Gransnet forums

Chat

I'm not tired yet

(6 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Sun 29-Mar-15 23:35:16

And it's gone bedtime. sad

Why do they have to mess about with the clocks? Haven't the farmers got floodlights these days? hmm

ninathenana Sun 29-Mar-15 23:48:20

Why do you have a bed time jings ? I go to bed when I'm tired. Be that 10pm or 1am

absent Mon 30-Mar-15 06:18:27

That's why the clocks change in the early hours of Sunday morning – it makes little difference what time most people get up, although it can be a pain for policeman, nurses, shift workers etc.

Grannyknot Mon 30-Mar-15 08:18:48

absent no matter when they change the clocks, it makes a difference to my body clock e.g. this morning I woke up at 7 a.m. as usual but it's actually 8 a.m. so I had to scurry (I go for a walk with an elderly neighbour at 8:30).

I read yesterday that 80% of the planet don't change clocks, so the UK must get with the programme!

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 30-Mar-15 09:27:46

It would be good if we were in line with the rest of Europe. Don't understand really why we are not.

Absent you introduce a revelation every day.

hildajenniJ Mon 30-Mar-15 10:28:33

Did you know that giving the farmers extra daylight was a propaganda excercise? Daylight saving was actually introduced by Germany at the outbreak of the First World War as an energy saver. It had nothing at all to do with the farmers. Why we still carry on with it, I have no idea. Why don't we just keep Greenwich mean time all year?