Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Mon 03-Aug-15 06:51:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey and cloudy here in Brackley this morning but it feels warm.
Mick

nannotgran Mon 03-Aug-15 06:59:22

Bright sunshine and warm in Manningtree today
Going on a boat trip to day on the river Debden . Enjoy your day

kittylester Mon 03-Aug-15 07:10:37

Good morning - hope you are well, Mick.

It's a bright sunny day in North Leicestershire, at least for now!

I have to take DGD1 home to Derby as she is having a tea party today. This afternoon we have yet another Library meeting. The first week since we took over seems to have gone well!

Enjoy your days everyone!

annsixty Mon 03-Aug-15 07:12:02

Good Morning all.
A very sunny start to the day here in Stockport. The gas boiler is getting its annual service today and we have a two hour time slot. A big advance on "anytime between 8am and 6pm" that used to be the norm.

whitewave Mon 03-Aug-15 07:23:14

Morning Mick

Like you very grey but warmish. Grandson duties today. Probably go into Brighton and have a look at the Pavilion.
Hope everyone has a happy day.

daffydil Mon 03-Aug-15 07:28:04

Good morning all.
Promising start to the day here in Chelmsford. warm and bright though I haven't been outside yet. Not much on today though I must sort out the freezer and bring the freezer list up to date. Both freezers need defrosting - a job I absolutely hate so I keep putting it off which only makes it more difficult.hmm

ninathenana Mon 03-Aug-15 07:38:04

Morning all.

Warm and sunny in N Kent.
We're attending a funeral today (not close to the deceased) So I'm glad it's not a wet miserable day.

NfkDumpling Mon 03-Aug-15 07:45:14

Morning All

Bright and sunny here this morning. Arrived back last night from our wonderfully hectic weekend with DD1 and family - with her two dogs. (The family are off to EuroDisney and France for a week.) Hairy Cocker spaniels. I've got them booked in for much needed trims tomorrow - they've already brought half a haystack in from the garden! The mystery to me is why doesn't all this Stuff fall off before they come indoors?

Have a lovely day Everyone sunshine

Pittcity Mon 03-Aug-15 07:58:56

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Looks like it's going to be a lovely day.sunshine

thatbags Mon 03-Aug-15 08:07:33

Morning, folks! Rain and wind here but it's supposed to brighten up later. The plan for the day, thus far, is to prepare the room for DD's family arrival on Wednesday, after my weekly visit to my knit and natter group at a day centre.

I identified both the mushrooms I had found, one by myself only to be confirmed by a mycology expert, and the other with help. Both are edible apparently.

baubles Mon 03-Aug-15 08:09:27

Morning everyone. Grey and drizzly today. Almost forgetting what a warm sunny day feels like. sad

PRINTMISS Mon 03-Aug-15 09:18:08

Good morning to you all, a dull but very 'close' morning this morning. Had a lovely weekend, lunch (travelling by train through the rolling Sussex downs - beautiful) with friends of 30 years and counting, doing check-up. Then a whole day of bowls on Sunday I ache all over but lovely younger friends there. Decorator in today, so living in confined space. Enjoy your days.

SloeGinny Mon 03-Aug-15 09:34:18

Morning all, overcast and breezy in the Tees Valley. It was so cold yesterday early evening, we put the heating back on. Bring back summer!

Grannybug Mon 03-Aug-15 09:41:44

Good morning everyone from an overcast East Northants. The sun is trying to shine so ever hopeful! Enjoy Monday.

Luckygirl Mon 03-Aug-15 12:17:06

Dull and very windy indeed here.

I am struggling with a new pair of glasses today - I have had varifocals for decades and never had a moment's bother - but these are making me feel quite "swimmy." I am trying to persevere. It is hard to read music on the piano without leaning my head backwards - that has always been a minor problem, but is more of a pain with this new prescription. They cost a fortune, so I am gritting my teeth - but have made an appointment to talk to the optician tomorrow.

dustyangel Mon 03-Aug-15 16:58:28

Good afternoon everyone. Had a different computer chap here all morning sorting out my net book and DH's laptop. I've been going in and out with washing at the same time. It has been lovely weather today temperature just under 30° and and a cool breeze.

I realised too late yesterday that I'd posted using a family expression for beating the trees . Must have seemed a bit strange. hmm

Luckygirl I'm glad that you are planning to see the optician. I hope there is a great improvement.

sally345 Mon 03-Aug-15 19:58:02

Lovely day here in Torbay south Devon weather warm and dry with the sun trying to come through cool wind down on the seafront so needed a cardy.

Need to do a pile of washing tomorrow so hope that the weather keeps up .

Couldn't get on with bi-focal so went back to reading glasses but sooner or later i will need varifocals before too long . Glad to hear other people are struggling with them too . Good luck smile