Gransnet forums

Chat

What would you invent?

(13 Posts)
NanKate Mon 29-Jun-15 16:56:33

A machine to tell me each day when to stop eating in order to lose a pound a week.

vampirequeen Mon 29-Jun-15 17:01:00

Having just spent ages moving all the pots so that I could sweep the garden properly I would invent a bird feeder that automatically cleans up all the seed that the birds have scattered at the end of each day sorting the seed from the chaff and placing it back in the feeder or a bin.

whenim64 Mon 29-Jun-15 17:31:16

The MyFitness app does that, NanKate. It doesn't beep to let you know when you've reached your daily limit though - a design failure in my opinion. Not that I'd take much notice! grin

Charleygirl Mon 29-Jun-15 17:37:10

Not a wheelchair but a mini machine which does the same job to take me from room to room if I have more surgery and end up non weight bearing again on one leg.

soontobe Mon 29-Jun-15 18:09:46

We seem to have got to the stage, in the last few years, of just reinventing the wheel, technology wise.

Which is why, I really do not want robots to take more jobs, as now at least, not many new jobs are being created.
I think we have reached saturation point.

numberplease Tue 30-Jun-15 03:26:19

Non-fattening fish and chips!

NanKate Tue 30-Jun-15 06:48:27

That's interesting WhenIm64. The trouble is I would imagine you have to log in all the food you eat. I want something that does it automatically without my input.

Grannyknot Tue 30-Jun-15 06:59:54

A device that fits on the end of your index finger and evaporates annoying people when you point at them. The only trigger would be the annoying person.

Anya Tue 30-Jun-15 07:14:10

I want one of those 'synthetics' from Humans.

petra Tue 30-Jun-15 08:15:19

Anya, do you? When I first saw them I thought wow, what a brilliant idea. But when I really thought about it, I thought, no. Because they look so human it would be like living with a stranger. I tried to think of something he/she could do that I don't like doing. The only thing I can come up with is: changing the bed. Just thought of something else. I could programme it to remind me of things I have to do/get instead of having post it notes everywhere.

ffinnochio Tue 30-Jun-15 08:34:30

soontobe Check this out.

www.facebook.com/LimbitlessSolutions?ref=profile

Thank goodness others don't have your view of technology having reached saturation point. Advancement in technological areas has, and will continue to have, far reaching positive effects for society.

Teetime Tue 30-Jun-15 08:39:47

I agree there is much that needs to be achieved in science and in medicine to improve the health and well being of much of the planet.

On a selfish and venal note I really would like a silent hairdryer. smile

Maggiemaybe Tue 30-Jun-15 09:14:04

A new and powerful antibiotic that no bacteria can build resistance to.
And a wrinkle cream that really works. smile