Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Sun 02-Aug-15 06:56:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its cloudy but dry here in Brackley at the moment, take the weather as it comes as its supposed to be warm again starting today.
Mick

thatbags Sun 02-Aug-15 06:59:05

Morning all! A quiet morning weatherwise here – no wind or rain and a little sea mist above the loch.

thatbags Sun 02-Aug-15 07:09:49

PS the plan for today, thus far, is to identify a mushroom.

Anya Sun 02-Aug-15 07:14:50

That's a good plan bags especially if you're planning on eating it!

daffydil Sun 02-Aug-15 07:36:07

Good morning all.
Looks promising here in Chelmsford. Thought I would annoy some of you. I have had a few health problems recently and lost my appetite so I am trying to put on a bit of weight. Bring on the chocolate!
Enjoy your day.

Nelliemoser Sun 02-Aug-15 07:54:55

Good morning! Grey and damp looking in Cheshire. I need a warm bright day.

PRINTMISS Sun 02-Aug-15 08:05:44

Good morning to you all, a very still morning this morning, and I am off to play in the ladies day competition at bowls. The men prepare a lunch (and a very good lunch I will add) for the ladies, and we play each other through-out the day. I just hope it does not get to hot, no chance of winning! Had a lovely day yesterday; lunch with friends of many years, all getting older, but still able to enjoy a chat and a laugh, not sure how much longer this ritual will last. Travelling through the Sussex countryside on the train was a sheer pleasure, the downs are lovely this time of year.

ninathenana Sun 02-Aug-15 08:19:40

Morning all

Summer is back ! I've just been outside and it's already warm enough for a vest top grin even though the sunshine is hazy.
Sorry those that have damp gloom.

thatbags Sun 02-Aug-15 08:41:02

anya, wink.

So far I've only eaten chanterelles that I've foraged for myself. DH did eat some birch boletes several years ago and he's still here to tell the tale.

Pittcity Sun 02-Aug-15 09:00:24

Good morning all from Colchester. Hazy sunshine here, but mid 20s promised then temperatures on way down again tomorrow.
daffydil you can have some of mine: weight not chocolate.

whitewave Sun 02-Aug-15 09:12:46

Morning Mick.

Sunny and warm start in Brighton.

Day to myself!!!!!! Yippee!

Do out bathroom and kitchen, clean wood floors then all day in the garden - delicious.

baubles Sun 02-Aug-15 09:13:45

Morning all. I do believe the sun is trying to peek through the clouds, I shall go out and turn my face to the light.

Elizabeth1 Sun 02-Aug-15 09:15:40

Good morning all from Bonnybank in Fife. Woke up to bright sunshine however it's now overcast. Think sun will be in and out today.
Just recovering from a great family gathering yesterday our wee hoosey managed extremely well. Youngest fell off the bed and thankfully no further injuries apart from 5 and 7 year olds having a bit of a tussle. Now on to round 2 woohoo just love it. smile

SloeGinny Sun 02-Aug-15 09:16:49

Good morning from the Tees Valley, I'm sorry to say it's raining here.

You're brave with your fungi Bags, I'm always very hesitant, although we had a few seasons of Giant Puffballs, before they disappeared as mysteriously as they came - delicious!

Good luck with the bowls Print, enjoy your chocolate Daffy and the sunshine all, if you have it.

nannotgran Sun 02-Aug-15 09:37:22

Not as nice now as it was earlier in north essex this morning
yes daffydilyou can have some of my weight as well
New washing machine delivered and fitted by 2-30 washing in by 2-45 and it BLEW UPat 3 pm omg

dustyangel Sun 02-Aug-15 11:50:53

Good Morning all. Sunny and bright here. I'm not sure yet whether it's going to get very hot or just hot,which is better.
Yesterday stayed mostly in the 20°s which was a lot more pleasant. New moon, new month, new weather? I never know if the folk weather wisdom is true or not.

The neighbours came up earlier to start whacking their trees. They've moved to where I can see them now and I can see they're whacking their carob trees. It's a shame that so few people crop their almonds round here. sad

greyparker Mon 03-Aug-15 12:03:20

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

kittylester Mon 03-Aug-15 12:08:46

That's nice! Reported!