Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Sat 25-Apr-15 06:47:17

Good Morning Everyone,
its grey overcast and windy here in Brackley , are we on verge of part 2 of the winter conditions?
Mick

nannotgran Sat 25-Apr-15 07:10:01

Raining in north essex this morning we have not had rain for weeks and guess where I'm going to today Hampton Court gardens
enjoy your day and fingers crossed I do as well

Pittcity Sat 25-Apr-15 07:35:59

Grey and rainy in Colchester. I have looked at the forecast and we are not due to see the sun again until Tuesday. Does the weather know that it is the weekend?
We have DGS1 staying tonight, so it's hot chocolate and jigsaws instead of outdoor games.

daffydil Sat 25-Apr-15 07:56:24

Good morning everyone.
Essex is already well represented here this morning. The weather is the same in mid Essex, pretty dreary. Still I hope you enjoy your outing to Hampton Court nannotgran*.

hildajenniJ Sat 25-Apr-15 08:02:22

Good morning everyone.
Wet start to the day in Northumberland.
Let's hope it dries up by this afternoon, the dog has to go to the grooming parlour. She doesn't like walking in the rain!

PRINTMISS Sat 25-Apr-15 08:07:19

Good morning to you all, it rained recently, but the sky is brightening now, although I believe the forecast is for more ran later. Be desperately need it, the garden is rock hard, and I am trying to get some seeds in for late flowering. Off to do teas today for the bowls club. Only means laying out the tables and making tea - biscuits are the order of the day for friendly get-togethers Enjoy your days.

Lona Sat 25-Apr-15 08:19:53

Good morning netters. Its dull but warm here although rain is expected later.

I'm having one of those weeks where I keep doing odd things that make me feel as though I'm losing the plot!
You know...... going to bed and leaving the front door open ..... then doing it again the next night!

hmm confused

annsixty Sat 25-Apr-15 08:20:07

Good morning all.
Dull and cooler here in Stockport with no better promised for tomorrow. It must be so disappointing for those working all week and children stuck in classrooms.
No plans at all for today, no change there then.!!

Brendawymms Sat 25-Apr-15 08:28:06

Morning everyone. At sea somewhere between Greece and Sicily. Our next stop and penaltimate one is Cartagena in Spain. One week and we will be home.
Warm but chilly wind now.

Lona Sat 25-Apr-15 08:31:22

Spoke too soon! It's peeing down now!
[grumpy]

annsixty Sat 25-Apr-15 08:31:29

Still sounds lovely Brenda what a lot you have seen.
I hope kitty isn't still stuck at the bottom of that lock.grin

ninathenana Sat 25-Apr-15 08:51:59

Morning all.

Rain overnight here in N Kent and more to come later looking at the sky. Quiet breezy too.

Yesterday turned out well 20c sunshine in the afternoon. That ain't happening!!

Nelliemoser Sat 25-Apr-15 09:04:02

Good Morning. not raining here yet.
Lona you are not hr only one. When I finished my shopping yesterday I put the trolley back in the pen.

As I walked off I pointed my car key at the trolley and clicked it. What I should have done was to take out the coin, I did realise in time and retreived it. I just hope nobody I know saw me

rubysong Sat 25-Apr-15 09:08:13

Morning all. Overcast here in Cornwall and a little rain over night but I have put the washing out. Church photocopying, gardening, history group this evening.

Marmight Sat 25-Apr-15 09:15:37

I have been home from Oz for 14 days and this is the first, much needed, rain since I arrived, but it can now stop please and revert to glorious sunshine

ginny Sat 25-Apr-15 09:29:07

Rain here this morning in N.Bucks but the sky is clearing now.

Family visitors coming for the weekend.

DD3 and SIL will be home from their honeymoon and will be collecting their two dogs who have been staying with us. So there will be much excitement.

AlieOxon Sat 25-Apr-15 10:05:22

Lona and Nellie I've done similar things...the other night I went to bed and left a downstairs window open!
Luckily my subconscious woke me at 3 am.....

AlieOxon Sat 25-Apr-15 10:07:18

Today I hope my grandson (14) will come and sort out my new monitor - I have tried but couldn't get it and the computer to talk to each other. Now having hurt my back I can't even lift it.

harrigran Sat 25-Apr-15 11:02:08

Good morning, it is grey and it is raining. Yesterday I was out in a T shirt bird watching and needed sun cream, not much chance of catching the sun today.

kittylester Sat 25-Apr-15 11:26:03

Morning all - well, it's actually afternoon here in Arles!

We did get out of the lock ! But it is really dull and miserable here! We had a fabulous walking tour this morning and saw lots places where van Gogh painted his most famous paintings!!

This afternoon we are going to the Pont du Gard, thankfully on a coach as me feet are killing me!!

harrigran Sat 25-Apr-15 11:47:43

kitty envy I love Arles but it needs the sun to be shining. Pont du Gard is impressive but I think they have stopped people from walking across the top. Twenty odd years ago I watched French families traipsing across in their flip flops shock Enjoy smile

loopylou Sat 25-Apr-15 12:43:50

Good afternoon everyone, just spent the morning doing shopping, visiting my parents, then my sister, bought flea shampoo to de-flea visiting dog (again!), hung out the washing, bathed aforesaid dog, now having a coffee and ironing next.
No rain yet, better weather than I'd expected, but certainly need the rain.
Have a lovely weekend everyone smile