Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(25 Posts)
12Michael Sun 03-May-15 06:23:31

Good Morning Everyone,
Its wet and windy here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

NfkDumpling Sun 03-May-15 06:29:16

Morning All

A bit damp here this morning. Real bank holiday weather. I hope DD1 and her family didn't have too bad a night - their first camping in their new Huge tent. Sometimes small is good - and warmer!

Have a happy Sunday everyone.

Pippa000 Sun 03-May-15 06:29:44

A cool 18 degrees here in Cyprus, but looking like rain. It is the last day of the bank holiday, here they celebrate the actual day, so that was Friday. Preparing to fly home for a couple of weeks, getting all the washing done. Enjoy Sunday everyone.

ninathenana Sun 03-May-15 07:53:35

Morning all.
A very dull (lights on) grey damp day here in N Kent.
It's forecast to stay the same sad I hope your outlook is better.

kittylester Sun 03-May-15 08:04:22

Morning all!

Pickling down here in North Leicestershire this morning and it looks set to last! So my plans to garden will come to nothing, I suspect! I'll investigate new household insurance instead, I think, as our current policy has gone up 20%! shock. I have such an exciting life! grin

Enjoy your Sundays everyone! sunshine

kittylester Sun 03-May-15 08:04:55

Morning all!

Pickling down here in North Leicestershire this morning and it looks set to last! So my plans to garden will come to nothing, I suspect! I'll investigate new household insurance instead, I think, as our current policy has gone up 20%! shock. I have such an exciting life! grin

Enjoy your Sundays everyone! sunshine

kittylester Sun 03-May-15 08:05:38

Oops blush

loopylou Sun 03-May-15 08:11:52

Good morning smile
Decidedly soggy here, gardening not on the agenda today so will catch up on all the chores I've been avoiding.

Hope the weather bucks up pdq sunshine

Dsim1948 Sun 03-May-15 08:17:01

Good morning from the fylde coast, no chance by the look of the weather out their that I will be taking my bucket and spade to the beach today,������ not to worry maybe tommorow ha , meanwhile I will go and have a good old cuppa and try to join in gransnet a bit more I'm interested in all topics can't stay to long as the hands n fingers will cease up one of these days..lol. Bfn have a good day everyone.xx��

Pittcity Sun 03-May-15 08:38:06

Good morning from a dismal wet Colchester. Supposed to be 18 degrees here later? Gardening plans are off. Just roast chicken to look forward to today.

daffydil Sun 03-May-15 09:04:59

Dreary in Chelmsford too with no break in the grey skies. Visit this afternoon from DS and DDIL who have just returned from holiday so it will be good to catch up in their news.
Hope everyone enjoys their day.

whitewave Sun 03-May-15 09:16:05

P...g down here, hoping the dog will wait until it dries up a bit.

Dsim1948 Sun 03-May-15 09:37:31

Good morning wet n cool here on the fylde coast weather supposedly to change to sunny ...ha can't wait maybe I will get to the beach sometime today. Meanwhile I will try to keep busy I will be treating myself to a little budgie on Friday I could get it today but it is not ready for sale until friday��feeling excited I've not had one for yrs �� so I will keep busy and get his /or hers little house ready /cage go buy some food a little fake budgie for company and of course cuttlefish and little bell ..ha ha bet I sound like a silly old fool ..not really just love to chat and listen to all manner of subjects and things.Ok I will shut up and give someone else chance to chat . Do have a nice day everyone.����

hildajenniJ Sun 03-May-15 09:39:39

Good morning everyone.
Wet, wet, wet in Northumberland. What more need I say! Roast leg of lamb for lunch. That will cheer us up. Meat is limited in this household these days due to DH having hypertension. Enjoy the day, whatever the weather.

Dsim1948 Sun 03-May-15 09:54:18

Good morning Hildajennij Much the same here on the f/coast not having or had a Sunday roast for about 2yrs now since I went on a health kick I'm more into stir fry veg meat and some noodles brown rice Sunday lunch,that was until I found out a new restaraunt pub is soon to open very close to home which serves as a car very too that will put a stop to stir fry Sundays lol lol.Enjoy your lunch.��

durhamjen Sun 03-May-15 09:59:00

At least you haven't signed up for the Sunderland 10k or half marathon which will be starting in 2 minutes, hilda.

Grannybug Sun 03-May-15 10:02:19

Good morning everyone from a wet and grey East Northants. No gardening today so plenty of reading or crafting on the agenda. Hope you all enjoy Sunday.

Greyduster Sun 03-May-15 10:49:10

Good morning, folks! Very wet here in S. Yorks, but hoping it will brighten this afternoon. DH and DS have just left for a football match and I HAVE THE HOUSE TO MYSELF for a few hours! How good is that? All the family will be here for lunch this afternoon. Off to play the piano now, while no-one to criticise!

Grannybug Sun 03-May-15 11:19:40

Enjoy grey-dustersmile

PRINTMISS Sun 03-May-15 12:50:07

Well, I missed the morning bit, but it was a dreadful wet one here, and it is now brightening up. I was supposed to be playing bowls this p.m. ladies versus men, but have cancelled due to a recurrence of divirticulitis (that is the wrong spelling I know, but it deserves that, wretched nuisance). Heard that my lovely grand-daughter has been promoted at work, she has earned that. I am going to have a lovely afternoon, I plan to get the other half to take me to the beach - that's when he wakes up. he has been listening to the gardening programme on radio (never gardens!), and has promptly taken to the arm chair. Ah! Well. Enjoy the rest of your days everyone.

baubles Sun 03-May-15 12:59:40

A decidedly dreich day here sad
DS set off this morning to walk the West Highland Way over the next 4 days or so. I do hope the weather improves so that he can at least have a dry tent.

Marmight Sun 03-May-15 13:39:24

Horrendous day here. The wind blew all last night, the rain lashed, the sea is a horrible grey and choppy and it's very cold and drafty and it is not much better now, so I stayed in bed until mid day shock something I haven't done in years, unless I was unwell. There didn't seem much point in getting up just to watch the weather!

loopylou Sun 03-May-15 13:43:24

Very sensible Marmight!
I'm pootling around getting nothing done quickly, weather is warmer here but every time I venture out the back door it starts raining again so am going to indulge myself and curl up in my chair with a book, the last bits of Easter egg, a coffee and give up! smile

Marmight Sun 03-May-15 13:45:34

grin

dustyangel Sun 03-May-15 13:54:23

It's cloudy here, still warm though and the sun is struggling to get through.
The bank holiday is on the day in Portugal as well Pippa and very little opens. Back to normal on Saturday and today is Mothers Day which is nice.

Might go to a garden center later. Despite planning a garden that needs very little water we never can resist the bright annuals when they come out. My DH is stuck to an armchair too, there's football on. grin

I hope you feel better soon PRINTMISS. flowers