Gransnet forums

Chat

SOOP's kindly Kitcheners

(1000 Posts)
soop Mon 29-Jun-15 15:44:07

Here we are again
happy as can be
all good friends and jolly good company.
Never mind the weather
never mind the rain
as long as we're together
WOOPS she goes again.
Lah de dah de dah
lah de dah de de
ALL good friends and jolly good company...flowers wine cupcake sunshine and brew of course.

soop Mon 29-Jun-15 15:44:54

back to the tennis...wink

Charleygirl Mon 29-Jun-15 15:47:29

Thanks soop but I must not waste any more time. One male Brit Liam Brody ? Broady has won so I hope that the young lady playing Maria will get through but it is a big ask.

ffinnochio Mon 29-Jun-15 16:15:21

Magnums are in the fridge - all flavours - and look what I found tennis tennis tennis. sunshine

soop Mon 29-Jun-15 16:30:40

tennis tennis tennis thank you ffinochio I would so love a Magnum right this minute. Alas! I shall have to imagine the treat.

Charleygirl Maria gets on my nerves. I do like her opponent. As you say...a mighty big ask.

Nelliemoser Mon 29-Jun-15 16:40:21

Another new one. Please may I have an almond magnum to celebrate.

whenim64 Mon 29-Jun-15 16:44:35

ffinnochio your timing is perfect. Magnums and tennis on a sunny afternoon. Bliss! tennis

soop Mon 29-Jun-15 17:07:29

Nelliem and when I knew that Maria would scream her way to victory. Our girl played very well. Tomorrow's shopping list includes almond Magnum. I believe that our bags recommends this flavour. It's worth a try. wink

I have to dash away and deal with a few much neglected household duties. Bah! Tomorrow I shall not be budged from my tartan armchair as I yell for Andy. tennis grin moon

whenim64 Mon 29-Jun-15 17:18:58

I love almond Magnums. Very more-ish. Perhaos some judiciously placed gaffer tape would shut a few screamers and hecklers up? grin

Charleygirl Mon 29-Jun-15 17:34:35

Maria Sharapova spoils any match for me and I dread to think what the screams and grunts do to her opponents. As previously stated- this nonsense should be stopped by penalising the offenders. I am enjoying the tennis and so looking forward to Andy tomorrow. I think that I will have to go out shopping early, especially as we are having a scorcher again tomorrow in London.

I found a mini magnum which had fallen down the rear of one of the drawers but there are no more lurking unfortunately. The almond ones are to die for.

Judthepud2 Mon 29-Jun-15 20:19:38

I rather envy you all in warm sunny England! I'm stuck here in grey cloud and chilly breeze mixed with a light drizzle sad

Would love a MINT Magnum though. I'll pop a few virtual ones in SK freezer for you all with a batch of almond ones too.

Off to clear the ironing before DD1 calls me over to the heat for birth of DGC6. Today was her due date. Will keep you posted.

Bye!

kittylester Mon 29-Jun-15 21:23:46

Coo! It took me ages to find you all - bet you thought you could escape - but I'm here!! wine

Soutra Mon 29-Jun-15 21:29:21

I can only watch Sharapova (and a couple of others) with the TV on " mute". Wish life could be muted sometimes too!

Crafting Mon 29-Jun-15 21:55:03

Wait for me kitty I could do with a wine or three! Can I hide in the kitchen for a while in the hope that the faries will come and do my holiday washing and ironing for me while I'm in here? Help yourselves to some Cornish fudge if anyone wants some.

Lona Mon 29-Jun-15 22:02:45

Hmm... I'm not very keen on Magnums. I need to go shopping tomorrow morning don't I? There must be some little delicacy that goes with tennis!

mcem Mon 29-Jun-15 22:25:24

May I recommend Lidl's version of almond magnums. A bit smaller so a clearer conscience.
DGD ( just turned 15) has set off tonight to walk the West Highland way. In a recent text she tells me it's raining but it hasn't dampened their spirits.
Can't see the attraction but I'd never say that to her!

annodomini Mon 29-Jun-15 22:56:24

Trying very hard to resist the Waitrose magnum-style choc-ices but not hard enough. blush

PRINTMISS Tue 30-Jun-15 07:37:02

Thought I would join you here, to see what you are chatting about, and find Magnum Ice Cream, which I love. We have a pack of eight from Sainsbury's the small ones, and usually indulge at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon. No. idea why! Can't stand the tennis on t.v. (two channels?) all day.

Lona Tue 30-Jun-15 09:05:36

I usually buy Waitrose essential choc ices but they've changed for the worse lately. I shall investigate further this morning.

soop How's MacSporran's head?

annodomini Tue 30-Jun-15 09:30:23

Try the salted caramel variety, Lona. I might be addicted.

Soutra Tue 30-Jun-15 09:48:26

Oh wicked, wicked temptresses! I am due to go to le supermarche this afternoon, how will I make it past the freezer cabinets??

soop Tue 30-Jun-15 12:13:54

A wonderfully sunny good Tuesday morning to all Kitcheners

First things first...Judthepud2 Has baby to decided that it's a good time to join the family? I'm excited for you. Please keep us nosey lot updated. Deep breaths...smile

Welcome mcem The West Highland Way passes our home. It's glorious here at the moment. Full sunshine with a soft breeze. It's also extremely scenic. I hope that your granddaughter enjoys the experience.

We wandered into the local shop expecting to have a lot of Magnum choice. There were white choc, raspberry and black coffee varieties to choose from. Personally, I like the plain dark choc. Later today I shall test the black coffee. I believe that MacSporran chose the white chocolate.

Lona MacS's head is a right mess. It will recover in due course. He's cutting the grass. It's very sunny. He's wearing a hat. hmm

kitty how come you were lost for a wee while? I did my best to open our new kitchen without too much upheaval. Sit yourself down and I shall make you a fresh cup of coffee. Sorry, no tartan shortcake biscuits. The last one in the pack has MacS's name on it.

Soutra grin

soop Tue 30-Jun-15 12:17:46

PRINTMISS Funny you should wait until 4 o'clock before eating your Magnum. I also think that it is a suitable hour for such a treat. I shall think of you at the appointed hour. grin

Charleygirl Tue 30-Jun-15 12:25:10

The perspiration was dripping off me after 8am today, I was too bone idle to do a grocery shop so I resorted to one on line and it will arrive tomorrow between 1-2pm. You naughty lot have persuaded me to add icecream to my list. I will also have strawberries and cherries but without the cream, luckily I am not a great lover of cream, the icecream will add a few kilos to my weight without extra help.

Tomorrow will be even hotter- I must not complain because I will be moaning about having the heating on in 3 months time.

I do hope that Andy sails though, he does not want to over exert himself in this heat. I am not sure who his opponent is. Andy is in fine form so his opponent should be worried although he will probably have the attitide that he has nothing to lose so will go for it.

soop Tue 30-Jun-15 12:30:26

Come on AN-DY! That's for later. wink

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion