Gransnet forums

Chat

Oh no, it isn't.....!!

(16 Posts)
Katek Mon 25-May-15 10:05:53

We're holding Panto auditions on Wednesday....theory being that everyone can then learn lines before we go into rehearsal in September. (Theories don't always work!) Casting is going to be an absolute nightmare though, with adolescent prima donnas thinking they're better than they are. I'm also trying to write songs - currently stuck on a parody of a parody for the finale. Need 6 lines to finish it!

vampirequeen Mon 25-May-15 11:56:05

OMG sounds like you've got your hands full.

AshTree Mon 25-May-15 12:01:18

Good luck with all that! Are we going to have a glimpse of the parody of a parody when you've finished it?

Katek Mon 25-May-15 12:34:05

Hmm. I could have Disney and the Fox network after me for copyright issues!

ninathenana Mon 25-May-15 12:39:20

Which panto kateK ? I love am-dram

Nelliemoser Mon 25-May-15 12:44:30

Eat your heart out Linda Snell!
What are the lines that go before?
I am sure GN could write them between us.

Katek Mon 25-May-15 13:46:25

Beauty and the Beast Nina....did Peter Pan last year. Will copy lines over that I'm rewriting Nellie, all contributions gratefully received! Song I'm rewriting is based around Mr Burns (Simpsons) 'See My Vest' which is s parody of 'Be Our Guest' from Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Turning it into finale number on lines of 'Goodbye Our Guests'. Did version of 'Let it Go' (Frozen) last year entitled 'Time to Go'!

HildaW Mon 25-May-15 15:24:11

How jolly organised Katek....our 'Director' usually finally gets something down on paper by the October half term....with amendments added as and when. We then perform 2nd or 3rd week in December.

Our mantra is that we have such low expectations, as do our audience, that we somehow manage to make a success of it.

I always feel like the character in Shakespeare in Love played by Geoffrey Rush....'somehow it all works out in the end'

HildaW Mon 25-May-15 15:25:10

P.S. apart from a mad 'jig' at the end, ours is a strictly no singing/dancing effort that we keep to a manageable 40 minutes duration.

Wheniwasyourage Mon 25-May-15 19:15:04

The thing about Linda Snell used to be (haven't listened regularly for years, so I may be out of date) that she would start rehearsals in December for the Christmas pantomime. We always thought that only a bunch of professional actors could think that that was likely!

Iam64 Tue 26-May-15 07:42:45

What a jolly thread Katek - it will be great to have updates

Katek Tue 26-May-15 10:23:01

if anyone wants to see/hear what I'm trying to rewrite just google 'See My Vest' you tube. Can't get link to work.

Elegran Mon 01-Jun-15 23:32:24

Did you get my pm with a bit of verse for your music, katek ?

Elegran Mon 01-Jun-15 23:41:52

In case you didn't, I'll copy it here.

Some folk do their shows for glory
Some in hopes of lots of loot
But we hope we told a story,
Entertained you, made you hoot.

You've been our guests
Our welcome guests
While we gave it absolutely all our best.

Was our singing really bringing
Such applause? (we heard it ringing)

Were are dancers and our prancers
Neat and quick? (and not just chancers)

Hope our joking wasn't poking
Too much fun at …...?? -oking

Were our costumes bright and cheery?
Did we speak our parts out clearly?
Was our acting real enough to make you cheer?

It's been fun and now its done
Now every pun has had its run
Will you see us all again this time next year?

Goodbye our guests
Goodbye dear guests
We gave it absolutely all our best.
Goodbye our guests
Goodbye dear guests
We gave it absolutely all our best.

Katek Tue 02-Jun-15 10:27:27

I did Elegran and pm'd you....so sorry if it hasn't arrived with you, I wasn't ignoring you, honestly. flowers Abs love what you've written and will be blending yours/mine together. You will be given full credit in programme! Eat your heart out Rodgers and Hammerstein!

Elegran Tue 02-Jun-15 10:48:08

No, I've not received it. I'll go and comb through past pms in case I missed it. I listened to the You-tube of the Vest but the rhythm of it was very confused. I couldn't get where the tune repeated, so it may not scan very well. I am sure yours will be much better, you have past form on pantos. I don't mind about program billing - leave me out if you like, I am not after lasting fame!