Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's X Special Kitcheners

(1000 Posts)
soop Wed 18-Feb-15 17:25:36

Hello and welcome...grin

soop Wed 18-Feb-15 17:29:54

There is a welcome awaiting all our Granspals. Thank you for your on-going friendship. I shall pop in again in the morning. The time has come to feed the pussy cats and knuckle down to important matters other than Gransnet. (hugs) and moon

loopylou Wed 18-Feb-15 17:30:42

Hello soop! I seen to have been whisked into your new kitchen, what a beautiful view over the sea...............
As I was writing......
Smartphones have a lot to answer for, along with my iPad that sometimes develops a mind of its own confused.......
Talking of cats and fleas my friend's just phoned to say her Ragdoll cat has 'visitors', and apart from an expensive vets bill she's been told to comb him and would I come and hold him! Anyone got a spare set of armour I can borrow?
He's a bad-tempered whatsit at the best of times!
Will come back later if I survive the experience for at least one wine to help me recover.

soop Wed 18-Feb-15 17:34:04

loopylou flowers

POGS Wed 18-Feb-15 17:39:47

soop

Another extension to MacSporran Mansion.

You two certainly are Lord and Lady of the Manor.

X

kittylester Wed 18-Feb-15 17:46:32

I've just come for the bubbly!!

Crafting Wed 18-Feb-15 18:31:53

hmm is that X for extra special or X for X rated! What have the kitchener's been up to....... Have you all been watching 50 shades of grey grin

I'm like kitty. Champagne for me too please. I've put a plate of savoury nibbles on the table ( to soak up the alcohol) so help yourselves.

Nelliemoser Wed 18-Feb-15 18:41:51

So have I kitty! I hope you have not drunk it all already?

How many versions of the house is this? Each new place is always very welcoming.

I am away for a week from early Friday morning but please keep me a corner so I can pop in. (If I get time and a decent wi fi connection.)

Crafting Wed 18-Feb-15 18:46:49

Here you are nellie. I will just put a nice comfy cushion in this corner and leave it there for you whenever you are able to pop in (I have hidden a bottle of champers behind the cushion for you (shhhh...don't tell anyone) have a good wek away.

Purpledaffodil Wed 18-Feb-15 19:53:14

Loopyloo might be useful to know that some dog grooming parlours will groom cats after hours when no dogs around. DD has two cats who grew long coats, rather unexpectedly. She takes them for "hygiene trims", a bit like a Brazilian for humans grin. They also get put in a special harness and thoroughly brushed. They come back half the size! It would save you from fatal lacerations I'm sure.

janerowena Wed 18-Feb-15 22:19:25

I've just popped in for the champers and a spot of massage, of the clean variety. Lower back would be nice... Yes, I probably have overdone it a little but I do feel so much better for having got out there in the warm sunshine. I even have a very pink face! Only 3.5 hours today. soop I do a couple of hours, then have at least half an hour's break, and keep changing position and task. I couldn't do heavy digging for five hours, or pruning for five hours. Today I have dug out half a row of raspberries, dug over their bed with a bit of compost, split the canes and replanted them a bit further back, and dug up a large rambling rose after having cut it back drastically. digging it out was hard work, but I want to move it somewhere else. Then I had a bonfire of all the rose prunings. In the meanwhile DBH was chainsawing all the beams to the right lengths for the raised veg beds.

I am a bit confused between kitties and kitty and which does and doesn't do puddles... I think I managed to ascertain that the found cat is not lost and is a flea-bitten elderly male. I think he sounds better off in his new home, then! But who is Iscariot? I don't know if it's the sun or the bubbly or the new thread, or just gransnet...

Anya Wed 18-Feb-15 22:41:22

A male certainly, but not elderly. And he should be reunited with his real owners tomorrow.

Anya Wed 18-Feb-15 22:45:45

It's our female Kitty who's confused you. She wasn't lost, it was Iscariot who was lost. She's been keeping him in a corner. I think he must be a house-.elf, as in Harry Potter. Anyway I think he fled, not flead, which is why you got confused but all is clear now Jane ?

Lona Wed 18-Feb-15 23:05:05

I think it's time to put the bubbly down now you lot! grin

Anya Wed 18-Feb-15 23:12:41

wine

numberplease Thu 19-Feb-15 00:00:04

Lovely new kitchen Soop, I was hoping to be here in time to bags the window seat, but I see it`s taken. Oh well, still nice to be here.

kittylester Thu 19-Feb-15 06:41:24

I'd like to point out that I don't do puddles either - at least not yet!

Nelliemoser Thu 19-Feb-15 07:14:19

Kitty grin

loopylou Thu 19-Feb-15 08:25:58

Health warning:
Never, never, never try flea-combing a Ragdoll cat, especially if his name is Homer and he's a feline sociopath....
Am retreating here to nurse my wounds and enjoy a brew. DF owes me grin!

Lona Thu 19-Feb-15 10:22:39

I'm loving the new kitchen soop, the huge cake tin and the big squashy armchairs are a stroke of genius!
I'm just enjoying the sea view while sipping my coffee and nibbling on a big tiny slice of chocolate cake. I'm so easy to please smile

Anya Thu 19-Feb-15 10:55:29

Yes, a lovely extension soop

In celebration I've been practising on my trumpet for this occasion. Sadly cannot manage Bless this House, too many notes, so here goes with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (first two lines only I'm afraid)

# (closest I can get to a music emoticon)

Soutra Thu 19-Feb-15 11:02:39

"Home Sweet Home" Anya? Not too many notes in that, at least not the chorus!

Have I missed how macSporran got on in Oban?

Soutra Thu 19-Feb-15 11:10:04

PS virtual cake only for me from now on, did I tell you DD2 and partner got engaged 10 days ago and may get married this year, so a MOB weight loss is called for! Such encouraging and news though smile

Anya Thu 19-Feb-15 11:16:08

That's not in my Tune A Day Soutra

loopylou Thu 19-Feb-15 11:22:50

That's lovely news Soutra, how exciting smile

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion