Gransnet forums

Chat

--amazing-- astonishing father

(20 Posts)
ninathenana Sat 28-Mar-15 09:17:20

DGS was 3 on Thursday. His father came to collect him last night. Did he bring his son a present or even mention his son's birthday? No, but he proudly showed DD his new tattoo with DGS name and d.o.b.
Words fail me !!

ninathenana Sat 28-Mar-15 09:19:16

Why don't the actions work in titles, and why don't I remember that confused

vampirequeen Sat 28-Mar-15 09:25:34

Self centred git man

rosequartz Sat 28-Mar-15 09:40:55

Is he just completely thick or self-obsessed and egotistical?

Elegran Sat 28-Mar-15 09:43:50

Or all three?

Mishap Sat 28-Mar-15 09:45:40

How you manage to bite your tongue and not tear him off a strip I do not know! We need a medal icon!

Nonnie Sat 28-Mar-15 09:55:24

Thank goodness they are not all like that.

glammanana Sat 28-Mar-15 10:01:43

Pity he didn't get his forehead tattooed with the appropriate name he deserves put across the front,how stupid are these men so full of their own importance.

Nelliemoser Sat 28-Mar-15 10:06:03

Your DD is well shot of him methinks. It possibly makes you and his mum feel more upset on his behalf than the lad himself feels at his current age but as he gets older he will really feel rejected.
How on earth do men not think of these things. A hand drawn card would have been better than nothing.

TerriBull Sat 28-Mar-15 10:21:38

Getting tattoos of child/ren's names and dob isn't a selfless act on behalf of the child, it speaks volumes about the parent, strange sort of "look at me, I'm a parent now and to prove it, I've had this indelible mark with my offspring's name and dob" wow! or maybe they do it cos they fear they may get dementia and forget who they have sired or in a woman's case given birth to hmm Self indulgent gesture if ever there was one!

KatyK Sat 28-Mar-15 10:33:25

Sometimes they astonish me with their me, me, me attitude.

ninathenana Sat 28-Mar-15 10:36:00

glammanana that really made me and DD laugh out loud

Nonnie Sat 28-Mar-15 11:23:08

Nellie DiL didn't appreciate a handmade card which DS and his boys spent ages making! I think she thought he was too mean to buy a card.

Nelliemoser Sat 28-Mar-15 11:53:12

Nonnie she sounds very fussy. I always get a card from my now 2yr old DGS either scrawled at nursery or with his mum and I love them. The children when they are older enjoy making them and most mums and grans like getting them.

Nonnie Sat 28-Mar-15 11:58:24

No Nellie not fussy, just nasty! I prefer a card they have put lots of effort into. Anyone can just go out and buy one.

petallus Sat 28-Mar-15 13:25:01

DD had a tattoo with her sons' names in it!

I hadn't thought of it as a sign of her self importance and look at me attitude. She is a very fond and loving mother to her four children.

Mmm!

ninathenana Sat 28-Mar-15 13:36:28

It's not the tattoo itself petallus it's that he obviously remembers DGS birthday but thought having the tattoo showed more love than buying his son a present.
I'm sure your DD shows her children affection in lots of ways. Which he never does.

petallus Sat 28-Mar-15 13:40:04

Yes, I see the difference now smile

rosequartz Sun 29-Mar-15 18:18:55

And the irony of it would presumably be lost on him, ninathenana

ninathenana Mon 30-Mar-15 00:17:35

Latest on this is he had his sons over night Friday. He took them to Lakeside and when he dropped them off at mine the oldest was wearing an iron man suit from the Disney Store ( receipt for £23.65) he'd bought him, plus some Sun glasses and a comic.
The one who's birthday it was had................

Nothing !!!