Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's Kindly Kitcheners

(1000 Posts)
soop Mon 13-Apr-15 09:32:19

Here we are again. Happy as can be. All good friends and jolly good company. Hoorah! flowers wine sunshine smile

annsixty Mon 13-Apr-15 09:36:28

A good morning to all and a lovely new venue to be kind in.sunshine

annsixty Mon 13-Apr-15 09:39:54

Soop should have added my DD has chosen her kittens. She sent me photos and they are adorable, sorry but I can't add photos being a techno numpty. And they were via her phone so not all that clear definition.

kittylester Mon 13-Apr-15 09:59:48

Morning all!! A very good heading soop, if I might say so! flowers

Champagne to launch the new venue, I think! wine

I do hope Galen finds her way here. I have sent a few hunky young men to search for her so I hope she makes it without too many distractions.

Hopefully those kitcheners with ailing husbands will manage to find the venue too and let us know how things are with them.

Grannybug Mon 13-Apr-15 10:02:00

Hello everyone. What a nice place to be smile.

Galen Mon 13-Apr-15 10:02:03

Shyly pokes head round door.
Is it safe here?
I'm being pursued by hunky young men ! (I wish)

AlieOxon Mon 13-Apr-15 10:13:15

Mornin all. Sorry I haven't been around lately but this certainly is a nice new kitchen.
I would love some brew thanks....and this box is a contribution of flapjack.. and some flowers for decoration.

kittylester Mon 13-Apr-15 10:22:47

Bring 'em in and lock the door Galen!!

whenim64 Mon 13-Apr-15 10:24:02

Morning, peeps! smile Love the heading, soop. It's good to have a welcoming place to come and relax in.

Nelliemoser Mon 13-Apr-15 10:27:59

Good morning. I have just popped in to see the new premises. It's all looking very nice in here.
Is there any man you would like us to invite, Galen?

soop Mon 13-Apr-15 10:28:30

Galen...you, my dear have made our day. It would not be the same without you. Perfect! I'm chuffed to bits. The bubbly is being chilled. We'll pop the cork later this morning. wine

Lona Mon 13-Apr-15 10:33:47

Good morning all, Galen, I hope you're going to share these young hunks, I could do with one with my champers! wink

I've brought a huge lemon drizzle cake to share too, I know it's a favourite in the kitchen.

sunshine

soop Mon 13-Apr-15 11:24:39

Bring it in, Lona today's feast and bubbly is most definitely calorie free. Let us indulge. We may have to share the hunky young man men that no doubt will be trailing after Galen.

Please form an orderly queue...let us all do our best to appear to be laydees. wink

Galen Mon 13-Apr-15 11:41:54

Why?

Lona Mon 13-Apr-15 11:43:23

Galen I like the way you always ask the right questions! grin

Bellasnana Mon 13-Apr-15 11:47:21

You lot have brought a grin to my face. It is a beautiful, sunny day here and we have just been to register our little DGD at the local school. We were pleasantly surprised by the set up there and hope she will settle in happily. She starts on Wednesday so we have bought her uniform and very cute she looks in it, bless her.

Yes please, a brew and a slice of lemon drizzle would go down nicely, thanks smile

ffinnochio Mon 13-Apr-15 11:56:14

....and here's a jug full of japonica branches for the kitchen table.

I've just come in from a beautiful walk along the lanes, and it's good to pop in here to say 'hi' to you kindly lot. sunshine

janerowena Mon 13-Apr-15 12:14:12

What a lovely title! grin

I shall be very 'laydeelike' - at first. Although apparently I have a 'filthy cackle' that gives my true self away. sad

Yes, what a beautiful morning. My beautiful magnolia survived the ground frost for yet another day, we both race to the bedroom window first think in the morning to see what colour it is, creamy pink or mid brown!

DBH wants more garden for a butterfly and bee area, so I am digging out zillions of purple and mauve flowers and desperately trying to find homes for them elsewhere. We have a big garden, but not all of it is ready to take plants and I am having trouble with accommodating a large blue hibiscus and a tree peony, and a mauve hydrangea. I shall probably have to weave my way around my village later to various friends, with my trusty wheelbarrow.

POGS Mon 13-Apr-15 12:19:15

soop

' THE GREATEST THING YOU'LL EVER LEARN IS JUST TO LOVE AND BE LOVED IN RETURN'

You certainly have learnt that lesson well dear soop , as Soops Kindly Kitchen will continue to prove.

X

loopylou Mon 13-Apr-15 12:32:50

Hello everyone!
What a peaceful haven this is! Just been for a trek around Richmond Park, deer-spotting and indulging in coffee and croissants at the Pembroke Lodge, all very civilised. Now I need to rest my aching legs.......and have a restorative latte.
DGS has more or less got over chickenpox so he's gone to Nursery and I'm going to be tidying up their flat and cooking tea for their return later. Hopefully I won't be summoned to collect DGS in the meantime grin
We did Battersea Children's Zoo yesterday, plenty to keep children amused, and great fun!

Charleygirl Mon 13-Apr-15 13:19:08

I have had a morning from hell- what have I done to deserve it? I wakened at 7am eager to catch up with washing before I went to meet friends for coffee.

No electricity, the main fuse had blown. I fiddled and farted around but no joy. I went to see my friends, came home and rang the electrician who only left here on Friday. By then of course my fridge/freezer and phone were telling me that they were short of electricity. He was so good and talked me through everything and we established that my lovely kettle had died. I have just returned from Currys with a new one and this one works.

I wanted a cheapish white kettle but on the whole i could choose any colour as long as it was chrome. I did find a white Philips kettle which saves energy and this one will boil water for one mug only if required. I need a lie down I think.

Ariadne Mon 13-Apr-15 13:22:42

Hello, everyone - love the heading, soop. Have brought the second chocolate fudge cake that I forgot to defreeze for the various grandchildren last week....

moomin Mon 13-Apr-15 13:32:04

Yes the perfect heading for a place of refuge from the toils and troubles of ... well anything. I shall have a small flute if champers to regain my energy from the trek around the shops trying on bras, very trying! Might have enough energy for one of Galen's young men though wink Now it's the hound's turn for some exercise, so must away. Here's hoping the Kitchen remains a place of peace and harmony

Charleygirl Mon 13-Apr-15 13:41:23

I have a suspicious feeling that Galen is keeping these men to herself and will not share.

I also love the heading soop. No doubt it will be lost on one or two but we will rally together and let these folk know that this is a peaceful place and we intend to keep it as such.

whitewave Mon 13-Apr-15 14:25:50

I haven't been feeling very peaceful or kindly this past hour. I have started and ripped out a baby pattern 5 times now - simply can't get it right so have given up and started what seems to be an easier one. I HATE being beaten.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion