Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Fri 29-May-15 06:18:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey and windy here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

loopylou Fri 29-May-15 06:50:38

Good morning, cool and grey here too.
Forecasts don't look too good either and it's June on Monday!

PRINTMISS Fri 29-May-15 07:19:57

Good morning to you all, grey and overcast here. We were promised rain overnight so I did not water the plants - no rain! Think we might get the rain later this morning it looks like it. Enjoy your days.

Sheena Fri 29-May-15 07:25:50

Good morning all from Surrey..it's grey here too, and according to the forecast yesterday evening we are in for some torrential rain...oh dear ! Guess I'll put that trip off to the garden centre then hmm . Have a good Friday everyone.

ninathenana Fri 29-May-15 07:34:16

Morning all

Ditto weather.

Asda with both DGS today.......fun !

hildajenniJ Fri 29-May-15 07:41:10

Good morning everyone.
Overcast and raining steadily here in Northumberland. My OH is on holiday this week and wants to go out for the day. I'm not too keen on the idea, even if it is indoors.
Whatever your weather, have a lovely day.

Brendawymms Fri 29-May-15 07:45:37

Good morning everyone. Grey here also with the rain not due to arrive here until this afternoon at the time the new carpet comes also.
Hopefully the builders will take all their stuff away soon and we can get back to normal.

nannotgran Fri 29-May-15 07:47:17

Not too bad this morning I think the sun is behind the clouds but we to are promised rain for today here in north essex
So excited have a Jenny wren's nest in my garden
Enjoy your day

whenim64 Fri 29-May-15 08:27:44

Morning, everyone. Lashing it down here in south Manchester - think monsoon! grin i'm going to have to venture out in this soon, so hope I don't have to paddle to my car.

Stansgran Fri 29-May-15 08:39:38

Grey grey day in Durham. And cold. And I have a cold. And DH has decided to paint a cross on the door.

kittylester Fri 29-May-15 09:02:18

Morning all!

It's pouring here in North Leicestershirej and I have quite a bit of shopping to do before I go out for lunch - looking like a drowned rat , no doubt! sad

Enjoy your days everyone! sunshine

J52 Fri 29-May-15 09:06:41

Hi Kitty and everyone. kitty, at least the rain is good for the garden. The water butt was almost empty! Off out as well, hair will frizz! x

vegasmags Fri 29-May-15 09:33:50

When - you may have to have that canoe on standby! Manchester is definitely living up to its reputation this morning. I've just been to my local Tesco and half the car park is under deep water. A friend of mine who regularly walks her golden retriever in Tatton Park says that on days like this, the car park attendant says to her "I bet you wish you'd gone in for a cat now, don't you?"

whenim64 Fri 29-May-15 09:43:57

Vegas yes, my dog is perilously close to being swapped for a moggie after her antics this morning. She's been standing at the open back door, avoiding going in the garden, but as soon as I put her lead on to take her to daycare she leapt in and out of puddles and muddy leaves before being lifted into the car, where she proceeded to shake mud, water and soggy leaves all over me and the car. When I complained I got that withering 'whatever' look! grin

ShowerGel Fri 29-May-15 10:10:51

It's just a light drizzle here (Cheshire) - now why am I thinking of cake?

Grannybug Fri 29-May-15 10:39:46

Good morning all from a grey, wet and windy East Northants. Hope you all enjoy Friday.

Judthepud2 Fri 29-May-15 10:44:14

Good morning all. Woke up to blue skies in Co. Down this morning but the weather has broken down into heavy showers. Not as bad a yesterday's wintry day but still very cold wind.

We are heading to the Mourne mountains for the weekend so hope it picks up. Trying to decide on an alternative route to avoid the Irish Open Golf tournament congestion!!

And DD and DGSs have decided to join us. You can run......but you can't hide wink