Gransnet forums

Chat

Ring tones

(32 Posts)
shysal Sat 30-May-15 09:01:47

I like a telephone to sound like a telephone, so both my mobile and land line have variations of normal 'ring-ring' tones.
What tones or music do you have on yours?

Elegran Sat 30-May-15 09:14:14

Different tones for different categories - family, friends, medical contacts. Oh, and one that sounds like a cat mewing for a couple of catty grin friends - but I forgot that was what I had allocated them, and spent some time looking for the poor moggy that must be trapped somewhere in the house.

rubysong Sat 30-May-15 09:19:17

The 'real telephone' tone is very popular at the moment and I keep thinking it's mine when it isn't. I used to have a musical one but missed a call when I was in a shop as I thought it was background music.
Earlier this week at a cricket match we heard a duck quack ringtone. Very appropriate for a cricket fan.

Agus Sat 30-May-15 09:22:58

Different tones for family but my favourite for incoming texts, Crickets, reminds me of sunny days and cicadas.

Nelliemoser Sat 30-May-15 09:50:24

Not done any of these yet. I could, but my grandsons are too young to show me how yet. wink

soontobe Sat 30-May-15 09:54:38

I dont have a clue. I would have to ring it to find out.
But that was the reason we chose it. It is a non-commital type tone. Most of the choices were high pitched, or sounds that would irritate us very quickly.
Only the one sound for everyone though. I wouldnt want loads.

harrigran Sat 30-May-15 10:31:34

House phone ringtone is Pachelbel's Canon in D, mobile is old fashioned telephone ringtone. I find a lot of the ringtones just blend into background noise so are no good in noisy environments.

janeainsworth Sat 30-May-15 13:12:29

Walk don't Run on my mobile.

ninathenana Sat 30-May-15 13:51:13

Having gone to settings on my mobile I can tell you it's called Lucky 5. I had no idea grin just chose the least annoying one.
Land line is just the one it came with.

Makes me smile when watching Doctors as Rob the copper has Z cars theme tune as his ring tone.

ShowerGel Sun 31-May-15 07:28:36

I used to have 'Does that make me crazy?' singing out from one mobile that I owned.
The one I have at the moment is a gentle temple bell. Which seemed appropriate when the 'text message arriving - ting' occurred during a meditation class. shock

Brendawymms Sun 31-May-15 07:37:46

Delivers flower duet.

Brendawymms Sun 31-May-15 07:38:16

Bloody predictive text. Delibes.

Soutra Sun 31-May-15 07:59:54

Thank goodness we are coming to the end of that awful Nokia waltz "tune" .

pompa Sun 31-May-15 08:03:49

Rolling Stones "I can't get no satisfaction"

Pittcity Sun 31-May-15 08:59:17

I usually have Sweet Child of Mine for my children and Roses by Outcast (which is my favourite song with my name in it) for DH

Everyone else has whatever is a favourite tune at the time or A Fairytale of New York at Christmas.

I use a simple Ring tone maker app to use songs that I have downloaded.

Grannyknot Sun 31-May-15 09:00:58

Hendrix "There must be some way outta here" grin. Anything typical, I just don't hear. Only one ring tone for all calls ...

whenim64 Sun 31-May-15 09:20:14

'Start Me Up' by the Stones. I also like the normal old-fashioned ringing tone but kept missing calls because I couldn't distinguish mine from others.

Ariadne Sun 31-May-15 09:27:52

Skylark - I mean the bird - singing. DSiL got to my phone once and downloaded an owl hooting..

hildajenniJ Sun 31-May-15 09:44:58

I have a normal ring, ring on my landline, but my mobile plays the Rondo alla Turca by Mozart.
My cousin has my late mother's laugh as his ringtone!

EEJit Sun 31-May-15 16:31:24

The Muppets Mna Mna for the ringtone, and various others for family messages, including Priority One Message for messages from Beloved.

silverbogan1 Fri 03-Jan-20 07:32:48

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

silverbogan1 Fri 03-Jan-20 07:33:36

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Bathsheba Fri 03-Jan-20 08:03:49

Reported

Nico97 Fri 03-Jan-20 08:25:03

Captain Pugwash for me and Popeye for DH. The grandkids think they're hilarious and starting dancing as soon as they hear them grin

Nico97 Fri 03-Jan-20 08:25:28

Start not starting !