary school summer 'shirt waisted' with full skirted dresses.

Agus Mon 09-Feb-15 14:19:32

Hate bras and I curse the man who invented them!

harrigran Mon 09-Feb-15 14:23:02

Hate tights, have never found a pair that are comfortable, they roll under my tum and nearly cut off the circulation.

rosequartz Mon 09-Feb-15 14:41:33

Polo necks, tights (hence don't often wear skirts), blouses with buttons, bare feet - have to wear a pair of shoes even indoors!

However, bare feet don't fit the OP do they? hmm

cangran Mon 09-Feb-15 14:44:22

I too hate tights (especially when they droop at the crotch) and uncomfortable shoes (really can't see the attraction of hobbling around in high heels).

Anya Mon 09-Feb-15 14:46:38

Agus did a MAN invent the bra?

grumppa Mon 09-Feb-15 15:13:53

According to Wikipedia the first modern bras were patented by women.

kittylester Mon 09-Feb-15 15:20:36

Polo necks, mohair anything, stockings and suspenders, skirts - in fact anything I have to think about once I've got it on.