Gransnet forums

Chat

Memorable April Fool?

(39 Posts)
absent Wed 01-Apr-15 05:31:35

Today is my wedding anniversary. Says it all. grin

Grannyknot Wed 01-Apr-15 06:43:24

My husband's birthday! grin He endures the inevitable jokes with patience every year. smile

Soutra Wed 01-Apr-15 07:08:01

No personal memories but I still chuckle at the TV "spaghetti harvest" one. Anyone able to Google it and post a link?

Leticia Wed 01-Apr-15 07:14:51

It is my son's birthday and so I have always played it right down.
The spaghetti harvest one was good.

Coolgran65 Wed 01-Apr-15 07:15:44

Just told DH that there is snow outside. No there isn't.
He is golfing today. smile

NfkDumpling Wed 01-Apr-15 07:30:28

All Fools Day was always a day of dread for me at school and I fear it's stuck. I loathe practical jokes and prefer to ignore the day. Previous pranks when I've been 'got' are buried deep in the Forget It drawer!

NfkDumpling Wed 01-Apr-15 08:27:14

Mind you, I like the post Springwatch has put on Facebook!

petallus Wed 01-Apr-15 08:30:31

There's a really amusing Jeremy Clarkson spoof in the Guardian. I didn't realise it was a fool until half way through the article.

baubles Wed 01-Apr-15 08:34:27

here you go Soutra grin

Funnygran Wed 01-Apr-15 08:49:44

Snow wouldn't be an April Fool up North, Coolgran65. I'm sitting looking at the last of yesterday's hail and sleet on the grass and definitely wouldn't want to play golf today.
When I was about 13, the whole class decided to play an April Fool on a teacher we didn't like very much and all turned our desks round before she came in. (So childish)! She never made any comment and proceeded to teach the back of our heads until we gave in and turned round again!

Jane10 Wed 01-Apr-15 09:01:19

I once sent a memo round our team saying that it had been decided to wear Aertex blouses as uniform and could people please send their sizes and preferred colours to personnel. Worked a treat. People were outraged, boss and union contacted. Luckily they knew it was an April fool.
DH was told every year to contact a Mr Fox and the zoos number given. Fell for it every time.
Must rush - 1st April always busy day for me. Wonder how I can fool the DGSs!

Pittcity Wed 01-Apr-15 09:13:07

Gransnet, Mumsnet and Google have done well this year.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 01-Apr-15 09:36:43

Gransnet one? tbuconfused

Where is it?!

Elegran Wed 01-Apr-15 09:48:57

Try the gardens chat on the front page

AshTree Wed 01-Apr-15 09:51:32

There was a teacher at our school who always cringed at squeaky chalk, it just set her teeth on edge. So on April Fools Day someone brought some clear, quick-drying glue in and we all coated the chalk with it - even went into the store cupboard and removed all the boxes of chalk except two and coated every stick in those two boxes with glue too.

We kept all the chalk hidden in our desks, drying, until she was due to teach us. (This was in the days, you understand, when the pupils stayed put and the teachers moved around from classroom to classroom, not the other way round as they do today.)

It worked a treat, every stick squeaking away like crazy. Great fun!

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 01-Apr-15 10:09:30

That'll teach me to come straight to Actives. hmm Ta Elegran.

MrsEggy Wed 01-Apr-15 10:10:29

Look at the Dyfi Osprey FB page grin

rosequartz Wed 01-Apr-15 10:10:56

I told DD there was snow outside and she said ha ha pull the other one - but there was snow!
I remember many years ago a friend and I were staying with a French family on April 1st. We started to explain about the British custom of practical jokes and they were astonished. Maman and the older children were most intrigued and kept us up late telling them all about it, and the younger ones gradually yawned and went off to bed.
When friend and I went to bed we found our beds had disappeared.
Poisson D'Avril!

Elegran Wed 01-Apr-15 10:19:48

A few I have seen.

tartan paint roller

blunder at new Forth bridge

Longleat protects visitors' cars

forget the owl cafe

rosequartz Wed 01-Apr-15 10:20:35

petallus the Guardian one lol

annodomini Wed 01-Apr-15 10:40:42

Elegran, have you been up all night combing the net for April fools spoofs?

Nonnie Wed 01-Apr-15 10:53:43

When I worked at Royal Mail HQ we had a great one based on post codes (not long after the came in) all about us each having a personal one. It went on for about 2 pages and was very clever.

A couple of years ago when it was on Friday, the day our local paper comes out, the front page was all about a plan for people to collect a bucket of earth each on their way up the biggest hill and dump it at the peak in order to add the few extra feet to make it a mountain.

shysal Wed 01-Apr-15 11:24:06

That's Life with Esther Rantzen. A Lirpa Loof at the zoo, complete with purple poo.
Lirpa Loof

Nelliemoser Wed 01-Apr-15 11:35:36

www.sinfinimusic.com/uk/features/news/pitch-standardisation-april-2015

Nelliemoser Wed 01-Apr-15 11:42:42

Where is garden chat on the front page?? Help me out here please!