Gransnet forums

Chat

A short recommendation

(13 Posts)
absentgrandma Thu 26-Feb-15 17:12:57

May I suggest in the light of the ongoing weeping and wailing discussions about being deprived of access to grandchilden that some of you take the time to read Dawn May's blog, Gran interrupted---one year on, and count your blessings

Anya Thu 26-Feb-15 17:20:13

shock

Riverwalk Thu 26-Feb-15 18:33:34

absent you're comparing apples with pears!

I might also 'weep and wail' if deprived of seeing my grandchildren but that wouldn't mean that I didn't count my blessing for being in good health.

absent Thu 26-Feb-15 18:35:41

Riverwalk I have not posted on this thread and am not comparing anything. I think you are replying to absentgrandma.

Coolgran65 Thu 26-Feb-15 19:53:00

absentgrandma I read that blog.
Unless I have misunderstood.....The difference is that gran interrupted still has contact, Skype contact and can send cards and gifts, and will visit. It is much different to be denied contact.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 26-Feb-15 20:40:35

Please do no mix absent up with this absentgrandma.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 26-Feb-15 20:41:26

The original post on this thread is just silly.

Ana Thu 26-Feb-15 20:50:57

I agree. Whatever problems we encounter in life there's always going to be someone with worse problems.

Having that pointed out, or knowing it, doesn't make our own situation any better and I don't see how such comparisons are helpful.

Tegan Thu 26-Feb-15 20:54:26

Agree with jingle confused.

sarah12345 Thu 26-Feb-15 21:08:54

I also agree with jingle and ana.

Galen Thu 26-Feb-15 21:36:31

Who was it that said 'comparisons are odious?'

rubylady Fri 27-Feb-15 05:11:38

We all, at some time, think that our lives are poo. But then, if you're like me, you weep a little, eat a little too much, sleep a little, feel sorry for yourself a little. Then you take a shower, wash it off, make something better for yourself to eat and pull up those boot straps and carry on.

But we are all entitled to feel like that from time to time because we have been through a lot by our ages. But we are all here to support each other and to see each other through the ups and downs, not to have a go at each other or to take a rise. I think we are all wonderful and we do a fantastic job on here for each other. May we continue being a strength to our fellow GNer come rain or shine. smile

PRINTMISS Fri 27-Feb-15 08:27:03

I agree Ruby, I don't post often, just say "hello" to everyone, but I do read the comments, and sometimes feel like saying "oh! get a life", but then again, some thing I think is small is obviously very important to others. This is a good place to let off steam or share a sadness - it is also a great place to share joys, which is really what it is all about isn't it?