Gransnet forums

Chat

The Idiot's done it again!!

(14 Posts)
kittylester Sun 01-Mar-15 18:33:31

Nothing hugely major this time but DD is really upset so I'm having a rant on here!

Since the Idiot had the children a fortnight ago, DD has successfully potty trained DGS2 (aged just 3) and we have had no accidents at all. Because his sister is only 14 months younger she has joined in. She walks around totally naked but, mostly, everything goes in the potty.

The Idiot had them this weekend and they have both come back wearing nappies as 'I didn't want any accidents while we were out and about!'

Result, two confused children and one upset DD! angry

loopylou Sun 01-Mar-15 18:41:40

Rant away kittyl, he clearly is gormless sad
wine wine wine needed..........

annsixty Sun 01-Mar-15 19:07:24

My DD rang today and although things aren't too bad between them her H had a go about how he "stays on top of the housework" at his new home unlike she did. I have to admit I had to bite my tongue as she isn't the tidyest person , just feeling the gloves are being loosening if not quite coming off.

Mishap Sun 01-Mar-15 19:13:28

This often happens when children are looked after by someone else - the potty training takes a little step backwards.

Actually I do not think that children do get so confused - they just think this is what we do at A's place and this is what we do at B's. They can be very adaptable.

Ana Sun 01-Mar-15 19:19:46

I agree.

If your DD tries to remain calm, kitty, and just explains to the children that they can only wear nappies when they're staying with Daddy (because Daddy hasn't got a potty, or whatever excuse you can think of!) then they'll probably accept that.

Men often haven't got the patience for potty-training anyway!

ninathenana Sun 01-Mar-15 19:56:58

Oh dear kitty sad useless article!

Anne58 Sun 01-Mar-15 22:20:40

Just a thought, and relating to the OP, do you think he ought to wear some sort of a mouth gag as "we don't want any talking absolute bollocks stuff and nonsense while we are out and about" ?

(Innocentfaceemoticon)

mcem Sun 01-Mar-15 23:09:01

kitty I've come to the conclusion that your family and mine actually share the same idiot and somehow he's leading a double life!!
DGS was reliably toilet-trained (by mummy of course) but one day when the idiot picked him up he demanded that he should be in a nappy. His reasoning - if he was taken by dad to the barber, and if he should have an accident then the barber wouldn't be able to use the chair for the rest of the day and would charge the idiot for loss of earnings!
He was told to skip the barber visit and DGS went off confidently wearing his 'big boy pants'.

kittylester Mon 02-Mar-15 06:50:08

No, mcem, they can't be the same one! Ours wouldn't do anything sensible and helpfullike going to the barber's. Ours would drop the children off with a lot of snide remarks implying that DGS's hair needed cutting! grin

Teetime Mon 02-Mar-15 09:18:47

My mother used to do the reverse of this she was forever trying to potty train grandchildren before they were ready too cope with it and then complain about accidents in her house.

POGS Mon 02-Mar-15 09:49:16

Kitty

That's beyond b----y annoying!

Our 'idiot' has started to 'selectively' loose track of time and if he says he will pick DGD up at say 5 he will be there at 6. Poor little love is left waiting and get's frustrated. He was asked to buy her a pair of wellies for taking her out in the fields, he had lost the others, nope, he just ruined her new best shoes. IDIOT!

FarNorth Mon 02-Mar-15 09:57:01

annsixty why didn't your DD's H help to keep on top of the housework when they were together?
It's probably quite easy for him now if he's on his own in a new place.

annsixty Mon 02-Mar-15 10:45:29

Good question FarNorth but to be fair he works in London and would be on the train at 6.30 and often not home until 8.30 and weekends were taken up with Rugby and other "hobbies" so it was no surprise to us that the marriage failed.My DD referred to herself often as a single married woman.

rubylady Tue 03-Mar-15 00:33:44

I agree FarNorth I could have kept on top of the housework for the last 30 years if I hadn't had children going around undoing what I had just done and my DS still doing it at nearly 18! He should have got the duster out while they were together.

As for the potty training, if someone else's children came to mine, like DGC, I probably would have had them in nappies while with me, not only for accidents at my house but also so that they did not get upset if they did do an accident if they were engrossed in something we were doing. Your DD has all the summer to get both children trained so I wouldn't worry too much. It's not that big a deal really in my opinion. I would worry about far bigger things than this as they grow up. smile